Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday Has Rolled In
- - By judyruns Date 2018-09-17 5:00 AM
We're ready for the week. Maybe. :laugh:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-09-17 5:05 AM
Friday was a 65 minute run out the trail. I did a 40 minute walk after that and did stretches.
Saturday was SDO.
Sunday Buddy is not back from trip yet so I did 30 minutes cardio dvd at home combined with some domestic XT. :laugh:
Today is an early morning blood test, then a run in the park. I’m off!
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-17 6:01 AM
One of the perks of being retired must be taking an Saturday SDO. Saturday is my only day to get much mileage in.

I hope you and Sunday buddy get some miles in before it gets cold.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-17 7:09 AM
Enjoy your run in the park. :cool:  I wonder what kind of interesting wildlife you will see today.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-09-17 10:59 AM
Friday's workout sounds lovely. Enjoy the run today!
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-17 12:08 PM
I miss trail runs.  I have some right out my back door but I miss the hilly ones!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-09-17 12:59 PM
The trail has asphalt but is still very much a trail. There are houses in places but not very close. It's very woodsy. :happy:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-17 4:16 PM
Sounds lovely.  I have no trails of any variety anywhere close.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-17 6:00 AM
I'm hoping to go to weights tonight. I really have to figure out a plan for weights. I've been unable to make it to my class several Mondays in a row. A few people have told me to find an early morning one, but barring a personal trainer which is expensive I don't have that option without changing gyms. Next week, I could go back to doing it on my own on Monday or Tues  mornings or hopefully things will settle down at work and I can go on Monday nights again.

My race was awesome, my ballon ride was fun and my trip was great.

I made it under 2 hours (1:58:10)and won my AG at the race. I'm not sure if they even have AG awards, but if so hopefully it can be mailed to me. I was pleased with the result because I learned once the race started that downhill does not mean "easy". There were some uphill segments but mostly the altitude and the increase in temperature (it was in the 70s at the base) as you descended made it challenging.  Felt terrible for a few hours after but then bounced back to enjoy shopping and a good dinner later.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-17 7:12 AM
I do find it easier to work out first thing in the morning rather than trying to make time for it later in the day, but if your gym doesn't offer morning weights classes it kind of limits your options.  Is Monday evening the only time they offer weights in the evenings, or is there a chance to go to a class later in the week if you miss Monday?

I'm glad you had an enjoyable trip!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-09-17 9:54 AM
Congrats on the AG win! Sounds like you had a great time with the balloon ride. :grin:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-17 10:56 AM
Not really scary at all and so cool.:cool:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-09-17 10:58 AM
great job on the AG win!! Make sure you get some good recovery time in! Racing in warm conditions always kicks my butt.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-17 7:35 PM
Thank you. I am trying to re commit to weight training. Trying to balance the impulse to jump back into it with the need to make sure my body recovers.
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-17 12:08 PM
Congrats on your AG win!  Sounds like a really nice weekend overall.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-09-17 7:15 AM
SDO for me, which is just fine as far as I'm concerned because I've been feeling crappy.  I definitely have a cold, so my sinuses feel full of gunk even though I'm taking a decongestant.  Such is life with small children...

I need to mow today, but I'm waiting for the grass to dry a bit as it's rather wet out there.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-17 7:54 AM
Definitely a bonus if you can use the time off to recover from a cold as well as running at the same time.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-17 9:56 AM
Sorry about the cold. Yes, about children. They are little germ machines.
Hope you feel a lot better soon. :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-09-17 10:58 AM
oh yeah, life with small children indeed. Love those disease vectors. Feel better soon :hug: I'm sure the weather down there is still lovely and summery :mutmad:, so that probably isn't helping how you feel.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-17 12:09 PM
Yes, small children enjoy sharing germs.  Glad you can take today off other than mowing.   Do you at least get to use a riding mower?
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-17 4:19 PM
I ended up working outside most of the day between mowing and other projects.  I was using a walk-behind mower and waited until it was midday and sunny to mow because I needed to wait for the grass to dry.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-09-17 10:55 AM
hi women! Just dropping in to say hello, and because I finally got in something that felt like a workout this morning :wink: I've been walking some, but got SO lazy as I was studying for my comps in mid-August and then after, because it was nasty hot. Good news - I passed my comps (yay!) and I have been getting in some more walking. Today, I walked 2.5 miles with some hills, and did a few (maybe 6?) 1-2 min slow running intervals, just to get the heart rate up a bit (and to see if I could, haha). Also did some squats and a 1-minute plank. I'm 36w4d :shocker!:, so I'm also in the "if I get moving, maybe baby will start moving too" mindset. Not that I have any desire for her to come early, but I certainly am done with being pregnant. I'm freaking out about how little time left I have with my only child :sad:, but I'm also feeling the need to just get there so I can stop being anxious about how I'm ruining her life. :laugh: Had a midwife appt today and there is some progress (1-2 cm dilated, 60% effaced), but I also know I could hold on for 3 more weeks. We'll see...

I can't wait to get back to running, but I promise to be patient. Lack of patience last time really messed me up.
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-17 12:12 PM
Congrats on passing!!!!  I know it will be an adjustment from P being an only child but it can also be so wonderful giving her a sibling.  It is great for me to see my two boys so close and it's the best thing ever to hear siblings tell each other they love them.  They have their moments for sure but I'm really happy they have each other.  Even DD1 & DD2 are pretty close for their age difference.  I'm close to my sister and am happy my children will have family other than just the parents.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-17 4:22 PM
Congrats on passing your comps!

Best of luck with the next few weeks of being pregnant / OMG how do I now have two children?
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-18 4:37 PM
Congratulations on passing!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-18 5:48 PM
Great news about the passing of the comps! :grin:
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-17 12:16 PM
Did my same run + walk afterwards.  It was way hotter though and 88 degrees at the start.  I really, really did not feel like doing it but did and was much slower than all 3 times last week.  I'm just trying to get a good schedule going again.  DH & I are currently in the just want to not get so out of shape it takes years to get back into shape mode.  I might still try a half this winter but without any overly ambitious goals.  DH is still gone and I've been running around like mad.  I'm planning to run tomorrow and thurs.  My only options this week are really M, T, W, or R and I want 3 runs in!  DH will get home right about the boys' bedtime on Sun.  Also hoping to add a little time onto one of the runs but I'm sort of crunched for time.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-17 4:23 PM
OMG, that sounds miserable. :cry:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday Has Rolled In