Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Full Friday Daily
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-14 6:50 AM
Post whatever you got.    What's on tap today and the weekend?  Roofers, broken ACs, long runs, football, celebrations???? 

Remember our friends in the Carolinas and Florence.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-14 8:06 AM
The roof should be finished today.  The AC is still working!

Ran 9.3 this morning. Second longest run of the year. Felt like a full marathon.  Only 7 weeks until the Marshall Half, so I have to get off my butt and try to get my body to be ready for 13.1.

Father-in-law's birthday tomorrow, or at least we are celebrating it tomorrow.  My loose plans to attend the Huntington Chili Fest have been changed to taking him out to lunch at Cheddar's in Ashland, KY.  That is fine with me.  I would just eat too much at the chili thing anyway and walking around in 85 degree sunshine eating spicy chili doesn't sound all that great.

My stupid computer mouse was acting up today. Had an annoying lag. In the past when this happened I would just restart my computer and all would be fine, but that didn't work. After watching a handful of Youtube videos and searching the web for a fix, I finally got it working.  Turned out to be related to an audio driver file.  Computers sure are a pain in the rear.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-14 8:12 AM
Heck of a run.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-14 8:48 AM
Good run Dave.   My computer acted up all morning too.  Windows updated and shut down my anti virus.   :roll:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-14 9:09 AM
My Windows updated today too which I assume is what caused my problems.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-14 8:10 AM
A not so good run.   Really weak low energy run.  It is still very humid and cloudy.  No sunshine for 8 days now.

Yesterday was way too full.  Clothing Bank, homeless stuff, elder care plans.  One of my good homeless friends has been in the hospital 2 weeks.  Acute respiratory failure.  He needs to be off the streets.   Not an easy problem.  He was working before getting sick.  

Lunch w/ old science teacher buddies today,army buddies Monday.  Retirement is all about lunch. 

No big plans this weekend.  Shirley care both days. 

Tom in DE

49 days.....  There will be a countdown reveal party.   Not now however.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-14 8:49 AM
Retirement is all about lunch.    and coffee.:grin:

Sending you some sunshine Tom, you sure could use it.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-09-14 1:09 PM
Oh my gosh! What can it be? Tell me and I promise my lips are sealed!   Give us hints?  A move? Travel? Lotto winner? Nosy Marilyn wants to know.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-14 8:54 AM Edited 2018-09-14 8:56 AM
4 done.   Must've been the Rob 4 miler because it was 4.1   The first 2 miles were good but overall it was a pretty tough run.   Might have been because I ran one of my normal routes in reverse and it just threw off my head.

Lee is working a half day today (WooHOO)  So when he gets home he can dog sit and I plan to go to an estate sale in the neighborhood and then possibly test drive a VW Tiguan.  There's a used one up the road a bit and I like the looks.  I'm not usually an SUV fan but as my life has changed to be all about the dog, it could work out really well for her to have the back half.  (Deb, we'd still have the Jeep so don't hate me:laugh:)

Fiesta weekend starts tonight.  Big parade, wonderful food, mariachi bands and a whole lot of soccer.  It's a good weekend to live here.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-14 12:08 PM
Side note - didn't buy anything at the estate sale but the owner, now in her 80's ran Boston a couple times.  She still has her race shoes and the gear she bought at the expo.  Way cool.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Full Friday Daily