Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wednesdailies Surge Forth!
- - By judyruns Date 2018-10-03 5:27 AM
Hump Day has arrived. :happy:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-10-03 5:34 AM
Tuesday was a great 60 minute run. Squirrels were out. Nuts are dropping and chipmunks and squirrels were very industriously gathering them. It was such a happy run. Some days I just have more energy. I’ve added a leg stretch that my doc showed me to loosen up the ITB.

Advice from lady older than dirt: Stretches done religiously will be important for staying flexible. Joints tend to want to cramp up.

Today I’m off to the trail for a run and then to some drugstore shopping. Two more reserved books have come in for me. Library run as well.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-10-03 5:51 PM
I need to be better about stretching. :blush:  My joints are fine so far, but I have muscles that will tighten up until I can't ignore them anymore, then it's really hard to fix.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-10-04 6:43 AM
Stretching is really rewarding at my age, but when I was younger it didn't seem to matter much. One stretch that my orthopod MADE me do was a calf stretch against the wall but with a twist. I did that one ALWAYS and he was right...it did prevent some injuries.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-10-03 3:55 PM
Hi! I had my two-week post-op checkup yesterday. Everything looks good. FINALLY spoke with the surgical PA in person and found out exactly what happened with my meniscus, and the damage is much more minor than they initially thought.

My orthopedist does not believe in keeping limbs immobile, and since my meniscus doesn't need excessive protection, I got instructions to take the leg brace off. I can walk and bear weight without the brace and am encouraged to do as much PT and knee flexion as I can tolerate.

I have found that I can not, in fact, tolerate much walking just yet. And it's because of my lower back, hip and glute muscles. I have become so used to walking with a limp and a stoop that walking upright is making all those muscles sore. That will change over time. For now though, I'm walking more but still resting a lot. Ciao!
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-10-03 5:49 PM
Sounds like good news overall!  Hopefully your PT can help you relearn to walk correctly.  Which seems a bit silly, except that bodes seem to do an excellent job of learning how to do things in all the wrong ways when stuff isn't working right.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-10-04 6:40 AM
Excellent news that things are better than you anticipated!
During the broken toe episode I asked the doc how I could walk without limping. Essentially, it was to walk heel-forefoot slowwwwly and then pick up foot. The problem is, that can look so weird out in public. :laugh: However, I didn't ever limp.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wednesdailies Surge Forth!