Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Title Nine Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-02 5:35 AM
:grin:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-02 5:47 AM
~2,011 hours until Christmas Day

~Starting tomorrow, sunset happens before 7pm. :cry::cry::cry::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:

~Not sure how the Chiefs won that game last night

~Charlie Brown was "born" on this day 68 years ago

~Wow I'm tired

~I think one of the dogs might have kennel cough :cry::cry::cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-02 5:49 AM
Have your dogs not been vaccinated for that? When I was considering boarding Meadow for a few days that was a requirement from every place I checked. I had never heard of it before.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-02 5:51 AM
I thought they were....

But Han Solo is coughing his head off. Just started yesterday. And he was boarded Sat night.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-02 6:09 AM
:cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-02 6:52 AM
Poor puppy. Does he have allergies? I give Loki benedryl. But as for the kennel cough possibility, yikes!

Stop it with the Christmas updates!!!! I'm broke!:laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-02 8:14 AM
Sunset before 7??? :shocker!:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-02 8:16 AM
I've noticed the early sunset and I don't like it. I liked going for a walk after dinner but not a fan of doing that in the dark
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-02 5:48 AM
--Got an email notice that the pants I ordered from Title Nine were shipped. :happy: Trying a pair of their cords and a pair of colored jeans. We’ll see.

--Last vegetable lesson today for the 1st and 2nd graders. I’m already on dairy for the Pre-K class because I visit them 2/week. I’m just doing a Muenster cheese sample with them. Smoothies would have been fun but I really don’t have a very good set up in that classroom to take on that.

--Iowa was given two passes to Silver Dollar City from his boss. :shocker!: :cool: Maybe the most recent chain of events made the guy appreciate some things a little more than he had in the past.

--5K Saturday night. :meh: This is the 5th year for this race. I’ve done it every year. I usually win the Master’s category. Doubtful that’ll be happening this year. : pbbt::blush::cry: Sarge ran it with me last year. I think I’ll take him along again.

--Trying to get the medals and trophies ordered for our race. Dealing with a millennial New Yorker dude is proving to be an added challenge. :roll: I don’t need any added challenges these days.

--Race we did over the weekend timed it themselves using an app on their phone that they downloaded. They didn’t do too shabby.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-02 5:53 AM
I have come to realize manually timing the smaller races is actually easier than dealing with all the stuff you need done to chip time it
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-02 5:58 AM
I can see that. I’m sure there is a ton of set up. On this app they just programmed everyone’s name, age and number in before and as they crossed the line entered the number. They had results and age categories minutes after the last person finished.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-02 6:00 AM
very cool. there used to be a couple of free ones. one we used when we hosted a xc meet awhile back used to be free but now you have to pay for a membership to some website in order to use it.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-02 6:11 AM
Hope the weather is decent for your 5k.  This time of year it could be 90 or 50, you just never know.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-02 7:07 AM
We need you to come to our school and office for a lesson in healthy eating.:hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-02 8:17 AM
What is Silver Dollar City?

Better keep up your winning streak on Saturday
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:05 AM
SDC is an amusement park with an 1800’s theme. They have some good rides. The newest rollercoaster has sparked interest worldwide.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-03 5:04 AM
We call it Steal Your Dollar City :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The wife loves it at Christmas time.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-02 6:24 AM
*Joseph got his acceptance letter from St. Francis yesterday.  So far that's the only place he's applied.  They offered him a scholarship with half off tuition right from the start.  There may be more aid coming after the fafsa is in, but it's nice to have something at acceptance. 

*Jonathan was so pumped up when he got home last night.  He had a total of 7 interviews there with various people.  :shocker!:  I could see him really enjoying having a part in building ships.  We will see what happens next, but he felt it went awesomely well.  He said the HR person he met with made a note to help him find housing, so I'd say that does seem pretty promising.  We'll see if an offer comes.  This company seems to have their ducks in line much better than where he's at now. 

*My house smells like dog.  :cry:  It's damp and humid out, that always makes it so much worse.  She does need a bath, but with the weather we are expecting this week, the benefit will probably be short lived.  :sad:  I cannot put into words how much I dislike it when my house smells. 

*Missing my daughter a little extra today.  :hug:  I even got up at midnight to post her birthday wishes.  :hug::hug:

*I bought some new running shoes last night at Dunhams and while I was there found some really cute boots on clearance for $14.97.  :shocker!::shocker!::grin::grin:  Marie got one extra birthday present.  :laugh:  The boots are very similar to a pair I have that she keeps borrowing.  :grin:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-02 8:20 AM
Congrats Joseph!  Do you think he will apply anywhere else?

Glad Jonathan's interview went so well and he's excited. Hope it leads to an offer. How do you feel about him potentially moving away?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-02 9:53 AM
Joseph knows he also wants to apply to PNW.  He's open to looking at other schools, but hasn't shown any initiative in identifying which schools those might be.  : pbbt:

I'm definitely ready for Jonathan to move out.  It's time.  I've been pushing for it for awhile.  He's 24.  That said, I'd feel a lot better if he were moving the same distance south instead of north.  He has a lot of friends in Indy and in Cincinnati and even Chicago. All of his friends and support network, with the exception of his Chicago group, is south.  But he has found 2 groups in Wisconsin that he could look into.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-02 11:07 AM
Your kids are growing up so quickly.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Title Nine Tuesday RTTs