Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Has Arrived
- - By judyruns Date 2018-09-28 5:29 AM
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-09-28 5:30 AM
Fox squirrels are a golden brown/gold color and they are really BIG squirrels, sort of like squirrels on steroids. I have also seen one with an all light beige tail.
We have a few black squirrels around here, but many intermixed with the greys. As a result we have every shade of grey imaginable. The original black ones were a shiny blue-black. We had one with a white tip on it's tail.

Thursday was a fun 50 minute run out the trail. Cooler weather really brought out the deer. As soon as I started running, 4 deer ran across the trail in front of me…a doe and her 3 young ones.
Today will be yoga and meditation classes.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-09-28 9:55 AM
Are other kinds of squirrels nicer than the grey ones?  We have tons of grey squirrels here and they are pests.  They like to dig up plants and gnaw on the house. :roll:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-28 6:10 PM
Squirrels are persistent for sure. At least one comes up and buries nuts in my balcony planter. It scampers up the side of the building bricks.
They can be pests. However, some years ago there was a 7 story pine tree near my balcony. (It has since been removed.) Raccoons were much more of a problem at that time. I can tolerate the squirrels, but they don't eat bricks! :laugh: I'm really sorry if they chew on houses and I certainly don't doubt it at all.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-09-28 9:53 AM
Internet is down, so I'm on my phone.  I ran this morning and it was miserable.  Felt gross and the weather was gross.  I looked at my log, though, and I'm definitely not imagining the unpleasant weather.  Except for a handful of days, overnight lows have been 70° or higher for 4.5 months now. :meh:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-28 6:12 PM
Highly commendable effort running outside for you. At least we are getting some cooler temperatures. 4.5 months is really a bummer!
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Has Arrived