Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Mondailies Are On Duty
- - By judyruns Date 2018-09-24 5:42 AM
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-09-24 5:45 AM
Friday I did a 25 minute TM run between classes.
Saturday was SDO except for 90 minutes walking all over a track up north of here
Sunday Buddy and I did 80 minutes out the trail. I saw 3 deer before we got started running. We're all going to have to be careful of the bucks. It's not the season yet but the cooler weather has brought them out.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-24 3:56 PM
Sounds like a good weekend. :happy:  Do you see a lot of bucks?  We have a lot of deer -- it's not unusual to see 8-10 deer grazing in the back yard -- but I rarely see bucks.  They must be around somewhere, though, because there's an awful lot of does and fawns.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-24 5:46 PM
I think a 90 minute walk does not qualify as an SDO.:laugh:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-24 8:18 PM
:blush:: pbbt::laugh:
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-09-24 8:07 AM
I was up and out the door early again this morning.  I'm taking A to appointments and running a couple of errands for her in between, so we had to leave the house in time to be in town by 9.  The run was ok, but it's definitely going to be a long day.  China sis and her family are coming back from the beach today, so the house will definitely not be quiet anymore by the time I get home.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-09-24 10:05 AM
Glad you got in a good run. You are a very special sis to do all this for your sisters!
How long is China sis going to be at your place?
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-24 3:58 PM
Let's see, they arrived in March, were gone for a few weeks in April, and will be going to CA for a little while around Christmas.  Aside from that, they'll be here until they head back to China in February.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-24 5:46 PM
You must have enjoyed the quietness in your house.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-09-24 9:38 AM
two weeks into a sprained ankle and I can finally log a workout.  20 min in the pool. Pulling only.  Damn that is hard!!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-09-24 10:03 AM
Glad you can at least get started in the pool. Your arms will probably pack quite a punch when this ankle heels! :grin:
How long does a sprained ankle keep going?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-09-24 10:13 AM
I was in a boot for 10 days.  The doctor basically said no kicking when swimming until I get full range of motion back.  I'm still in pain when going down stairs.  Otherwise, I'm good.  Still a bit of swelling too.  I'm going to start some ROM exercises this week, to try to speed that.  My other thigh has also gotten strong, as I use it to stand or sit and to go up stairs without putting strain on my ankle!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-24 12:49 PM
Once I read that exercising the good leg will also help the hurt one. That is supposed to work for arms as well, just not for arm to leg. But who knows? :happy:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-09-24 3:59 PM
I swear sprained ankles are the most annoying injury.  It seems like it ought to be minor but, from a workout perspective, is rather debilitating.  You have my sympathies!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-09-25 1:49 PM
Thanks. It has been surprisingly hard to recover from.  I'm use to twisting an ankle and walking it off in 15 min, not in 15 days.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-09-25 4:04 PM
This probably isn't what you want to hear, but I've had sprains that have hurt for months.  I mean, bad sprains that I continued to walk on, but annoying nonetheless.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-24 5:45 PM
I'm glad you could get back into the pool.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-24 5:44 PM
I ran yesterday and today. Today I was a little stiff, so tomorrow will be a mat workout day. I did a mat workout after my run yesterday. I have a knot in my calf, so I tried stretching it today as much as I could. I need to try to get to bed earlier tonight.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Mondailies Are On Duty