Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / WAKE UP! Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-12 5:41 AM
:grin:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-12 5:46 AM
--Practiced making “Vegetable Cakes” in the skillet they bought for me before trying them out today on my seniors. They were pretty easy to make, nice presentation and tasty. Iowa really like him and he’s almost a senior :laugh: so hopefully they’ll be a hit. : pbbt:

--I’m all over the place today and being observed and getting ready for tomorrow’s big Field Day at the Research Center and doing massage.......

--Some neighbors down the road want Iowa to cut and bale their field/yard for them. They’re desperate for hay for their cows. One of which is lying dead along the fence line probably due to starvation. Some people don’t need to be farmers. :roll: I don’t know if he’s going to do it or not. Our stuff comes first, that’s for sure.

--Okay, that’s all I have, I have to get going.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-09-12 6:03 AM
apparently I'm not as old as I thought because Vegetable Cakes sound nasty

Carrot Cake is the only vegetable cake I like haha
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-12 6:23 AM
Now I'm curious, what's in the veggie cakes?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-12 6:02 PM
http://foodhero.org/recipes/garden-vegetable-cakes

I used sweet potato for the vegetable in mine and then topped them with a slice of tomato fresh from the garden. Very tasty. Kind of like a quiche without the crust. The seniors LOVED them! I even had the kitchen staff coming out to get a sample and a copy of the recipe. :happy:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-12 8:40 PM
Those do look good!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-12 12:08 PM
Tell me about these vegetable cakes - most importantly do they still taste like vegetables

They need hay for their cows....and they have hay in their field.........but they don't know how to cut it/bale it??
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-12 6:04 PM
They have no means to cut and bale their hay. :roll: If they knew anything about farming they would rotational graze their cows and not be in this predicament.

Maybe even you would have eaten the vegetable cakes. :wink:: pbbt:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-12 6:29 AM
Wake up is right! I slept 6-9pm and 11 to 7:10 this morning:blush::cool::cool::cool:

I love Tuesdays. Q is around and I get to do what I want. Which was sleep. :laugh:

So much to do before leaving town Friday morning. :shocker!:

Academy Sports doesn't carry gels. Very annoyed last night when I found that out. I should have stopped at REI.:mutmad:

I love Wednesdays because I can actually plan the weekend when I finally get the soccer schedule for Ripley. This weekend I've got three people getting the kids to and from games while my mom and I are out of town. : pbbt:

Worried about my dad. He is having VietNam flashbacks for the first time since returning. He is getting no sleep and is withdrawing a little. Trying to get him to get help is like talking to a brick wall.:cry:

Ripley made chorus. Now she has asked me to join the Reading Bowl. Seriously. :roll:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-12 6:44 AM
That sleep sounds heavenly.  Glad you were able to really get some rest.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-12 6:51 AM
OMG It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-12 12:09 PM
that sleep sounds awesome

sorry to hear about your dad, wonder what is triggering them after all this time
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-12 6:05 PM
Academy is more geared for fashion and the wanna be athlete. I’ve never been too impressed.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-12 6:37 AM
*My Mom has gone rogue.  Since my Dad sprained his ankle, she's decided or been forced into being a lot more active than she was previously.  She's having to care for him.  He can't put weight on the ankle.  He's using her walker and she's free styling more than using the cane.  :shocker!:   She told me this morning that she drove herself to therapy (and forgot to bring her cane) yesterday.  I offered to take her, she told me Dad was taking her and just waiting in the car.  :mutmad: Man, I hope she doesn't fall.

*Joseph asked me last night if I thought grandma and grandpa would ever get back to where they were before, health wise.  I told him I thought grandma would, but unfortunately I didn't think grandpa would.  That was a very hard conversation to have.  :sad:

*I finally slept last night.  After 4 nights of not sleeping much at all, it was sorely needed.  I feel human again.  Yesterday was so rough.  I felt so horrible.  Stomach off, headache, well, like you feel when you pull an all nighter, like crap.  : pbbt:

*I walked Ellie yesterday morning.  The farm down the street got a new dog.  :meh:   It came into the road to see us.  :roll:  It has to be a puppy.  All paws and energy.  It followed us and jumped all over me for almost a quarter mile while Ellie was in avoidance stance the whole way.  I was so worried Ellie would go after it, especially when it started jumpng on me.  She's been pretty protective of me in the past, but she was very good.  Finally a kid came up in a car to come get it.  There goes yet another walking route.  :meh:

*There is a gnat in my house.  I can't seem to kill it and it keeps coming around my face. :mutmad::mutmad:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-12 6:52 AM
Sounds like your mom won't have a problem recovering. If she doesn't do too much:hug:

I'm glad you got some rest, too:hug::hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-12 12:10 PM
I think I missed about your dad's ankle. Too much going on in one household for them :sad:

Sorry to hear about that conversation, especially since he is noticing.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-12 6:05 PM
How old are your parents?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-12 8:41 PM
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / WAKE UP! Wednesday RTTs