Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Early Tuesday Daily
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 6:09 AM
:laugh::hug:
What's your favorite store? 
What did you do today?
Parent - - By george [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:44 AM
Favorite store? Aldi. They have food and it's cheap and no frills. I can get in, get what I need, and get out in 20 minutes and spend half of what I would at Wegman's. Aldi improves the quality of my life!

5.7 miles with a coworker today. Very cool and moist, but at least it didn't downpour on us!
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:08 AM
I don't know how you can get in and out of an Aldi in 20 minutes  - that place is like Ross for food. I can't figure out where anything is :laugh:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 11:24 AM
Ross for food! :laugh::laugh: Anytime I get food at Home Goods, I think of you!
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:45 AM
:laugh: I love it! we got some macarons there for SS14 last week - I think they were there because the label said macaroons (oopsies). They  cost like $5 for 6 so we made some on Sunday for the first time. we did lemon and he said they turned out really well, so looks like I have a new side gig for lunch packing. :laugh:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 11:47 AM
:laugh: Fun!
Yeah, why are macarons so expensive?
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:50 AM
I think because of the almond flour - but that's really the only pricey ingredient. the rest is just vanilla, powered sugar and butter. :wtf:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-10-02 12:59 PM
that's an hilarious mistake!  :laugh: you win! :grin:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-02 11:31 AM
We do have one of those and I can't shop there. They only take cash or debit cards. I have neither. And ours feels small and icky to me
Parent - - By george [us] Date 2018-10-02 12:00 PM
Our's just started accepting credit cards, and was recently remodeled, so it actually feels very swanky and trendy.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-02 12:09 PM
That would help!
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-10-02 12:21 PM
Let's see, I go to the grocery store (Giant), the beer store (yes, that is a separate thing here, though it's changing), and the pet store (Petco) on a regular basis. The LRS (Chester County Running), I make a stop there a few times a year. I guess that's my favorite place. I usually try to time it when the owner is in so we catch up a bit. He is a pretty good, shall I say senior runner.

Planet of fitness routine today. Skipped most of the stretching stuff to save time plus my foot is still sore.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-10-02 12:58 PM
beer stores around here are all specialty beer shops where you can get all kinds of random beers plus growlers filled. PA still has those sill laws?
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 1:07 PM
:grin::grin::cool:
sorry about your foot!
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-10-02 3:54 PM
I buy most everything except food through Amazon nowadays but for food I'm with george on Aldi. He also mentions Wegman's (which is regional in the NE US) and I do love that store even though it's way pricier than Aldi but it has a tremendous selection of high-quality stuff including some exotic things you can't find elsewhere.

At lunchtime I had some extra time with my morning meeting getting done early so I went for 7.5 miles along the river plus loops around City Island and finished with some capitol steps. :grin: Cool and cloudy but still sweaty with the humidity rising today.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 6:14 PM
:grin::grin: nice lunch run!
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-02 7:17 AM
I’m not much of a shopper.  I’d probably go with Amazon.  They have everything and it’s so convenient.

Not a terrible morning.  My w/u run felt decent for an easy run. I went on the riverwalk trail.  Still portions covered with sediment, but they were mostly dry and just bumpy. I struggled on the hard stairmonster portion, but I successfully fought the urge to quit every 30 seconds.  The back/bi lifting portion was a circuit and it was so-so.  The lifting portion seemed short and my weights were either easy feeling or too hard and I’d have to cheat form.  I need something in between.  5# is too much it seems.  The abs part felt like rest to me and the burnout wasn’t that hard either.  But then again, I stink at supermans in general.  They aren’t hard, but I’m not good at them either.

The good part is my range of motion in my hip.  I always stretch and work on mobility like crazy with minimal improvement.  I don’t know what changed yesterday, but all of a sudden it made a huge (for me) jump.  Maybe someday I’ll be able to get into a somewhat normal looking pigeon again on my left side.  It used to be my better side.  And speaking of pigeon – or the reclined version/thread the needle/whatever you call the piriformis stretch on your back.  They always say “flex your foot to protect the knee.”  I’d love to know what that’s supposed to protect.  For me, flexing my foot is the first thing that makes my knee hurt.  Even my good knee hurts when I flex my foot.  I have a better chance of getting into the position with it relaxed.   My body is crazy weird though.  Just add it to the list I guess.

I also just ordered the koala clip. I was reading reviews and saw a CSR10 discount code for 10% off. It worked :happy:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 7:38 AM
I got the koala clip. I haven't used it yet because all of my sports bras are cross back :laugh: and I don't have bluetooth headphones. Dammit. I didn't research well enough.

