Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Taco Thursday, 4 Oct 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-04 5:39 AM
It's National Taco Day!  As if we need a national day to celebrate tacos!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-04 5:50 AM
I got up around 5:00 am and started working on my homework.  Then in honor of national taco day, I made my go to taco -- flour tortilla, slice of muenster cheese, tomato slices topped with Old Bay Seasoning.  Oh my goodness!   I warmed up my tortilla and it had some nice toasted spots, put that cheese on and let it melt before I took it off the comal. 

It's still dark here.  Once the sun comes up, I'll go for my walk.

Have a good day and tell us about your favorite taco.  Flour or corn tortilla?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-10-04 7:33 AM
I ran 3.2 this morning. My left knee was ok.  A little iffy at the start but no pain or issues.  Right calf cramped up right at the end.  I feel like I am 59 going on 75.

I like soft flour shell tacos.

We went to dinner last night at Chili's and I got a Chili Burger (great burger, topped with chili, 2 types of cheese, sauteed onions and tortilla strips.). Boy was it good but I think it'll be a couple days before I will be hungry again.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-04 11:09 AM
Chili burger sounds messy.  Chili dog to go with it.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-10-04 8:25 AM
Yay, we're talking about food!!

We went to an authentic Swiss meat market during our Oktoberfest weekend and bought Kielbasa.  Which probably isn't Swiss, but whatever.  It was a little mom and pop shop that wasn't even open but the wife saw us peeking in the windows and let us in.  I could hear her husband grumbling loudly in the back.:laugh:

Anyway, I'd never tasted the stuff before but made it Monday night for supper.  This is what Heaven must be like.:grin:  

Taco shells have come full circle.  Corn all the way in high school and college but then I moved here and discovered flour shells.  But now I'm old and my kidneys don't process the byproducts of flour very well so back to corn shells.  And keep them coming, I love tacos.

Yoga today; my long run was more difficult than it should have been yesterday.  And slow too.  Ugh.  These legs are in much need of a good stretching.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-04 10:06 AM
Kielbasa is good!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-04 11:07 AM
Kielbasa is Polish and now you know why I like to go to Poland.   :cool:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-04 11:09 AM
International taco....kielbasa taco.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-04 11:53 AM
Oh that is a taco here in Texas.  We call it a sausage taco.  Actually we put anything we like in a tortilla and make it a taco.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-04 10:08 AM
Went for my walk and it took longer than usual.  Met two neighbors along the way, not at the same time though.  I chatted for about 15 minutes with each one and just didn't worry about my walk.

Ok, get back to eating tacos!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-04 11:05 AM
Busy crazy all week.   I skipped the sucky run this morning, but delivered clothing for clothing bank.  Yesterday was an amazing day for clothing bank.  We rented a uhaul truck and I drove to the Amazon distribution center.  Man is that place huge.   They had a truck load of brand new clothing to donate all in Prime boxes.  The truck was packed full.  Now the clothing bank is packed.  It will take some time to sort it all out.  Thank you Amazon!

Taking Ellen, Isaac, and Nathanial to airport in Baltimore this evening. :cry::cry::cry:  It went by way too fast.

Tom in DE

29 days
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-10-04 11:53 AM
Amazon :wow:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-04 11:55 AM
Don't you just love it when companies donate useful items?  At our monthly Market Place one year, an athletic shoe store was going out of business and donated all their shoes to a non profit to sell.  I bought a pair of Merrell sandals for $10.00.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Taco Thursday, 4 Oct 2018