Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Talented Thursday
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-20 6:32 AM
Happy Meatloaf Thursday Masters.  Put 'em up to see.  

QOTD:  Did you watch America Got Talent?   What would Master's Got Talent look like.  What would YOU do?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-20 6:41 AM
No run this morning.  Mixing up 30 lbs of meatloaf Hope Dining Room shortly.   Big work out and beat up at chiro yesterday. Ouch, ooooo.    2 Aleve this morning.

Lynda watches Amerca's Got Talent and I will occasionally drop in.   I liked the guy Aaron who never spoke but was amazing shooting arrows, and doing other illusions.

Master's Got Talent?   Gonna be hard to compete with Mark.  He'll write some amazing song.   I might perform on the kettle grills.

Tom in DE

43 days
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-20 9:31 AM
Wow, Tom-30 lbs is a lot of meatloaf! That sounds really good and I hate to miss meatloaf day, but it will just be me and Conor for dinner tonight and he doesn't like meatloaf:sad:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-20 7:12 AM
Funny. I made a shopping list and decided to get stuff to make meatloaf tonight. I didn't even know it was meatloaf Thursday.

I ran 4 at the park this morning.  Another warm, humid run, but it looks like there is a cool down coming in a couple days.  But first 2 more days at 90 degrees.

I haven't been watching America's Got Talent. My only talent is being unseen while in a group. No one remembers me being there.  Not sure how to demonstrate that in a talent show.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-20 9:00 AM
I thought you were a trombone guy.  But you could wow the crowd with a disappearing act.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-20 9:07 AM
Haven't played the trombone in 30+ years except for a brief period about 5 years ago when I thought I would pick it back up and bought a trombone from eBay.

I could barely remember how to read music and I couldn't hit one note in tune, so I gave my trombone to the church rummage sale.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-20 8:49 AM
HI Tom, everyone.   I didn't watch but if we're going with musical talent for the Master's Got Talent I'll chime in on my clarinet. :laugh::shocker!::shocker!:

Meatloaf sounds wonderful, but is going to have to wait one more day.  We're supposed to hit 100 with the heat index today but then a glorious cold front comes through and summer temps are done.  Notice I didn't say summer is done.  We're going in to that wonderful time of year of lows in the 40's and highs in the 70's.  I hope it lasts until Christmas.  Anyway...I can't turn the oven on for one more day.

Despite my run being unusually slow yesterday I'm still coasting along on some of the endorphins.  Looking forward to October running like I always do. Yoga today (predictable, right?)
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-20 9:05 AM
You still trying to live without the AC on? If so, crank the AC down low and then bake some meatloaf today.  You don't want to miss out.  It tastes better on Meatloaf Day.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-20 9:48 AM
I shut off the A/C in August just on principle.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-20 10:20 AM
Good grief-how do you LIVE without A/C when it's that hot????
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-20 10:32 AM
It gets down in the 60's at night.  I open all the windows when I go to bed and close up everything in the morning.  The indoor temp stays in the 70's.  I'll turn the a/c on if it hits 80 in the house though.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-20 10:34 AM
But the humidity! It makes no sense to live like that!  :laugh:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-20 9:18 AM
Good Morning.

QOTD: I haven't watched AGT this season at all. As for MY talent.....I can't think of anything. Unless it's my ability to lay awake all night worrying, and panicking over life and then getting out of bed and convincing everyone in my family that everything is going to be just fine! Oh, wait....I did play the accordion when I was 11. I wanted to play because my older cousin was beginning lessons and I wanted to do everything she did! She played for years, I lasted almost 6 months!

Ray is at the Atlanta airport waiting for his flight to Boston. I'm trying to get some house cleaning done, but it's tough on 2 hours sleep, so I'm actually leaning toward a short nap. Maybe after that, I can function a bit better. Right now my attention span is...........What was I saying???:roll:

I'm hoping to get in some type of exercise later today. Maybe some yoga?? Maybe a walk??

Y'all have a great day!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-20 9:48 AM
That settles it, we're having a musical group for our talent show.:cool:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-20 10:00 AM
Well just so you know, I didn't make it to the lessons where we were to learn to play some "cool stuff" like my cousin promised!! I was horrified with the songs we were learning to play!! NOT COOL!! I was like 11 going on 21 at the time!! LOL!!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-20 10:19 AM
Ok, so maybe 11 WANTING to be 21! Also around that time I was convinced I would move to NYC after school and become a go-go dancer.....like my friend's older sister!! LOL! She was SOOO cool then, but now she's just a tired old lady like me, only she does have some fun stories to tell!!!:wink::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-20 10:29 AM
:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Talented Thursday