Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday Hash Tag?
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-21 8:52 AM
Are you all waiting for me?   You know the way. And weekend plans.

QOTD?  Do you Tweet?   OR    What do you like with Corn Beef Hash?
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-21 9:04 AM
Another one of those low energy runs and it is pretty decent running weather and I took my B12.  Maybe some Geritol. The run started promising but faded into a real slog. 

Pulling weeds around the fish pond last night.  Apparently the yellow jackets weren't happy about uprooting their home.  Got a pretty big welt on my back where one got me.  Luckily I had on jeans and not shorts as they were going after me. 

Weekend, lots of Shirley care.  Working with hospice nurses to loosen bowel blockage. 

Hash Tag.  I don't tweet and I really don't need to start more social media.  But I did enjoy some hash for breakfast.  Hormel canned.  Does anybody ever make "home made" hash anymore?   I had a couple over medium eggs with it.  MMMMmmmmmm.

Tom in DE

6 weeks today:shocker!:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-09-21 9:12 AM
Didn't get to run last night. I had to go to Best Buy and get back Katy's laptop that was being repaired. We have definitely gotten our money's worth out of the service paln :roll:

Got company coming in tonight. My sister is in the States from China, so she and her son and her son's family are coming to visit for the weekend. With two little munchkins, it should be a blast.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-21 10:17 AM
Sounds like a fun weekend!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-21 9:44 AM
2 dailys today but more posts on this one.....    You guys like keeping me on my toes.

Hash - I don't tweet but I make a pretty good hash with chorizo, sweet potatoes, and some cabbage for crunch.  and then a fried egg on top.    yum.

Temps have dropped 30 degrees from yesterday so I'm going for a run.  Also mowed the yard which I let go 4 days too long.  I knew this good weather was coming though so that's my excuse for my yard looking like heck.

Have a good Friday everyone!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-21 10:24 AM
The hash sounds great!! So does the drop in temps!

My lawn needs to be mowed so badly. The people we rent from provided us with a very old lawnmower to use when we moved here and Ray has kept it running off and on. It finally died completely. He said he's not putting any more money into the thing. Our wonderful neighbor has been mowing for us this summer. I didn't feel too bad about him doing it because Ray did his a lot the 2 years prior since he was out of town a lot, and we also helped with their garden when they were traveling. Now HIS mover has died and he isn't getting it repaired until next year. I was planning to get someone to do ours this weekend but then there was the emergency trip to Boston for Ray, so no money for the lawn until next weekend. I will just keep my head down when I see any of our neighbors until then! Another reason I'm ready for summer to end!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-21 10:16 AM
Good afternoon, Y'all!

I do Tweet occasionally, but not often.

I went out for 1.5 miles this morning. I did manage to throw in a bit of very slow running. And I do mean slow! It wasn't quite as hot out as it has been, but the humidity is still high.

Fun fact?? Actually, not really a "fun" fact......Two years ago today I was at my PCP office trying to convince the PA that had just examined me that there WAS a huge mass in my breast and that I did indeed need a referral for a diagnostic mammogram. She actually rolled her eyes at me, laughed and said there was absolutely nothing there, but she would give me the referral anyway just to make me feel better??!! Just a reminder folks-BE YOUR OWN HEALTH ADVOCATE.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-21 7:39 PM
That is quite a story about your PA.  Thanks for sharing.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-21 2:56 PM
Drive to Niagara Falls went good. Walked over to Canada and back. Hot as blazes.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-21 2:58 PM
Good news, Dave! I can't believe it's still so hot there! I've never been to Niagara Falls, but I always think of it being cool there!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday Hash Tag?