Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies Are Foggy
- - By judyruns Date 2018-09-18 5:50 AM
Thick fog. It's flowing around. Weird! :shocker!:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-09-18 5:51 AM
Monday I prepared for a run after the routine blood test. I even packed my breakfast in a little lunch bag for after the test. After eating, I was off and saw my favorite great blue heron over by the ponds. Chipmunks have been darting all over the path, getting ready for winter.  I found my running buddy and she and I shared the last part of my 65 minute run. We had a good time. It was just starting to spit rain a little at the end but it cooled us off nicely.
Today I plan a nice trail run. It's supposed to clear up a little later this morning.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-18 6:48 AM
Sounds like a lovely run!
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-18 8:25 AM
I actually enjoy a light rain during a run (as long as it's not say 40 degrees or cooler out.)  Glad you found running buddy.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-09-18 1:36 PM
yesterday sounds really nice. Chipmunks preparing for winter sounds cute, although it feels like winter is far, far away here!
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-18 4:29 PM
You always see wildlife!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-09-18 6:47 AM
I ran a sluggish 5.1 miles this morning.  It's warm and humid, as always, and I have a cold so I feel gross.  I worked in the yard all day yesterday.  Today I need to run errands then maybe work outside some more.
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-18 8:29 AM
Having a cold and being outside in the heat is just so very disgusting.  I used to enjoy yard work but less of a fan of it here.  We have way too many fire ants.  Are they up there or just a joy down here?  We treat them, a pest company does, and our lawn company does as well yet still they find their way back in our yard.  So folks post around here and claim this and that works.  Our neighbor who spares no expense to have an immaculate yard tells me there is just no way we can fully get rid of them.  We do back up to a lot of acreage so I guess it makes sense that they'll constantly move into our yard and I'm not going to treat all of those woods!!!!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-09-18 1:35 PM
ugh, sounds nasty. Maybe you can rest a bit today? or at least go to bed early?
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-18 4:30 PM
I wish you could rest.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-18 5:42 PM
Great work on the 5.1 miler, especially with the lousy cold and the humidity.
When I was a kid we always said a "summer cold" was especially awful.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-18 8:30 AM
Same run but much faster - like over a minute/mile faster.  Was 84 degrees today so cooler than yesterday but still way too warm for me to enjoy running in it.  Hoping I can try a bit longer on thursday...
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-09-18 1:31 PM
ugh, 84 is still hothothot. I hope you have slightly cooler temps on Thursday, although I know that's a lot to ask for in Fla.
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-19 7:37 AM
Not likely as it's been a very hot week :cry:.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-18 4:31 PM
That's hot. I would wilt down there. Your ants sound like a nightmare.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-18 5:37 PM
84 should not qualify as "cooler." :cry:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-18 5:44 PM
Great work on the run, especially with 84 degrees. :happy:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-09-18 11:11 AM
Knee surgery was yesterday. Awake today and slightly mobile. Everything went well.  :happy:T-Bone is taking great care of me, and so are the cats. Snuggle city.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-09-18 1:34 PM
speedy recovery! glad you've got a good care squad :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-18 5:38 PM
I'm glad to hear the surgery went well and that you're getting good care. :hug:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-18 5:45 PM
:hug: Good to hear that the surgery is over, you are better and under great care.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-18 7:20 PM
Hoping your recovery goes smoothly.
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-19 7:38 AM
Glad surgery went well and you have T-Bone to take care of you!  I sent you a PM.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-09-18 1:34 PM
about to head out for today's walk. Will hit some hills in said walk. No running intervals today, I don't think, because I felt really dizzy and lightheaded all morning (hence postponing walk until now). Aiming to walk about 4 miles. Tonight I'm going out to dinner with 7 of my friends to celebrate baby #2 - as in, celebrate the fact that I won't be able to leave the house without a baby strapped to me for a long, long time in a few weeks. Ha. But we are going to this awesome new Lebanese restaurant in the city that has been getting rave reviews, so I'm excited about that. also excited because I'm going to have a glass of wine. Haha.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-18 4:31 PM
Enjoy your dinner!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-09-18 5:39 PM
...As if you are leaving the house without a baby strapped to you now. :laugh:  Though I guess at least they're a bit quieter before they're born. : pbbt:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-18 5:46 PM
Well, it did feel that way to me. :laugh:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-09-19 3:59 AM
:laugh: much quieter now, yes.
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-19 7:38 AM
Hope you had a nice dinner.  Best ot not push things if you're feeling dizzy.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-18 4:28 PM
I can't get it together in he morning to post. I ran yesterday and today with a walk break in the middle. Slow going, but I'll get there. My knee is better, but my other leg has some tightness. I think the knee thing was just some kink. It is nice to be back to running and I've been off my meds for 6 weeks now! Bonus is that I lost about 10 pounds. Hoping to keep it off. Nothicing else going on. I have to be more consistent with the mat workouts. I get in two a week, but I'd like to do push-ups more often. I am seeing progress though.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-18 5:41 PM
Running two days in a row is nothing fancy, but it's still running.  I'm glad to hear that your legs aren't rebelling too much.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-18 5:48 PM
Great news that you are making a lot of progress!:hug: Really great news about being off the meds. :hug:
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-19 7:39 AM
Great news about being off the meds and losing weight.  Great job on teh run too.  I think having a walk break actually will help to prevent any injury while you're coming back to running more often.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies Are Foggy