Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wishing it was not Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-26 5:07 AM
Couldn’t it be Friday? : pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-26 5:17 AM
--OK, I guess it could be worse....Monday. :laugh:

--Was writing out bills the other night and ran out of checks (extras were at my office). So, yesterday I drop them in the mail. Along with the gas bill that had the payment coupon stuck in the stamped envelope but not sealed and missing the check. :roll: Good grief. At least I remembered! :roll:

--SW Research center is hosting a DNR grant-funded recycling day Saturday. They’re accepting pretty much any and all electronics and appliances. I’m going over to my mom’s Friday evening to “pack the Prius”. :laugh: There are all kinds of speakers, stereos, etc. in her garage sale pile that will never sell. We just need to get rid of them. I texted Krystal about the opportunity in hopes that maybe she would get the pos W/D at my shop out of there. Not a chance. Her BF wants it. :wtf: It’s junk. Honestly not worth fixing. Take advantage of FREE disposal!

--Afternoon Pre-K class got canceled due to picture day throwing them off. I’m just going to pop in there today in between my 1st and 2nd grade classes and get us back on the schedule.

--First graders loved the mango sample and the 2nd graders really liked the Asian pears. Not one single kid, nor the teacher, had ever tried one before. One little girl came up to me after class to ask where I got it from because she’s going to ask her mom if she’ll buy some. :hug: Maybe, just maybe what I’m doing is having a positive impact.

--Iowa is going to custom bale about 800 small squares for a couple near Verona. He cut and baled it once for them last year when they got in a bind. This will be his second time cutting for them this year. Pretty sure that’s going to be a steady job. :cool: Those jobs are good money too. :happy:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-09-26 5:33 AM
It's hump day

And no rain

Which means

you guessed it

It's a DRY hump day

: pbbt:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-26 6:06 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-26 6:15 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-26 6:00 AM
I love that the little girl wants to have Mom buy the fruit she tried with you.  :hug:

Boyfriend probably wants to get $$ from scrapping the w/d himself.  That's a huge thing here.  We found someone via facebook that came out and picked up our old stove to scrap.  He was here in half an hour with a trailer and a hand cart.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-26 6:12 AM
Would have been nice if he would have scrapped it 6 months ago. Better yet, it would have been nice for the dad not to have unloaded the crap on us in the first place. :mutmad: First of all, it has to be 20-25 years old. Heating element in dryer is out and the setting switch is broken. Washer is so loud when it is in operation you couldn’t run it while you were doing a massage. Junk junk junk.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-26 10:39 AM
old age will do that to ya :laugh:

that's great about the program, sounds like you're having an impact on these kids :cool::cool:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-26 6:24 AM
I basically live for the weekends right now.

Work has been slammed for me lately.:happy::meh: I worked extra last week to make up for my two travel days. Which was great! I unexpectedly worked late last night. I'll be at my seminar #3 tomorrow night. I'll have to cut out hours so I don't go over. So i'm leaving early today at 1:30 to go run 7 miles.:grin:

Decided that I've done the 19+, I've done the half marathon. I'm training for a full. :shocker!: If I were to start now I could marathon Thanksgiving weekend. But that won't happen. I need mucho extra time. So, Louisiana Marathon it is! I haven't paid yet. Probably friday. But it is super flat and driving distance for me. And mom can get her half in a new state. LA Marathon This gives me plenty of extra time to speed up a bit. And get injured and recover as I'm sure I will. :roll: And if I suck I can switch to the half.: pbbt:

Kids have been with Q since Sunday night. They come home tonight. Yay.:roll:: pbbt:

I've slept. A lot. :grin:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-26 6:42 AM
I ran that one!  There was a great food festival at the finish. But my stomach wasn’t up to Cajun food post marathon. :sad:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-26 7:08 AM
When did you run it?

Have you ever done the Deluxe package for a marathon? Is it worth it?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-26 11:21 AM
2014.  I do not remember a duluxe package for the marathon.  :wtf:  Was that the special pre race area?   :wtf:  I'm reasonably sure that would not have been something I would've sprung extra $$ for.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-26 10:43 AM
I was never hungry after a race and always sad to miss out on sometimes good food. Food festival at the finish sounds good
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-27 5:48 AM
Looking at the race and times I'm pretty sure they will be packing up by the time I arrive:shocker!::blush::laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-26 8:02 AM
You’ve been doing awesome on your running/training.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-26 10:22 AM
I'm actually doing a midweek long run.....though I should probably get 7 as a long run out of my vernacular. It is more mid run.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-26 10:22 AM
Thank you! I'm so glad about it, too!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-26 10:42 AM
Nice to be able to make up travel time with work and then also get to leave early! Enjoy the run

Flat and fast sounds like a good race choice
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wishing it was not Wednesday RTTs