Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Another Tragic Thursday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-13 5:46 AM
:cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-13 5:55 AM
--A guy hit a school bus head on and was pronounced dead at the scene. Eight kids on the bus and driver were okay. I knew the guy, his wife and his parents. Great people. Kelly was always so good natured and funny. Never knew a stranger. He was only 47. :sad:

--Field Day today. They’re expecting 1500 FFA kids plus some adults. I’m going to be outside all day.

--Iowa’s company had a fire at the plant yesterday where they grind the miscanthus. All the safety measures kicked in and did what they were supposed to do. No one was hurt but it did do significant damage to the equipment/mill. Going to be down about 3 months. They’re going to have to outsourced the grinding in the meantime which means Iowa is probably going to have to do a little trucking.

--My observation went well. My supervisor was so complimentary. Told me I had good classroom management skills and was very positive with the kids and attentive to validate all of their answers. :happy: She liked the popcorn activity. While the popcorn was heating up and getting ready to pop I had the kids pretend they were popcorn kernels and hop. As the popcorn started to pop we would jump higher and higher. Kids had fun and I met the physical activity objective of the lesson. :grin:

--I really have a good job. So lucky.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-13 6:21 AM
How terrible about the guy who died:cry: Wonder if he was having an event which caused the accident. What a young age.:sad:

Field day! YAY!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-13 6:51 AM
The roads where the accident happened are very narrow and curvy. I haven’t heard any specific details.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-13 6:55 AM
Your job sounds like a lot of fun and such a good fit

No more tragedies :cry:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-13 7:58 AM
I hope Gregg and Suzi are getting some rest.......

Ready to get OUT of TOWN for my race! Or just out of town in general. :grin:

Ripley's knee still hurts. Not sure if I should let her play Saturday. She says she can, but then she is limping off and on. We'll see how she does at keeper training tonight.

Another work seminar tonight.:cool: 2nd of 4. Downtown Atlanta.:roll:

At least the weather here is nice!

Redesigning the website at work. Jill of All Trades

Mom rescued a dog last night that was on the highway. Probably hit. The dog is stable. Who knows whose it is. I'm glad someone stopped for it. A-holes.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-13 9:38 AM
I would think skipping keeper training is probably the best plan to see how it heals - can't imagine it will get better if it gets used more tonight.

Are they going to try to keep the dog or just keep it until they can maybe find owners?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-13 9:50 AM
I either have a cold or allergies. Not sure which. I thought allergies but now I'm leaning toward the cold.

My motivation has been shot at work. I have a pile of stuff to go through and I can't make myself start. It is the only big project I need to get done right now.

Slept like a log last night which was awesome. If only it included a few more hours though.

When B came home from daycare he saw the broom in the laundry room and kept saying "seep" "seep". So I got it down and let him seep the floors. Funny how stuff like that entertains kids.

And perhaps a sign the TV is on too much, the news was on via antennae when he came home. After he "seeped" and ate he sat with me on the couch and M was turning it over to the streaming TV to turn on Disney and when the screen switched to the Home screen to then get to streaming he goes "Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!". Cracked us up that he knew that meant he was about to get to watch his stuff :blush::laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Another Tragic Thursday RTTs