Interesting on the flexing foot part. I never do that!
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-02 8:27 AM
Can you unzip it a little and have the wires come through? That's what I do with my flip belt, but usually I use the shuffle.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 10:46 AM
Okay will try!
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:27 AM
I've used my koala clip with the skinny cross-back bras I have and it stays put.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 10:45 AM
Gonna try it! Thanks!
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:26 AM
Pigeon pose always feels so good.....when I remember to do it.:roll:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-02 12:08 PM
I can't even get in it :meh: even on my now good side, I'm the one with all the blocks and stuff supporting me. My bad side, I either lay on my side and have my leg stuck out, or I try to do the version on my back. It's quite embarrassing in class. :blush:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:38 AM
I use my koala clip every day - so glad that Blazer suggested it, she should be getting residuals!
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-10-02 12:57 PM
thanks for the code. :grin:
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-10-02 7:24 AM
I don't typically like going to stores. I do enjoy stopping by Nike outlets. Often it's a bunch of crap but sometimes you find something really great. It's fun walking in with some hope.

5.2 dark and misty miles for me this morning.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 7:38 AM
Yeah, I guess I feel that way about any outlet store. :laugh:
Good run!:cool:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:29 AM
Before they changed the Nike Vomero.....which I wore exclusively for 8 years....I always got them at the Nike Outlet.  Of course it wouldn't be the latest version, but I liked them all up until the 10, so I didn't care.  And often, the color was funky, but getting a $110-120 shoe for $60-80 bucks made the color meaningless to me. Now, I find the outlet kinda :meh:
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:54 AM
More often than not the outlet is full of things that are either, 1. garbage or 2. not marked down much.:sad:

Still, you sometimes stumble upon something great that's marked way down, which is what is fun about going in.:cool:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:39 AM
keep hope alive!
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-10-02 12:53 PM
lately i feel that items in outlets are made specifically for outlets rather than a discount on their typical goods. :meh::wtf:
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-10-02 4:25 PM
Add a half hour on the paddle board to my run. The lake was calm so I got out there. Come this time of year you don’t know how much longer paddle boarding will be an option.
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-10-02 7:31 AM
:laugh::hug:

Today my alarm went off and I reset it for an hour later and rolled back over and went back to sleep. In the name of taper, of course. Not at all due to the fact that DH and I stayed up too late watching stuff we DVRed. :roll: I didn't run when I got up, but I spent some quality time with the foam roller. :cry: I had this weird glute thing happening this weekend where my right glute would all of a sudden feel super fatigued, kind of like it stopped working, then my entire right leg would feel tight. :wtf: It was super weird. My right hip flexor has been tight for weeks too. While foam rolling this morning I found out that my right hamstring is super tight too, so I figure it's all related. I will foam roll again tonight and maybe get a short 3-miler in just to loosen up the legs.

My favorite store is Target! :grin: It is my favorite but it can also be evil. : pbbt:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 7:39 AM
You should try some pigeon poses too!! Speaking of pigeon above :grin:

Yep, Target always gets me with something I don't need. :laugh:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-02 8:28 AM
I like going into Target, but they seem pricey to me for what you get. (mega cheap)

My whole body is tight. I need a personal masseuse on staff
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:32 AM
That glute thing killed me last year.....hopefully yours is just a "thing".  For some reason my glute was super weak and the hip flexor was funky and I am still working on strengthening them.
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:39 AM
Target buddies! :cool:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-10-02 12:52 PM
i feel your hip issues! :meh: I have a primadonna hip is what it feels like. works fine but try to add distance and it says nope and shuts everything down. :mutmad:
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-10-02 5:56 PM
There is always something I need at Target. Always. Even if I don’t know it.
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 7:40 AM
5 miles with 5 peeps. Still humid. Still nasty.

Madewell is my favorite store :hug:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:32 AM
Yep, gross again today.  Looks like it will be that way until at least next week.:sad::meh:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 11:25 AM
Fingers crossed for a pleasant Sunday. We have our big fall festival and I work the first shift!
Parent - - By gadget girl Date 2018-10-02 10:46 AM
I like that store.  :hug:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 11:24 AM
:hug:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-02 11:29 AM
Ugh on the weather. :cry:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:40 AM
I've never been to Madewell. commiserating on the humid grossness :sad:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-10-02 12:51 PM
i had to google that store. :blush:
- - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-10-02 7:57 AM
Molly and I about to head out for at least 8km.  My internet (computer...I need a password or something) is sketchy right now so I'm posting the workout before it happens.  It's cloudy and cool but we are in civilization so no bears to worry about and good coffee to buy after the run

