Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies Here
- - By judyruns Date 2018-10-02 6:08 AM
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-10-02 6:09 AM
Monday I got caught up in domestic XT so I did a cardio dvd for 40 minutes. Some of that was running in place.
Today I’m off to the trail and then to the library to pick up a spooky book.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-10-02 6:46 AM
Enjoy your spooky book!  Do you have a particular one in mind, or are you just looking for something to put you in the Halloween spirit?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-10-02 4:47 PM
Spooky books like these: Haunted Plantations of the South and Haunted Plantations:Ghosts of Slavery and Legends of the Cotton Kingdoms. Books like these sometimes have facts for my study that I would not find in other books. Southern dvds can help also. For example, I would never have known about some of the secret rooms in most southern mansions if it weren't for these more casual items.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:44 AM
Spooky books make me anxious. Enjoy it though.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-10-02 4:48 PM
I watch spooky movies from my collection. In Fall the winds blow a little more and my closet door rattles. Ghosts!:laugh:
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-10-02 1:56 PM
Hope it was a nice trail run!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-10-02 6:45 AM
'Morning Judy.  It has finally gotten slightly cooler here.  I mean, not cool, but lower 60s this morning.  Not going to last, though, as lows for the next week or so are supposed to be back into the upper 60s and highs near 90 later in the week.  This morning was still about 25 degrees too warm for my taste, but I guess I'll take what I can get.  Sweat dripping off my eyelashes and elbows but shorts that aren't soaked through is something, right? :laugh:  I did manage a sub-10mpm 5 miles, which is better than I've been doing most of the summer.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:43 AM
That's a nice pace.
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-10-02 1:57 PM
I'll trade you temps :cry:.  I'm sure the cooler temps helped the pace.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-10-02 4:52 PM
Great work on the pacing! It will be great for you to get some better coolness.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-10-02 10:43 AM
I ran this morning. Last week I ran both Saturday and Sunday. My legs were a bit achy. Last Wednesday when I ran, I had major fatigue, so I didn't run Thursday and Friday because I was afraid I would struggle with work. Today I feel good though and think it was the humidity and not use to my new work schedule.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-10-02 11:41 AM
Glad to hear that today's run went ok.  I'm sure that working and general fatigue take their toll, so rest days are important. :hug:
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-10-02 1:58 PM
Nice getting out there this morning.  Is work schedule longer days/hours or just a shift in times?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-10-02 4:53 PM
Great work on the runs and special commendations for listening to your body! :hug: I notice at my age that enough rest makes a huge difference.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-10-02 2:01 PM
I ran three times last week but ended up with a head cold at end of week/weekend.  Could have been a worse cold but still nasty to have a snotty nose when it's 90 out.  Ran today with DH.  He makes me run quicker but I'm sure it's still slower than he'd go on his own.  Planning to run either tomorrow or Thursday, then again on Friday.  I also have to go help at DS1's school for the run club.  His school allows preschool siblings too so DS2 will go as well.

Still running in the 80 degree weather and it's hit 90 or higher every freaking day with no end in sight.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-10-02 4:56 PM
The 90's are a bear, and you also have lousy dew points. :meh: It helps to have a male presence and company as well.
Great running!:happy: Great about the run club.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-10-02 5:52 PM
Colds ought to only happen when it is cold. :cry:  Which means, at least where you live, you ought to be immune to colds. : pbbt:

I don't get this weather.  I mean, I do.  Global warming and all, but it still makes me angry.  "Summertime" ought to last for something less than half the year. :mutmad:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-10-02 7:18 PM
Really sorry about your cold. I can recall hearing and being convinced that warm weather colds were worse than winter colds. Maybe it is because you are already uncomfortably warm and the infection is adding to the discomfort, especially the throat. :sad:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies Here