Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Friday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-14 5:57 AM
Not too creative this morning. :meh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-14 6:11 AM
--Glad yesterday is over. I’ve done the Field Day. Going to make sure I already have something on my schedule for next year before I get asked to do that again. High school kids have no interest in what we have to say. They’re only stopping by because they’re made to do so by their teacher. Luckily it wasn’t any warmer than it was but by the time we broke down it was nasty. Was all sweaty. Then, two other nutrition educators worked it with me. One is great. The other is pathetic. She shows up 45 minutes late, then at our busiest time she wanders off with some 4-H guy for another 45 minutes or so, then she brought work with her to do. When it comes time to break down the tent, table, display, etc. she was nowhere to be found. Never mind she contributed nothing to the preparation for this or brought one single thing other than a chair to sit her fat ass in. :mutmad: Sorry, not interested in the likes of her.

--Aurora group of kids were the worst by far. Someone just needs to smack them. And people wonder why that town is going down the toilet and people like me are moving away. :roll:

--Need to go in to my massage office this morning and pick up a bunch of shampoo, lotion, makeup, etc. I ordered from the beauty supply lady.

--Going to a fundraiser tonight that the Amish are hosting. They’re serving “haystacks” and homemade pies and ice cream. A haystack is the English version of a taco salad. : pbbt:

--I’m thinking about feeding my 1st and 2nd graders my purple beans and peppers from the garden for their vegetable lesson. :grin:

--Looking forward to an adult class I start teaching on Monday. I’m hoping I can get something arranged with the agency where I can just have that class on rotation all of the time. That would be a great deal for everyone.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-14 6:57 AM
I didn't realize it was for HS kids, definitely a less receptive audience. They probably just want to be out of school

I think there is a dessert called haystacks which is where my mind went. Taco salad haystacks sound good too
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-14 7:07 AM
This event was open to the public too but where we were set up not too many people ventured to. It was a bit unorganized. I’ve been a bit unimpressed with a lot of the Extension staff.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-14 6:55 AM
Slept like a log again last night. I've taken some tylenol PM the last 2 nights because of my allergies/cold/whatever and it has worked. Other sleeping products don't seem to work for me -- I swear unisom keeps me up. Used to take melatonin but I don't want to get back to taking something all the time.

I do feel like I get the groggy feeling the next morning if I take Tylenol PM or PM cold meds but I'll take the good sleep when I need those products.

B was a cranky butt this morning when M got him up. Then he saw me and was crying for mommy until I went in there. I'll take my baby snuggles :hug:

A cupcake truck will be at work today (along with other food trucks) and we get a voucher for a free cupcake from one of our vendors. Sweet! I like their cupcakes but don't like the price. I feel like I should probably get one for M too though unless I eat it at work. Maybe I can snag a 2nd free voucher since it is usually dead in here on Fridays.

ILs are coming to town in early Oct I think. Originally it was either late Oct or early Nov but now it has changed to early Oct. I think they're only here for 5 days and they want to go stay in a cabin (????) the first night so really I feel like we'll only see them about 3.5 days. In some ways good because I feel like we can never think of stuff to do every day they are here but on the other hand would be good for them to see their grandkid longer. Although it isn't like they really play with him that much or give us a break

Good luck on your race Shannon!!!
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Friday RTTs