Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday 17-Sep
- - By markhh [us] Date 2018-09-17 6:43 AM
Happy Monday.

The ultimate in small batch craft beer.

What else is going on in your world?
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-09-17 6:50 AM
Took a relaxed run/walk around the grounds of the park while Katy was having her riding lesson.

No pain in the hamstring this morning - well, nothing more than the normal "you're an old man" creaks. So, another runnish thing this evening.

Also - I started a software development blog. So if you are into that kind of thing, go look. Actually, visit even if you are NOT into that kind of thing. Gotta inflate those traffic stats.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-17 9:45 AM
I looked, but couldn't get past the first sentence.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-09-17 10:09 AM
When you first start out, it can be discouraging. The trick is to take it slow, build up your stamina. Before you know it, you'll be reading whole paragraphs at one time!

Some people benefit from my book "Couch to Nerd in 8 weeks" - available at fine book sellers everywhere.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-17 10:43 AM
You talked me into it, I'll give it another go.:shocker!:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-17 11:27 AM
Sometimes even those "runnish things" can be a blessing! So happy to hear there was no hamstring pain. You will be back to your normal running routine before you know it.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-17 12:52 PM
BTW-I did take a look at your blog. I'm sure it's great for someone who speaks that language!!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-17 2:44 PM
I've been a programmer for 37 years and I am not sure I understand your blog. As long as the medical & dental claims get paid promptly and accurately I don't need any new fangled stuff.  Just the old COBOL & RPG is all I need.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-09-17 6:08 PM
Computers running COBOL will be around until the heat death of the universe. That will be the second compiler ported to quantum computers.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-09-17 7:27 AM
13.01 miles this morning. 4 miles easy. 3x2 miles at HMP of 7:20 with 1/2 mile recovery jogs. 2 miles cool down.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-09-17 7:32 AM
7:20 = I guess that must stand for Holey-moley! pace.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-09-17 7:45 AM
Well 7:20 sounded pretty good. until i realized the new marathon world record is 4:38 pace :laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-17 9:45 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-17 7:36 AM
Rest day for me. It was going to be a gym day but I'm tired from waking up in the middle of the night (see next paragraph.)

Last night was our first rain with our new roof.  Water came down the chimney and into our living room. We used towels to contain the water so no inside damage done. We'll need to get that looked at. I hope that was the only problem and there aren't invisible ones yet to discover.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-09-17 7:56 AM
Oh! You want the roof to keep the water out? That costs extra.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-17 9:45 AM
ugh.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-17 11:32 AM
That stinks, but glad nothing was damaged inside your house. Right now I'm happy we don't have a chimney, because I would be waiting for a squirrel to drop down.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-17 8:29 AM
Run did not meet expectations.  I tried some new inserts.  They were fine but the stamina really sucked.  Too much sitting on my butt this weekend.  20+ hours of Shirley care.    That and Eagles and Phillies losing.

Some homeless work today and lunch w old army buddies. 

Old craft beer?  I looked at that and wondered if they invented football to go with that?

Tom in DE

46 days and behind schedule
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-17 9:54 AM
Yes, what happened to the Eagles?
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-09-17 9:36 AM
I got out and tried to run this morning after, I think, 7 weeks of no running.  2 sluggish, slow miles with some walking mixed in.  I did some jogging Saturday at a cc meet as I scurried around the course cheering on my runners.  I don't know if I'm healed completely from this stress fracture, but I was told to not run for 6 weeks.

CC is going well.  My boy's elementary team earned 2nd overall on Saturday morning out of 13 teams.  I have a few kids that have the ability to run well.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-17 9:53 AM
Welcome back Mike.  It must feel great to run again, even if it is a slow start.  You will be back at it in no time.   I saw some happy CC kids in a Facebook post of yours.   I'm glad the season is going well.  Another 6 weeks or so of CC season?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-17 9:50 AM
The usual crew at the animal shelter today.  We got done early so we headed back into town to our favorite coffee shop and boosted the local economy a little bit.  Usually we just drink Folgers at the shelter.   It actually works very well to go to a real coffee shop because the aroma of fresh brewed coffee pretty much negates the aroma of fresh scooped litter boxes.

