Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Trying to run Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-11 6:05 AM
: pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-11 6:12 AM
--Actually ran this morning. :shocker!:

--Not going in to work until 9 a.m. because I’m working at the pantry this weekend so need to cut a few days this week short. I think I might like this idea.

--I am going to be observed teaching my 1st and 2nd graders on Wednesday. It’ll be good to get some constructive feedback. I’m glad it’s my kids and not my seniors. Kids are easier and the curriculum is better.

--Going to make Vegetable Cakes with my seniors on Wednesday. Going to use one of my sweet potatoes from the garden since part of the objectives of the lesson are increasing vegetables and buying and using what is in season.

--Thumb is getting bad again. It’s not locking but it is clicking and it hurts. I strained it badly during a massage last week and I knew the minute I did it that it wasn’t going to be good. :meh:

--Iowa is going to start cutting hay today and hopefully be done baling it all by the weekend so he can combing the one field of corn we have.

--I hate Pinterest. I don’t get it. More stupid shit than good ideas and then they spam the hell out of you even when you repeatedly click on “unsubscribe”.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-11 7:06 AM
Yay for running!:cool:

Good luck with your observation.:hug: You will do great!

Is it coming on overtime in addition to the strain or due only to the strain last week?

I don't really understand pinterest. Though I started doing it to follow my nutritionist and her recipes. But I haven't done it in weeks.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-11 7:17 AM
The thumb is probably due to a couple of things: 1) the cortisone injection is wearing off 2) straining it the other day and 3) general overuse. :meh: And, do I dare put #4 in there? Age. :cry:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-11 7:32 AM
Cutting days short sounds pretty good

I wish I could get out for a run on these nice cool mornings. Hope it was nice
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-09-11 4:33 PM
Weird, I'm on Pinterest all the time and never get spammed. :wtf:  I've found tons of great recipes, and my daughter got lots of great dorm decorating ideas from there. 

Don't call me a Pinterest Mom, though.  There is a definite line, and I have not crossed it!  :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-11 7:15 AM
had my biometric screening at work today. I think I am tied with my all time highest weight, which I hit right before I started running and lost a bunch.

I celebrated that fantastic news with an iced coffee and a (small) cookie :cry::cry:

My appointment was scheduled for 8:24am (they do them every 12 min) and a coworker was getting his done. Apparently his appointment was at 10am but he didn't want to wait that long since it is a fasting test so he came in right before my scheduled time and got in. So I had to sit an extra 10 min waiting and now every appointment is backed up as a result. Things like that drive me crazy.

Need to find my work motivation. I keep putting off non emergency things but now they are piling up

B was so needy this morning, he's still sick and just woke up grumpy. He just wanted to sit and have me hold him in his room :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-11 7:22 AM
People like that are banned in my perfect world. Ugh. How arrogant.

Baby snuggles:hug::hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-11 7:24 AM
I’d be aggravated with the guy showing up early too. I can’t believe they worked him in. :wtf:

We have a wellness program at work. I started this job too late to be eligible for it this year but I can start the first of the year. You earn points for doing different things then you get rewarded (cash) in October. It’s not a lot but it amounts to $450. One of the things you can do is a weight loss program. It’s based on BMI, which I’m not the biggest proponent of, but it’ll suffice in this case. I say I’m going to take advantage of this and drop a few pounds. Money generally motivates me so we’ll see. Hopefully this is all I need. :roll:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-11 7:34 AM
I was kind of surprised they let him in too as it couldn't have been more than about 2 min before my scheduled time and I arrived 1 min early.

we earn money too from the biometric screening. The bulk being from either BMI or waist measurement. I never get BMI but used to be able to get it for the waist but not anymore :cry:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-11 10:50 AM
That would make me mad as heck about the coworker.  :mutmad:

You have season tickets for the zoo, right?  Marie's bf works there and left a ticket for her on Sunday.  She had the best zoo visit ever, in the rain.  :shocker!:  Her bf said the animals are very active on rainy days.  I would've never thought to go then, so I thought I'd pass that little tip on.  She kept sending me snap videos, it was great.  Even the lions and cheetahs were active, and they are almost always just lying around.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-11 11:53 AM
We do have the membership. It is funny you said that because I wondered how many people go in the rain, at least Sunday was lighter rain. That's cool she got to have a good visit especially with active animals, we just see them sleeping all the time.  I've also heard it is good to go right before it closes because many are more active at the end of the day/night
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-09-11 4:35 PM
I'm at my all-time highest weight also.  I never even thought this weight was possible.  I get weighed at the Dr. tomorrow, and I think I'll keep my eyes closed for it. :cry:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-12 7:48 AM
:cry:  I didn't even look at the scale but I saw it written on my take home sheet. I promptly threw it in the shredder :blush:
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-09-13 6:21 AM
True to my word I didn’t look at all:blush:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-11 7:28 AM
Wearing my heels again today. I'm just going to try to get used to how loud they are the solid wood floors. It makes me so self-conscious. But I'm so happy to have an option!

Just got new black skinny leg pants. OMG they are so comfy. And I love having other pant options to wear to work. Plus they look even better with my heels since they are made for pants. Now I need some boots for the fall. Christmas list, I guess.:cool:

Got the kids school photos. They don't have any issues with confidence. That is for sure. Tj's is so adorable but he looks like he is going to take over the world. :laugh:  Rip's is ok. I hate the background but she loves it. I'm not letting her pick again and I'm not paying to change it. :roll:

Going to bed at 9pm tonight.

I haven't watched TV in over a week.:shocker!:

SEriously need to refill all my prescriptions. And my riteaid closed down. :mutmad:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-11 7:35 AM
Pretty much all I wear are skinny leg pants anymore. They are usually so much more comfortable than standard dress pants or jeans

No TV in a week. I need that
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-11 8:27 AM
At least.

It makes me consider just canceling it all. But then I'd miss soccer games!:cry: And seriously, the tv isn't what is expensive. it is the damned internet to get the tv that costs the most.:roll::roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-11 10:26 AM
do you just do streaming TV?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-11 11:21 AM
yes
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-09-11 4:36 PM
Yes, please fill your rx's.  There aren't many Rite Aids here anymore.  I usually use Walgreens, but I love that Publix has free antibiotics!  Even for the dog!  :grin:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-12 7:53 AM
our Meijer has free antibiotics which is awesome
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Trying to run Tuesday RTTs