Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Fog
- - By judyruns Date 2018-09-13 5:32 AM
Really foggy out there! Whiteout!
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-09-13 5:33 AM Edited 2018-09-13 5:37 AM
Wednesday was going to be a light, short, easy run. Cool temps have really increased my endurance so I went out for 60 minutes running including trying the Evil Hill. Up is not a problem, it’s the down that can get dicey. The knee was ok with it so I’ll include it in my long runs. After stretches I walked 25 minutes in the park.
Our mushrooms are huge in the park. Some look like they are puffballs.
Today I’m off to an early trail run again. The fog is thick and spooky!  Ahhhh, the coolness!
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Note: This is weird. The fog is evolving into rain.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-13 6:07 AM
Don't get lost in the fog.Running would be so dull without hills!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-09-13 9:30 AM
Good to see ya! :grin:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-13 10:43 AM
Thanks! Work has been getting in the way.:roll:
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-13 10:56 AM
Jealous of the fog.  Not the rain though : pbbt:.  Glad that your endurance is up!!!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-14 6:21 AM
Thanks about the endurance. Geeze, I was starting to think I was getting old. :laugh:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-13 6:06 AM Edited 2018-09-13 6:08 AM
I am getting ready to leave today for my trip to Albuquerque. I will be running the Sandia Crest 1/2 Marathon. It is a downhill run that boasts some outstanding views of the city below. I'm kind of hoping to pr in spite of last weekends lackluster performance, but I'm really just excited to spend time bonding with friends and experience that spectacular view. Did I mention I'm really excited?:laugh:

I'm also planning to take a hot air ballon ride. Something that's expensive and a little scary but I will regret it if I don't so I'm going give it a try. :blush:

Hoping to get a 4.5-5 mile run today so I can practice using this Garmin.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-13 7:20 AM
Hey, I haven't seen you in a while.  Good luck!

Enjoy the hot air balloon ride!  I know someone who was a hot air balloon pilot, so I got to take a ride with him once and it was pretty cool.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-13 9:31 AM
Hope you have a great trip, race and balloon ride. :grin:
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-13 10:58 AM
Good luck!  Was this a goal race (whether geographical or time goal)?  How'd you pick Albuquerque?

Go for the hot air balloon ride.  I'm terrified of heights and still went sky diving.  Can't say I'd ever want to skydive again but hey I gave it a shot.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-13 11:19 AM
It became a goal race because, I wouldn't go that far normally (I"m in the midwest) and not give it 100%.  I've been training although it's been tough due to lots of work distractions. :roll: Some friends were tagged in a post. I inquired and was told, "I didn't tag you because you always say no". :roll:So...of course I decided to go. :laugh:

:laugh: on the skydiving. THAT'S scary.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-09-13 11:03 AM
A puny 2.5 or so miles from me.  I was very busy during the summer and running got the heave ho.  So it's back to running.  I started a few weeks ago (hint after kids back in school and some medical stuff calmed down) and then came down with strep throat and a double ear infection, and sinus infection.  That was very nasty as I had a fever that was still a fever while taking ibuprofen.  I did eventually see a doctor and get antibiotics.  It still took awhile to kick with meds even.  Today the run felt pretty good but since I had a two month lay off I didn't want to push too much or just suddenly try to run 5 miles.  I'm hoping to make it consistent and still run the half marathon early december but that might get pushed to the feb half that's here.  It was 82 out when I ran but was not as bad as some other days.  I also took  a mile walk immediately after running.  My DH has been running a bit more than me but we're hoping to get a few runs together.  Still same old situation of I can't run until I drop the youngest at preschool so it will always be warm out at that point.  He can only run w/ me when he doesn't have a work meeting conflict.  He's also gone for two straight weeks on a business trip as well right now.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-13 12:41 PM
Good to hear from you!  I'm sorry about the health woes, but I'm glad you are on the mend.  :cry: on the heat.  It has to get at least a little cooler eventually, right?
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Fog