I've got yoga on my plan again today.  Yesterday was to be run first, yoga later but the yoga part didn't happen.  And so I didn't sleep well because my back and knees are tight and darn it, my feet hurt too.

Hazy, hot, and humid.  Summer's last gasp complete with mosquitoes.  swarms and swarms.  I have to walk the dog down the middle of the street because the skeeters are so thick in the yards.:sad:

The kitchen floor needs a good scrub, my muscles need a good stretch, and I need to think up a supper that includes hamburger because that is just about all that is left in the freezer....
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-17 12:02 PM
Sounds like y'all have the same weather that we have:sad: I am SOOO done with summer!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-17 12:41 PM
I'm not ready for it to be over, I just want the bugs to leave so I can be outside.

Hugs to Alex, you know I know how you feel.:hug::hug:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-17 12:47 PM
Maybe if you lived in Georgia you would be ready for it to be over??!! LOL!!

Thank you for the hugs....I do know.:hug::hug:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-17 12:38 PM
Coffee shop aroma.:grin::grin::grin:  NO FEET HURT.  You are not allowed.  :mutmad::mutmad:   I already claimed that ailment.  :laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-17 12:40 PM
everything I read (thank you Dr. Google) indicates arthritis.  What's a girl to do?:shocker!:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-17 5:29 PM
Arther Itas....I saw him on Dr. Phil.   Been accused of being a general pain.  Caution do not apply Icy Hot on the feet prior to running.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-17 6:30 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-17 11:25 AM
My world??? Squirrels in my attic, daughter in Boston going through major depression and can't find a mental health care provider that can see her before March, car insurance company has decided to almost triple our monthly insurance premiums because we have a youthful driver, and yet said driver has been driving with same insurance since December without a ticket or accident (other than the one where the lady rear ended him and he was not at fault so that's not an issue) and our premiums were ALREADY raised for kid driver....Now, aren't you sorry you asked???:roll: Anyway, I'm now waiting for our insurance guy to call me back with some good news (hopefully) on the car premium thing, so MAYBE I will have something good to report on that front later! Please pray for me that I don't freakin' cry while talking to the agent......I already cried on the phone with the woman in his office. I was mortified!

No run or walk, even though I had planned to be out there early. I was on the phone for hours with Alex instead. Hopefully, I will get out there this evening.....MUCH NEEDED! Also, prayers for Alex much appreciated. It breaks my heart that I can't fix "life" for her.

Oh, and if anyone would like to come and hunt squirrels at my house, you are more than welcome!
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-09-17 11:41 AM
Nope, not sorry at all - that I asked. I AM sorry the life is treating roughly at the moment.My sister's daughter has been battling depression too. So, I've seen what it can do. Hopefully she can find the strength to make it through until she can get some help.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-17 12:04 PM
Thank you. I will keep your niece in my prayers. It's tough.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-17 12:48 PM
You have been through way too much, Pam.  Squirrels in the attic is much more than anyone should endure.  Perhaps Dawn could send a few cats to vacation in your attic. 

Just read an article in todays paper that the squirrel population in New England has exploded and squirrels are ravaging farm fields and apple orchards.

Seriously, prayers for all taht you are dealing with.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-09-17 12:56 PM
Thank you, Tom. We all have a lot on our plates, it seems. But yeah, that squirrel thing is like the icing on the cake here today:mutmad: Ray mentioned the article you are referring to. Maybe the squirrels we are dealing with are bothering us because they heard I'm a New England Patriots fan??!!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-17 2:41 PM

>Maybe the squirrels we are dealing with are bothering us because they heard I'm a New England Patriots fan??!!<

That is a good a reason as any.
- - By rungear [us] Date 2018-09-17 6:49 AM
Happy Monday Mark.

I like London Mrar4than winning time, way to go speedster.

I am planning 4ish mile pw this afternoon with a buddy

Ditto Mark  with - Have a food week masters,
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-09-17 8:02 AM
Hi Jim. Have a good week.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday 17-Sep