Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Waiting for the sun to rise? Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-03 5:05 AM
No one, meaning my husband and dogs, are getting around too quickly this morning. : pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-03 5:15 AM
--Got the trophies and medals ordered for the Turkey Strut. Custom medals with specific engraving (age category, year, 5K) on the back of each one. Maroon ribbons for the 2018 medals and gray ribbons for 2019. 108 medals total and 4 turkey trophies. Everything for $540. Not bad for two years worth. They had been paying $150/year for shitty, flimsy stock medals and generic trophies. These will be a nice addition to our race. :happy:

--Thinking I’m going to feed my Preschoolers a Blueberry Tofu Smoothie for their protein lesson. : pbbt: I’m going to take in a soybean plant with pods so they can actually see where the tofu originates from. I also made a bean bucket (taped pictures of all kinds of beans to an ice cream bucket) and the kids are going to get to take turns tossing bean bags into it.

--They’re giving away a lot of door prizes at the 5K Saturday night. I wouldn’t mind winning the fish cleaning table, $50 gas card or Silver Dollar City passes. :grin: Surely between Iowa and I we can win something.

--Spiritibear is the new owner of a corn head. Just what I’ve been wanting. :laugh::roll: Add that to my farm inventory. : pbbt:

--I won’t complain too much. The one field of corn we have to combine should be pretty good and the soybeans are looking awesome. :cool:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-03 5:23 AM
I used to say I NEVER win anything. Then I bought raffle tickets at our Booster Club dinner and I won the ugliest, knee-length, cut-off, sweat-pant shorts things. They are the most comfortable thing EVER! I wear them all the time but DAMN they're butt-ugly haha
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-03 5:55 AM
Uhhh, I remember what you wore in the Frisco Marathon. That butt-ugly?
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-03 5:56 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That was my PR outfit, baby!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-03 6:08 AM
Run fast so no one would see you. :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-03 6:09 AM
Too bad I"m too fat to fit into any of that right now.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-03 5:40 AM
I like that idea for the preschoolers.  I bet a lot of them have never even heard of tofu.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-03 6:18 AM
Are the medals for all finishers or just for the winners?

Fish cleaning table and corn heads   :wtf::wtf::wtf:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-03 5:33 AM Edited 2018-10-03 5:38 AM
~I guess it's Mean Girls Day? Like the movie? Never saw it. No clue what it means. Wearing pink?

~Timing a middle school XC meet this afternoon. Not a single team turned in their entries properly :roll::roll::roll::roll:

~Gonna have a heat index of 95. That's gonna suck ass

~Perhaps eating an entire large pepperoni pizza by myself for dinner last night wasn't my finest hour. #PoorLifeDecisions #AnyPizzaIsAPersonalPizzaIfYouTryHardAndBelieveInYourself

~I have ZERO time to just relax this last week or so. Timed two races over the weekend. Another today. Another Saturday. Then one next Thursday. Then a short break.

~Toys R Us may not be done? Maybe mounting a comeback

~FEMA to test the "Presidential Alert" today at 1:18 our time. I sure hope it's a Presidential selfie with Stormy Daniels.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-03 5:42 AM
And I thought it was going to be hot here.  I'll just be quiet about complaining now.  : pbbt:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-03 5:43 AM
You go right ahead. At least you are trying to run in it.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-03 6:16 AM
On Wednesdays we wear pink (from the movie)

I saw something about a company potentially buying the TRU brand or reviving it or something.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-03 8:48 AM
I just realized the Mean Girls thing is because it is October 3rd and that is a date mentioned in the movie.  wow.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-03 5:57 AM
*I slept so well last night.  First night in forever, well probably 10 days.  Hope this doesn't mean that running will start being a struggle. 

*I have an appointment an hour away for flute repair this morning.  That's going to take up a big chunk of my day.  But she's awesome and it needs to be done.  Marie's never had an issue.  Joseph's flute has been in for repairs 3 times.  :meh:  But one of those repairs shouldn't count, it was for the marching flute.  The marching instruments take a lot of abuse.  It's just part of it.  The other 2 are definitely on him though. 

*I had some ice cream late last night and oh am I ever paying for that this morning.  Days like today, when I think about living like this the rest of my life I start re-thinking my decision to just live with this.  :meh:

*Guess I can take down the birthday decorations in here now. 

*I helped Jonathan make up a budget last night.  That was good for him.  He needs to know what he needs to live on before he gets or accepts an offer.  The company sent hm an email with several housing options linked.  I'd say that is a very positive sign.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-03 6:09 AM
What’s the deal with ice cream for you? Lactose?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-03 6:10 AM
Heartburn/reflux.  :cry:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-03 6:11 AM
I passed out at 7 last night

woke up to pee at 9 :laugh::laugh::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: #oldmanprobs
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-03 6:16 AM
I guess I never thought about having to repair your own instrument. Do they buy them or rent?

Is the new job in a low cost of living area?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-03 6:18 AM
We rented to own.  Of course by the time they need repairs, we own them. 

Yes, upper Wisconsin has a very low cost of living.  :cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-03 6:14 AM
I really need to get back on the foam roller, my left knee is not liking me. When I bend it to stretch my butt (crossing my left ankle over my other knee) it hurts pretty bad and then negates the butt stretch

Went to a book club in my neighborhood last night. There were only 7 of us but it was a good time. Definite cross section of women which was nice. I'm going to try to keep doing it even though I probably won't like the books. Although half the people last night hadn't read the book either so guess it doesn't matter

In laws come in today. Who knows if they will show up in the afternoon or after B is already in bed. We will find out.

Need to figure out plans for the week/weekend. There's a chance of rain half the time they are here which throws off things I was thinking of

Had a free 4 pack of chicken minis in my Chik Fil A app so had that for breakfast. Not my favorite thing but hey it was free.

I think the teacher B doesn't care for at daycare is gone. She had finally warmed up to him (and vice versa) but still not his fav. I didn't see her at all this week and noticed her name/picture wasn't outside the room anymore. Not sure if she left or went to a different room.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-03 6:16 AM
It's so hard to plan activities when you don't know what the weather will do.  :sad:

That's good news for B if that teacher isn't his teacher any more.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-03 6:26 AM
Damnit now I want Chik Fil A :mutmad:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-03 6:34 AM
hi. that is all. kinda pissed about my knee. not very sociable.:mutmad::cry:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-03 7:10 AM
:hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-03 7:12 AM
:sad::hug:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-03 7:42 AM
:cry::hug:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Waiting for the sun to rise? Wednesday RTTs