Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday 9/22
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-22 6:59 AM
Good morning.

How's things?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-22 7:09 AM Edited 2018-09-22 7:18 AM
I ran 6 around the American side of the Falls. 3 laps around Goat Island made up the bulk of the run. I took some detours for pictures.

First lap was dark. Second lap was pre dawn light. Third lap was pretty light. Cloudy and 55°. Much better than being out in the sun yesterday when it was close to 90°. I didn't see anyone else out until my third lap. By then, I was joined by a dozen or so folks including one other runner.

It's going to be flannel shirt and sweatshirt weather at the reunion today. I'll spend a lot of time around a fire.

When I got here yesterday, I decided to go for a walk and I ended up walking over to Canada. I had left my passport in the room because I wasn't planning on going there, but luckily, I had my passport card in my wallet and that was good enough. The wind on the bridge was fierce. I thought my glasses were going to blow off my head. I probably put in 4-5 miles and I was soaked with sweat. I bought some sunscreen in Canada. $22 for a small bottle of it, but that's better than being burnt to a crisp. After looking at the exchange rate, I only paid $16.94 US.

I've got a few hours to do whatever I want until it's time to head to the reunion. I forgot to bring a lawn chair, so I'm going to see if I can find a Buffalo Bills or Sabres chair. That will be my souvenir for this trip.

I'm going to sleep in my Honda Element tonight. The air mattress fits perfectly in the back. It's going to be in the 40s tonight! I hope I brought enough blankets.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-22 7:25 AM
Enjoy all that great weather (and your family). And thank you for wearing sunblock.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-22 11:25 AM
Sounds like a rave run.  I don't want to know the price per gal of your sunscreen.  Will there be stories at the reunion of guys getting drunk at 17 and hitting on a classmate?:shocker!:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-22 7:32 AM
Lee and I attended the visitation for my college friend's dad last night.  I am reminded of the absolute goodness of old friends.  I am sorry she is burying her dad today, but so happy to be with her mom and her brothers and meet all the spouses, nieces, and nephews.  Life is rich because of the friends we make along the way.

I cut yesterday's run short and hope to make it up today.  It is sweatshirt weather for sure and I think it will bring a lot of people outside.  I expect it is diminishing the mosquito population that has held us all inside for the past week. 

Have a great Saturday masters.  I hope you meet an old friend today and get a hug.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-09-22 2:10 PM
Home!  Luggage is unpacked and clothes are in the washer.  Mail has been sorted also.

Good trip.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday 9/22