Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Nine-Eleven
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-11 6:03 AM
Never forget.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-11 6:07 AM
Remember the parents who lost children, the children who never knew a parent, and all who lost a loved one. Let time never lessen the impact of this day; may we never forget.

(loosely copied from the St Jude Shrine FB page)

Even though today starts on a somber note, please post the good things in your life today.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-09-11 6:25 AM
Friends on this forum!  Will never forget their kind words and prayers.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-09-11 7:47 AM
Hard to believe it's been 17 years.

Dawn 10k (6.23 miles) this morning.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-09-11 8:58 AM
I attended Patriot Day Ceremony in Newark this morning.  Most poignant were remarks from an Air Force Chaplain.  He was the chaplain in the Dover Air Force Base mortuary where all of the remains from Flight 77 and the Pentagon were brought.  He had a pair of boys red sneakers, like were in the mortuary from one of the 11 year old boys on Flight 77.   Over all a very nice way to commemorate the day.

I am still working with the city trying to get the name of a sailor from Newark killed at the Pentagon, added to the war memorial.  They argue that 9/11 was not a war.  I say that's like saying Pearl Harbor was not a war.  

I overslept (stayed up way too late on youtube) and did not run.   Not sure if a run will fit today.  But will continue with strength exercises.

Tom in DE

52 days
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-09-11 11:20 AM
It is hard to believe that it's been 17 years since the attack.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-09-11 12:04 PM
9/11, I was there for a NY Marathon after 9/11 and after the Marathon, touring the mess (with limits of accessibility) it was oh so sad seeing the wall with names and pics of so many that went down.

While my wife and I are in NY in October, the 911 memorial site is on our list of doings!

Have a good week all!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-11 6:38 PM
Took my running stuff tho the office. Ran 4 after work along the Kanawha River.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Nine-Eleven