Anyhoo I don't really care for stores but I love MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op)...great to buy stuff online and at  the moment I'm about 30 minutes from one in real life!:hug:

www.mec.ca
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:33 AM
Good coffee!!:grin:
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-10-02 7:03 PM
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 11:25 AM
Hope y'all enjoyed! :hug:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-02 11:28 AM
I don't really care about stores seems to be a theme around here :laugh:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:40 AM
did your run happen yet?
Yes....12km and reliable internet!:hug:
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-10-02 12:49 PM
i've been to MEC stores before and whenever we are in the proper country, i always try to go.  :happy:
- - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-10-02 7:58 AM
Walked a mile w/ Benji and then a mile w/ the foster doggo. when we got back I played with her in the backyard w/ a tennis ball for a bit and gave her some extra attention. :happy:

hands down the $100 store for me (aka Target) I could go every single day and spend more than I need to :blush:  I even actually somehow made it on to a panel where they send me free stuff to review - the things are super random but so far I've gotten: a purse, a pair of jeggings, a sweet Braun 7 in 1 hand mixer, marshmallows, shaving creme, vitamins for SS14, dog treats and tortilla chips. :cool:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:34 AM
That is a nice selection of random stuff!!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:47 AM
it really is, I forgot I have a closet/shelf organizer thing too(almost like Elfa, but not quite as fancy), and a really heavy soup ladle. They do campaigns every month or so, and if you don't log in right away when you get the email the pickings can be pretty slim, or they do baby stuff, which I don't need, but it's always interesting to see what might be available.
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 11:25 AM
How do you get to be one of those peeps? That's fun! :grin::grin:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:41 AM
I don't even know! I signed up first to be an insider I think, where you take surveys and stuff. and then I randomly got an email asking me to join the bullseye thing and I couldn't click "heck yeah" fast enough :laugh:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 11:44 AM
:cool::cool:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-02 11:27 AM
That is cool about target!
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-10-02 12:48 PM
so random yet so fun! :laugh:
- - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-10-02 8:35 AM
My absolute favorite store in the world is Wegman's.:hug::hug: Fortunately there aren't any close to me or I'd be living there. I hate going out to most stores, and get most everything, including dry goods like paper towel and laundry detergent, on Amazon.

Have some work on my roof going on right now. The contractors started late, which means I'll get to work late, which is stressing me out, but it has to get done. So I'll spin 45-60 minutes tonight. I ended up doubling yesterday, did a 45 minute spin last night, it felt great so I want to do that more.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:35 AM
We got a new roof a month or so ago.  It was SO HOTT (about 100*), I felt awful for those guys.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-10-02 4:22 PM
The choice for roofers here seems to be warm to hot and super humid, or wet. My guys won’t go on the roof when it’s wet, and have already rescheduled a few times due to rain. Frustrating! The job involved cutting a hole in my roof and running a pipe out of the attic through the roof. If the scum bucket contractor who installed the pipe some 20 odd years ago had done it right in the first place... But, all fixed now!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 11:26 AM
I've never been to a Wegmans!

I need to spin tomorrow! Been awhile. :grin:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-02 11:26 AM
We don't have any nice or even semi-nice grocery stores here. The last couple of times I've been traveling, I've gone in a random grocery store and was so amazed I walked around taking pictures and sent them to friends and family back home! :laugh:

Roofers certainly earn their $$$ IMO
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-10-02 12:48 PM
you are still dog walking?

we get that kind of stuff (paper towels, laundry detergent) at costco. fortunately i do not have to go!  :grin:
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-10-02 4:13 PM
Wegmans. :swoon:
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:42 AM
10 stanky miles toady with a couple of my skinny blondes.  The miles I ran by myself were a death march, the miles with them were just ok.  We did a lot of squats at boxing class last night, so my knees were creaky.  Will go to boxing class again tonight.

Up until a couple of months ago, I probably would have said Target, but now, I will say Amazon.  I love being able to buy and send stuff to the kids at school.  For instance, the boy no longer had goalie gloves and is now playing keeper on two different soccer teams at school....I ordered him a pair on Amazon and had them delivered to him.  Easy peasy!  I have bought my last 4-5 pairs of running shoes on Amazon.  It is just so convenient.
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 11:26 AM
That is a super convenient way to send stuff to your kiddos!

