Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wonderful Wednesday
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-19 6:39 AM
Happy Hump Day.  :grin:  Put your doings up to help us over the hump.

What little or big thing is wonderful right now?
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-19 6:55 AM
Sunshine:cool::cool::cool:  Real, wake up to the sunshine and clear skies.  Not quite that refreshing cool breeze but I'll take it.  Run was okay but still not what I had hoped for.  I think I drag the chains of life too much on my runs.  My old chiropractor was as much a coach as a chiro.  He would be adjusting my stiff body and say "let it go, let it go". He would then remind me to do the same on workouts.  Let it go, That's been a major problem in my life. 

A small wonder.  I'm sitting on my front porch now.  I often put cat treats out on the porch pavement (open porch not enclosed).  There were some leftover treats.  A slug has crawled and is now at the buffet bar.    BTW...Delaware is referred to as the Small Wonder.   

Tom in Small Wonder

44 days
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-19 7:05 AM
Our AC is working.
Parts have been ordered to fix the dryer.
Hoping that the roofer shows up today. He is scheduled to arrive around 10:00.

This morning, I went to the gym to push the weights around. I also ran a mile on the treadmill to warm-up.

Work tried to push me over the edge yesterday but I survived. Some very weird and obscure questions came to me yesterday. I had to take a few deep breaths, remind myself that there is always an answer, and start peeling away the layers until it is found. 

I recently finished my second read through Jonathan Edwards' "A Dissertation Concerning the End for Which God Created the World."  (I love book titles from the old days.) I can't explain why, but reading that seems to have rewired my brain so that I don't have so much anxiety when work piles up, or the roof starts leaking.  The effect may only be temporary though because I got behind an very annoying driver and it was really ticking me off.  My calmness and patience disappeared in a matter of seconds.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-09-19 7:08 AM
Questions you didn't know you needed to ask - https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/09/180912133507.htm

Got busy yesterday and didn't get a run in. Oh, well.

I've had to press pause on the bass playing for the moment. I did something to my wrist while vacuuming(!). Hopefully it won't hinder anything on Sunday.

I think we get a laundry visit from the collegian this evening.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-19 7:11 AM
I like it.  And now I will be focused on the sound of my own footsteps on my run.:grin:   Have a good evening with Rebecca!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-09-19 7:20 AM
Gotta watch those vacuum injuries
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-19 11:00 AM
Yea, it really sucks.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-19 7:08 AM
What is wonderful right now?  Hot coffee, good friends, a tired Husky at my feet, and a full dispenser of dog poop bags at the park!

Locking said tired Husky in doggy prison in a bit and heading out for 6 miles.  Strategically planning a low mosquito route in my head.   Obviously the trails are out, the river front is out, a trip around the pond is out.   Most likely running down the middle of way too many roads smelling like Off.  I did poop patrol in the backyard earlier and there are literally hundreds of mosquitos hovering right at ground level.  Almost can't see the grass for the bugs. :cry:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-09-19 9:26 AM
how was the run. Did you get bit? By mosquitoes or Diego?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-19 9:49 AM
No bites.  No Diego either.  Too much traffic but not a lot of people.  Mine was a de-progression run of sorts.  I was losing 15 seconds a mile and that shouldn't happen when you start out slow to begin with!  The last 2 were within a second of each other so I guess I eventually figured it out.  Jeesh.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-09-19 10:32 AM
I am glad Diego and the Mosquitoes (band name?) behaved.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-09-19 7:20 AM
Nice weather here. Sunny and mid-60's when I ran this morning.
13.53 miles. 1 mile easy. 11 mile progression run. 1st 9 miles: 9:00 to 7:40, 10 second cutdown per mile. last 2 miles 7:20 and 7:00 (20 second cutdown). 1.5 mile cooldown.

Hump Day is also Date Night (maybe some code in there). Heading out to dinner tonight. Have an Outback Steakhouse gift card so that is probably where we will end up.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-19 9:19 AM
ouch on that progression run.  Was the 20 second cutdown intended or did you just get in the groove?
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-09-19 9:22 AM
yeah that run was an ouch. hurt a decent about. the 20 seconds on the last 2 is part of the plan. I should note that all the miles were on pace or a bit faster except for that last one. The 7:00 was actually 7:07. That was as fast as I could make my stubby little legs go.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-19 1:03 PM
That run was wonderful.   Hope date night is wonderful.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-09-19 1:04 PM
maybe date night will wear me out as much as the run :laugh:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-19 3:29 PM
Progressive date.   Things move faster as the date progresses.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-09-19 7:24 AM
Happy Hump Day!!!

What is wonderful right now? Still on my Yosemite buzz, lost 6 pounds hiking 50 miles in 5 days. :laugh::laugh::laugh: reading an wonderful book I picked there, and had a wonderful run this morning. What's not to love there? Well I am heading to the ortho guy in an hour, but....details later. It seems my knee is on good behavior when I see him. :roll:

Ran almost 5 miles this morning. Ran a loop that went by the commuter train station. Sheesh those people need more coffee or something. Obbblivious!!! I would say 'on your right' so they would step right in front of me. One woman was walking all over the sidewalk, so I said "behind you" because I did not know which way to go. Sheesh pick a side. She jumped like she couldn't believe anyone was around. :shocker!:  I figured out why there are so many cyclist on my running route...they are riding to the station. Why I've never put those together is beyond me. :laugh::laugh:

Off to eat some oatmeal and gas up the chariot. Have a wonderful day masters.

Missed you all.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-19 9:20 AM
welcome back.  Glad Yosemite was good for you.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-09-19 12:12 PM
I was thinking of you. one day we were exploring a park outside Y and this family of cats were there. Very hungry and skin and bones. I was in tears, so Chris bought some cat food and we fed them. I know it's not much, but at least they had one good meal. If I lived there I would have snatched them up and took them to a shelter (there were 6). It was so sad. :sad::sad::sad:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-19 1:39 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-19 1:05 PM
Yosemite...fond memories of too short of a time there 30+ years ago.   Welcome back.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-09-19 1:41 PM
Indeed. A week is not enough. So many trails, so little time. It is breathtaking everywhere!!!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-09-19 3:22 PM
In the Smokies!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-19 4:03 PM
Yay!!!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wonderful Wednesday