Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Autumn Equinox Weekend Thread
- - By swandive Date 2018-09-22 10:22 AM
Post!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-09-22 10:33 AM
It's the first day of fall!  But it's supposed to be 90*F again today. :mutmad:  According to the forecast this ought to be our last day in the 90s, but we'll see.  It has been a very hot and very dry September.

I crashed a 5k this morning. :evil:  But only half of it. :laugh:  They were doing an out-and-back course and I kept going.  There's a local church that sponsors a 5k once or twice a year, but said church happens to be located near the only water fountain within running distance for me, so I run through that way quite frequently on my long runs.  I knew they were having the race today and didn't make any effort to avoid their route so I ended up crossing the starting line not too long after the race started.  There were lots of people walking, so I ended up passing quite a few people.  I must've look awfully over-prepared and bedraggled for running a 5k. :laugh:  Anyway, I ended up running 13.8 miles in total.  Ok run, though very warm and humid.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-22 2:09 PM
Excellent work on the 13.8 miler!:grin: Ew on the 90° day.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-22 4:43 PM
I am happy it is fall. Hope your weather improves. Nice job on the long run. Do you carry water with you?
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-22 8:35 PM
I do carry fluids, but I'd need a vest rather than a belt (which would be hotter) to carry enough to be out there for 2.5 hours when I sweat so much that my shoes are soaking wet and I have sweat dripping off my eyelashes.  I can do fine with not a whole lot to drink if it ever gets cold, but when it's hot it is useful to be able to stop for a refill.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-22 4:41 PM
I was going to run, but was hungry this morning and just wiped out. I ran two days in a row, so I was ok with a rest day. I pulled out my fall decorations and put away the summer ones. Not sure what I will do tomorrow. I haven't done a mat workout in a while. Sundays I like to relax in the morning. Work kicked my butt this week with all the driving around.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-22 6:10 PM
It suddenly got cooler here and it dawned on me that I had better start integrating my warmer clothing. :laugh:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-22 8:37 PM
Getting a bit of rest on the weekend isn't a bad idea. :hug:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-09-22 9:51 PM
Joyous Mabon!

13 miles this morning. I am trying to get back into long runs on Saturdays, but it's difficult when I have so much to do.

Right now there is a tiny kitten asleep on the socks I took off and there are a couple more somewhere in the kitchen/living room.

Run this morning was up a dirt road with a bunch of houses on it, this is a rural "no streetlights, no paving" area. I saw a big covey of quail and remembered Zipper's comment about how to tell California quail from mountain quail: the California ones have feathers on their heads that curve forward, like a question mark. Mountain have feathers that stand straight up. It's the difference between "Dude?" and "Dude!"
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-23 8:58 AM
Awww about the kittens. I love that about the quail. :grin:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Autumn Equinox Weekend Thread