Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Let's get October started - Monday 10/1
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-10-01 4:23 AM
October is here. Usually, the best month of the year.

What's up?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-10-01 4:28 AM
No running for me, but I'll try to do a core workout. I think my knee will be ok with that since I don't put any weight on my knee. Not sure how the planks will feel.

My knee doesn't feel too bad today but I'll baby it as much as possible.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-10-01 5:46 AM
Good morning Dave.  You are up early.   I thought about running before I go to the animal shelter this morning.  Seemed like a good idea when I went to bed.  This morning had a whole different vibe though.  I'm not a flavored coffee lover but I'm enjoying a big mug of hazelnut and a piece of toast with pumpkin cream cheese.   Welcome October, I love you.

So...Happy Tails, then rescue Misha from her weekend of boarding, and then run.

Oktoberfest update:  It was a blast.  The rain started just as we hit city limits.  There is something magical about 500 people crowded into a beer tent in a downpour; that whole "we're in this together" kind of thing.  I was a little underdressed; no leiderhosen or dirndle, but was thankful for my winter coat and gloves!  Temps were right around 50 degrees.  The beer was as good as expected and coffee at a place called Fat Cat the next morning was even better. :grin:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-01 7:56 AM
Good to hear from you Karen.:wink:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-10-01 9:03 AM
:wink:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-10-01 6:20 AM
13.03 miles this morning. 4 miles w/u. 6x1 mile @HMP of 7:20 with 1/4 mile recovery jog. Splits: 7:42, 7:20, 7:17, 7:15, 7:11,  7:19. Avg of Splits: 7:21. 1.5 mile C/D
Great running weather. So, so far October is a good month.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-01 8:04 AM
When is your marathon?   Can't be too far?
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-10-01 9:16 AM
November 11th - Harrisburg PA
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-01 8:03 AM
Still stuck in the sluggish run mode.   Maybe I used up all my memory and need to get a bigger hard drive.   It was pleasant this morning, but I was surprised by a little humidity.

Life is full here, with Ellen and 2 kids, Shirley care and Lynda's mom in hospital.  Also down one car due to crash last week.   Hoping to go to Wilmington Zoo this afternoon. 

Oh my Eagles.   Had so many chances to win that game but lost in overtime.:cry:

Tom in DE

32 days
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Let's get October started - Monday 10/1