Did you tell me blazerboy is coming for the game this weekend? I forget!
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:34 AM
He MAY be coming back this weekend, as it will be easy to catch a ride since so many people will be headed up for The Game.....but doesn't plan on attending it.  We are actually going down the following weekend (we haven't seen him in six weeks), but he wants to come home and see the dogs as he missing them. The dogs. Not his mommy.:roll:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 11:45 AM
Maybe he's just using the dogs as an excuse :blush::blush::hug:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-10-02 5:43 PM
Yes, this.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-02 11:27 AM
Yep. The convenience is so hard to beat. And all of the kids can order stuff they need for themselves as well.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-10-02 12:38 PM
DH shops for his elderly parents on our amazon account. MUCH easier than trying to talk his mom through ordering stuff on line or taking her somewhere for items.

my knees are always creaky with squats too. oh well.
- - By gadget girl Date 2018-10-02 10:45 AM
I am finally on the mend and ran 2 miles yesterday.  I'm trying to ease back very slowly so today I walked and did 3 sets of "the stairs" in my neighborhood, followed by core work, hip stretching and a 2 minute plank.  I'll do a ballet video tonight.

My favorite store is Anthropologie.  I'd like my ashes sprinkled in the sale section when I die. :happy:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:51 AM
I am not hip, nor cool enough to wear stuff from Anthropologie.:laugh:
Parent - By gadget girl Date 2018-10-02 11:23 AM
I only like their vintage looking stuff.  I suppose that is still hip and cool though. :cry:: pbbt:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-10-02 5:59 PM
Isabella told me that too!:roll::laugh::mutmad:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 11:27 AM
Yay! That's good news!

I feel the same as blazer! I LOVE going into Anthro and I love what the salespeople have on but then I try it and I just look comical. :laugh::cry:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:37 AM
Just wait until you go in there with your daughter when she is a teenager and she shakes her head at everything you want to try on. :laugh:  That said, blazergirl will suggest clothes I think I have no business wearing and they sometimes look good on me.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 11:45 AM
:laugh::laugh::hug::hug::hug:
She's starting to suggest things for me or tell me things don't match :laugh:
Parent - By gadget girl Date 2018-10-02 2:24 PM
:laugh::cool::hug:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:43 AM
good news that you were able to get a run in yesterday. :happy:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-02 12:12 PM
Trying to get back into it is so tough mentally. Patience...
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-10-02 12:36 PM
yay for a run!
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:01 AM
I'll say Wegmans because I stop in there almost every time I'm at the gym...it's right across the street.  I use it like a 7-11 or Wawa type convenience store.  Did I mention it's right across the street from the gym?  :wink:  We also have one ~2 miles from our house...just in case :wink::wink:

I did core, hip & shoulder exercises and then swam 1600 meters at the gym this morning. I did NOT stop at Wegmans afterwards :shocker!:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 11:28 AM
What is Wegmans? Many of you are referencing it.
I googled. :blush:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-10-02 5:57 PM
Wegmans is a grocery store where unicorns carry you down the aisles, and angels sing as they hand you samples of fresh, warm, cinnamon raisin bread. I highly recommend.:wink:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 6:14 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-02 11:30 AM
See above about Wegmans. I'd love to have any semi fancy food store. One with a generic salad bar would be awesome!
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-10-02 12:31 PM
how far apart are these Wegmans? :wtf:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-10-02 1:12 PM
The one near my gym is 6.5 miles from my house in a mostly northerly direction.  The one close to home is ~2 miles away in a mostly westerly direction.  By road, they are 8.3 miles apart, in different towns and different counties.  My "early morning" visits after class & my post-class workout get me in around 8:15am and it's pleasantly not crowded!  At later times of the day, neither is ever hurting for customers!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-10-02 5:46 PM
Dang, you have a Wegmans, and a spare Wegmans too?!

lucky dog!
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-10-03 2:48 AM
...and a Whole PayCheck….I mean Whole Foods 3/4 mi away & ~4 miles away.  But I rarely go there.
- - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-10-02 12:27 PM
i really don't like shopping for much of anything. We do most shopping on amazon for delivery. the stores i'm most likely to be in are whole foods, QFC (local grocery store) and Trader Joe's. TJ's as we call it, is a favorite but is rather dangerous with some of the items that look tempting. :shocker!: One of those amazon stores where you can walk in and automatically walk out with items (if you are a prime member and registered) opened up a block or two from my work. I find that super creepy. :meh: No thanks! The one store i like browsing in is the gift shop of the library. They really do have a nice little store which is good for getting cards or little gifty items. And it supports the local library. :happy:

we've had a some creeper menacing an area i run through frequently. i've changed my routes and was very happy to run with someone this morning. That makes me so mad! The police have stepped up patrols in the area but there has mostly been coverage of this from social media and not much of it. :wtf:

