Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Muggy Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-01 5:17 AM
It’s going to be a little sticky in our area this week. I thought summer was over. :meh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-01 5:41 AM
--Iowa has about 120 bales left at the place he’s doing the custom baling. He’ll end up with about 1,000 bales when he’s done. Not bad for a weekend’s worth of work. :cool:

--OMG, I have to start running. A 30 minute 5K? :cry:

--Plan is to run Fargo in May. My friend who went to my 50th state marathon ran Fargo as her first in 2005 and is running it as her 100th in 2019. I feel like I need to be there. :happy:

--Got rid of a whole car load of speakers, a TV, computer monitor and other electronics that were in my mom’s shed. We had her car loaded!

--Ran in to the tongue of the corn wagon when I was getting my lawnmower out. I have a bump on my shin about the size of a golf ball. :cry:

--Finally got some beans canned. Seven quarts. I could do another batch but I think I’m going to make beans for dinner every night for the next 2 weeks instead. : pbbt:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-01 5:50 AM
Suzi got a bunch more tomatoes and beans too.  I think they liked the stretch of cooler weather.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-01 6:42 AM
Did you run a 30 min 5K or you want to run a 30 min 5K?

My shin hurts just reading about that and I didn't even know corn or wagons had tongues : pbbt:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-01 11:46 AM
It took me 30 minutes to finish a 5K race. I should have taken Sarge to drag my fat, out of shape, self along.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-01 6:52 AM
Love your Fargo plan. That sounds like it will be fun:happy:

So sorry about your shin. OMG that hurts just imagining it.:cry::cry:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-01 8:32 AM
Fargo sounds like a great plan.  :grin::cool:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-01 5:49 AM
~ya we are gonna be about 90 on Wed

~Timed an ultra yesterday. 6 hours of basically hill repeats. 1.1 mile course. 1/2 mile straight down over 500 ft elevation loss. 1/2 mile back up over 500 feet elevation gain. Crazy! Top 5 finishers were women. They killed it. Dude ran the 5K on that course (3 loops) in like 21 minutes.

~My track miler from last year ran her first ever XC race this weekend for University of Missouri Kansas City. 6K at Rim Rock in 23:21. Pretty damn good. Her team finished 2nd.

~Our kids ran pretty well Saturday. Half of them ran either a PR or a Season Best time. Men finished 6th out of 11 full teams (17 teams total). Some TOUGH competition turned out. Seemed like all of the teams really liked our meet and our course.

~So sore from timing 2 events this weekend (plus all the extra set-up for our meet we hosted Sat). I can barely walk today :mutmad:

~Sick of being so out of shape but unable to work out to do anything about it :mutmad::mutmad::cry::cry::cry:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-01 5:54 AM
That’s awesome women were the top five. Reminds me of when Leah Torvilson ran the Frisco 50 miler. Closest dude was like a half hour behind. Second place went to a female that year too.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-01 6:43 AM
omg that course sounds awful!!

That's great to hear the course/meet were well received by others.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-01 6:53 AM
Glad your team ran well this weekend.

That ultra sounds insane!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-01 8:34 AM
Great job to the ultra women!  :cool:

Congrats to your graduated miler.  :cool:  And your current team.  :cool::hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-01 6:51 AM
Frustrated.

None of my hard earned plans went well or even worked this weekend.

I'm broke.

Took ripley finally to American Girl store. She spent $300 (half from me, half from her dad). She had a blast. Then we had dinner at the American Girl cafe. Who would have thought but the cafe was great and very reasonably priced! It was fun seeing her so excited and playing with her new doll.

My knee hurts even while sitting here.:cry: Dammit:cry::cry:

So. Much. Work. To. Do.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-01 7:03 AM
sorry to hear about the knee, especially happening on the furthest point from home :cry::cry:

