Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / World Record Sunday Thread
- - By swandive Date 2018-09-16 9:16 AM
Congratulations to Eliud Kipchoge!  If you haven't heard, he ran the Berlin Marathon in 2:01:39, breaking the world record by a minute and 18 seconds.  That's a 4:38 pace. :shocker!:

What's up with you?
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-16 9:55 AM
My long run certainly wasn't breaking any records.  I ran just shy of 14 miles, but it took me longer than it took Kipchoge to run a full marathon. :laugh:  We're getting hurricane weather, which here amounts to lightly misting rain and an occasional breeze.  It's warm and humid, but the cloud cover means that at least the sun wasn't set to broil.  It never really rained hard while I was running, but it was a wet run.

Eldest sis and her DH just left to head back home.  Charleston seemed to miss the worst of the storm, so they both have to be back at work tomorrow.

In other news, I seem to be coming down with a cold. :mutmad:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-09-16 10:02 AM
so so cool! I read the story this morning on my phone, said to DH, "well, that's the only important news I need to read today," and shut off my phone. Ha.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-16 12:52 PM
Good strategy!  It's unlikely that you would find any more good news if you kept reading.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-09-16 4:08 PM
Got in the lake today. I sprained my ankle on Rosh Hashanah so have been in a boot since.  MCF wanted to try out his kayak with someone with the same kayak, so he could better learn to inflate it.  So they guys kayaked and the women swam. I used a pull buoy so I didn't kick, and it was HARD.  The waves were high and really fun.  More like ocean waves than lake waves. And with no kick, it was hard, but really fun!!!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-16 6:33 PM
Sorry about the sprained ankle! How long do you have to be in boot? :sad:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-16 7:29 PM
Sorry about the ankle. :sad:  I'm glad you're able to still swim, even if the lack of kicking makes it tougher than usual.

I've done a bit of kayaking, but have never tried an inflatable kayak.
Up Topic Communities / Women / World Record Sunday Thread