good run this morning though! :grin: I wanted to bring back some tempo running. So 2 x 2 miles at tempo with half mile recovery. I had no idea what to expect for tempo as most of my long runs are around 10:30 or so. 8:15, 8:07 (wind assist) and then 8:17, 8;20. I didn't look at watch for these and expected much slower. Very happy and also pleased with consistency.  7 miles total.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 1:09 PM
Boo on the creeper. I hate when that happens!!
I feel the same way about TJs ... almost always something chocolate tempts me there. : pbbt:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-10-02 5:49 PM
I do love TJ's! But the closest one to me is tiny, always crowded, with a parking lot that is THE definition of hell, so I rarely go.:sad:
- - By skigirl Date 2018-10-02 12:46 PM
Will head to the gym after work today.  My hand and leg are still very sore from Sunday's dog attack so I will likely have to modify some stuff accordingly, we'll see.

Favourite store: I guess I'll copy Mookie and say Mountain Equipment Co-op.  I don't like shopping much.  :blush:

I think I'm going to have to order a koala clip to keep my phone warm during my runs - the battery has died twice in the past week while I've been out walking or running, because it's close to freezing and OMG the phone just can't cope.  : pbbt: And it's nowhere near as cold as it will be in a month or two. I had a lot of problems last winter too, and I tried a bunch of different solutions for keeping it warm but none of them really worked - keeping it in a pocket, even one that's on a layer close to my body, doesn't seem to keep it warm enough.  The koala clip sounds like a good plan - if that doesn't work, then I don't know what will!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-10-02 1:10 PM
See above for the code for ordering!! :grin:

I hope you feel okay at the gym!
- By nooner [us] Date 2018-10-02 1:49 PM
5 miles at noon.

It was back to our shady route today. We stopped at the art building on campus for some water and the water fountain now has an interactive art installation on it that is supposed to represent a stomache virus. :shocker!: That’s really not what you want to think about while getting something to drink.

I do most of my shopping on Amazon but my favorite store is the local beer store. They hold tastings every Thursday and Friday where you get to sample 8 different beers and they have 24 taps to fill growlers. They also have several beers on clearance every week so I will scoop up any $3 six packs that have decent ratings. But I only buy my beer there, I prefer Total Wine for wine and liquor.
- - By sideshowbob Date 2018-10-02 2:47 PM
My problem with Wegman's is that they are slowly replacing well known established  brands with their own label. In some cases , the new product differs . Foe example, hereabouts they stopped  carrying Welch's  grape juice and are now pushing Wegman's . The new variety is a grape drink and not pure juice. Sorta like switching from Sierra Nevada pale ale to Bud  Lite 

Too frequent  Tstorms in these parts to get in a run, so DW and I spent the day mostly throwing out and bagging for Salvation Army . After 40 years in the same house, it's   time to downsize and find a new age-suitable living arrangement . It's very difficult to leave a great neighborhood that  would make Bedford Falls look like Purgatory, but I feel the move is just reluctantly looking ahead to the inevitable. We did find a lot of kid's stuff and memorabilia which resulted in much reflection on our part.:happy::grin:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-10-02 5:53 PM
Aw, too bad about Weggies! I haven't noticed, but I only get there about twice a year.:laugh:

Moving sucks. Don't do it.
- - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-10-02 4:13 PM
Gonna try to get back into the habit of posting, at least occasionally. (It has been a while.)

10.25 mi this morning.

Favorite store: The King Arthur Flour baker's store. It's overpriced and full of things I really don't need, but I fall for it every time.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-10-02 5:51 PM
Hi Doughboy!:hug: Is that really you?!
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-10-02 8:11 PM
:shocker!::hug:

it's a good thing there is no king arthur flour store here!  :laugh:
- By JimGo1 Date 2018-10-02 7:10 PM
Happy Tuesday,

I did a basic kettlebell workout and my yoga app workout.   It was pretty good.   I feel like my yoga is getting a little better.  I still suck but it is improving.   I've been working on the breathing part of it as far as when to inhale and exhale etc.  Favorite store ?  Hmmm.  I would say the farmers market in Bouctouche.   It is amazing.  They have acadian music, local beer/wine, vegetables, and a lot more.   The whole community goes there and it is really cool.
- By N70SAK Date 2018-10-02 8:30 PM
: pbbt: Sunset... ride to the top of Zelzah(the edge of Union Oil, where the huge natural gas leak occurred). 8 miles total. :happy:
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Early Tuesday Daily