Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / First Monday of Fall: 9/24/18
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-24 5:47 AM
who has fall-like weather?   What are your Monday plans?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-24 5:50 AM
We have late summer/early fall temperatures.   They feel great; cool nights and sunny days.

After spending the morning at the animal shelter I hope for some biking and some yoga.   Maybe a pot of chili for supper....

Tom, good luck with the Honda.  Dave, how cold did it get sleeping in the car?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-24 8:47 AM
It was 41 degrees and I was one blanket short. What I didn't account for was the cold coming up from below. An air mattress with a sheet was not enough.  I needed something warm under me.  My fleece blanket could be zippered into a sleeping bag, so I did that and it helped.

At one point I called a couple local hotels to see if they had room but they were booked up.  (Either that or they didn't want some crazy sounding guy showing up at their door at 2:00 AM.)  So I put my coat back on and a second pair of socks and gutted it out for the night. I slept ok but woke up too often to get any good deep sleep. The 8 hour drive home Sunday was tiring, to say the least.

If I go next year, I'm going to book a room at the nearest hotel.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-24 8:52 AM
I am physically tired today. I would take off work but I had something that was needed this morning and then one of life's worst type of person - "project manager" - scheduled a meeting for this afternoon.

I have to be careful because when I am this tired I say & write things I regret later.  I get pretty sarcastic and treat everyone like they are idiots whose sole purpose in life is apparently just to irritate me.  My emails go from passive aggressive to outright hostile. If I didn't have so much knowledge from my 32 years at this company, they would probably tell me to take a hike.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-24 10:08 AM
I think you should be given a job with Buffalo Bisons.  Just your presence in the area got them a BIG W.  Imagine if you showed up in the stadium or on the field?  Can you say Superbowl?
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-09-24 9:35 AM
It's probably more spring-like here today than fall.  It just keeps raining.  I heard it is supposed to rain all day tomorrow too.  Cooler air than last week. 

The past two Saturdays have been cc meets for my 3-6 graders.  Lots of fun.  I have a pretty good 3-4 grade group of girls.  A 3rd grader on my team placed 3rd overall last week in a mile race against 3-6 graders.  She beat all the 6th graders except two.  About 175 runners.  She's probably the fastest 3rd grader I've ever coached. 

I'm still not running regularly.  Some days my left thigh area is sore, other days not so much.  Hopefully I can get out a few times this week and try to run a little.

It looks like indoor cc practice this afternoon.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-24 10:09 AM
Great job coach.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-24 10:36 AM
I saw the national weather map - you guys look soggy.:sad:   Good report on your CC runners.  Good to read that you are running a bit too.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-24 10:23 AM
Not fall like here.  London weather.  Foggy. drizzle, damp 60s.   Did not run today.  I was just sore all over.  Could not "let it go" last night.  Went to funeral for a guy at church who would have been 101 next week.  Up until a few months ago he was still "working" as a gun safety instructor for the state.  He also lived alone until his recent fall. 

D was driving my 93 Honda and rear ended another car as the Honda slid on the rainy highway.  It "only" busted the headlight and small bow on the hood.  Hopefully I can bang it out and get another headlight.  Dealing with insurance.  I do not carry collision insurance on it.  I was supposed to get antique car insurance on it this week.  We will see.

Now to fix the dryer.   Seems like broken stuff is a common Masters theme.

Tom in DE

39 days
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-24 11:24 AM
Our dryer was fixed today, but there is still a leak down our chimney.  Despite the fact that it started right after the new roof was put on, the roofer said it is not a roofing problem.  I don't even know who to call.  I don't have contacts in this area for home repairs.  I am going to ask around the condos and at church.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / First Monday of Fall: 9/24/18