$300 holy crap. I knew that place was expensive but yikes
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-01 7:06 AM
Well, she did get a new doll. That was $115. :laugh: We went through what she wanted to make sure she couldn't buy the same thing at Target with the our generation doll stuff. She what she got was specific to AG and let's be honest, their stuff is amazingly detailed. I have to give them that.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-01 7:16 AM
I got B an Our Generation boy doll (truth be told I wasn't sure if it was a boy or girl at first) - it was on clearance for $3.75 :laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-01 7:32 AM
Good job! Does he like it? Tj loved dolls for quite a while. He still plays with Rip's dolls occasionally.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-01 8:23 AM
Haven't given it to him yet, I just got it because it was super cheap and figure it would be good to have on hand. I think he's played with a baby doll at daycare before although this one is much larger
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-01 8:36 AM
I hope you can get on top of the knee issue.  :hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-01 7:02 AM
Took B to his first baby shower yesterday. He had fun running around the yard with the other kids (2 others his age) and playing with toys inside. The other 2 were girls and were pretty chill and then you had Mr. won't stop talking, crazy about balloons to balance out the quiet ones :laugh:

He was so tired he slept in until 730 this morning which is late for him. Glad I can work from home while he sleeps and just go in later.

Didn't get any workout in since Thursday and it isn't looking good this week.

ILs come into town Wednesday or Thursday (they fly in Wed but might be staying somewhere that night??). Going to be mid 80s which stinks as I'd like to do outside stuff but it will be a bit warm

Found an orange onesie in B's closet so need to turn it into a jack o lantern shirt for the Zoo Halloween event since mid 80s is too hot for a fleece costume

I don't think B has worn a onesie in months but hopefully he will still fit in this one.

JC Penney has an extra 50% off clearance tags in store if you have one nearby and need some stuff.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-01 7:32 AM
Good idea for the halloween outfit! I hope it fits.

Ahhh girl babies vs boy babies......boys - ewww! Rambunctious!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-01 8:24 AM
he was being wild during gift opening and I joked to the honoree that this is what it was like to have a boy so good luck :laugh:  Of course I know girls can be rambunctious and boys can be chill but it was definitely playing into the stereotype yesterday
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-01 8:40 AM
I was pretty happy with cooler.  I'm not thrilled with the return of possibly needing AC.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-01 8:29 AM
*Jonathan has an interview this morning 6 hours north of here.   After 2 phone interviews, the company seems very interested, they put him up overnight and even offered to fly him in.  :grin::cool:  Fingers crossed.

*Marie was home to celebrate her birthday this weekend.   Her birthday isn't until Tuesday but she has clinical all day so I can't even go down to see her on her actual birthday.  It's a surgical clinical though so she's excited and hoping she gets an "interesting" patient.  :laugh:  Her bf is going to take her out to dinner, so she has that to look forward to.  :hug:

*Speaking of the bf, Bill sent him a friend request.  :laugh:  Protective Dad mode is certainly on.  :laugh::hug:

*Why is it I either sleep well or I run well, but never both at the same time.  :wtf:  My running is on fire lately.  And I'm lucky if I'm able to get 4 hours of interrupted sleep.  :meh:  The running well makes me happier than sleep, so I guess I'm on the good end of the spectrum. 

*But all the running has me constantly hungry.  Is it lunch time yet?  :wtf:  No, only 9:30?  Second breakfast, here I come.  :laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-01 9:23 AM
What is Marie studying?

What is Jonathan's job opportunity?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-01 10:43 AM
Marie is in nursing. 

Jonathan is interviewing for an engineering position at an international ship building company.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-01 10:48 AM
I was surprised she would be having clinicals at this point, but time flies!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-01 11:05 AM
She's a junior already.  :shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-01 1:10 PM
:shocker!:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-01 1:19 PM
I know!  I swear I blink and years have passed. :cry:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-02 4:54 AM
The hell??????????????????????  :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-01 1:11 PM
WI or MI?  I thought at one point he was thinking of moving out closer to his current job. Does he not like that job?

Go Bill!! The important thing is did bf accept it
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-01 1:18 PM
Wisconsin, about as close to the UP as you can be and not be in the UP. :laugh:  He likes his current job but he’s a contracted employee and he’s really looking for something with more certainty. I’d hate for him to relocate to current job town and then they not renew his contract or worse still, let him know one day they are out of work for him.  :meh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-02 5:00 AM
that makes sense if it is just a contract job. Upper Wisconsin just sounds cold!!!!!!!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-02 5:02 AM
My thoughts as well. But, they get much less snow. They are at the top of the lake, so don’t get lake effect.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-01 1:20 PM
Oh and yes, he did accept the friend request. :happy:  He seems like a really nice guy.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Muggy Monday RTTs