Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Mondailies Rainy and Cold
- - By judyruns Date 2018-09-10 6:12 AM
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-09-10 6:16 AM
Sunday Buddy and I met but decided to go for coffee at McD’s since it was pouring rain and not about to stop doing so. After he left, I went down to the park, ran out the trail and around the park. I got in a good 60 minutes running and the much cooler temperature and wind made it much easier to run. What a big change from the heat runs! My waterproof jacket kept me dry. After that, an errand and home.
Today it is still rainy and cold but I plan to go out and run however I can to avoid the standing water in the park. Work has been done there to try and keep the river from flooding at that spot. It was high water yesterday. Grocery after. I'll take dry shoes and socks. I'll need them.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-10 6:47 AM
I'm glad you are getting some cooler weather!
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-10 2:46 PM
I am enjoying the cooler weather too. Hope you didn't get drenched.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-09-10 6:46 AM
We did get a bit of rain yesterday afternoon and are supposed to get more this week, but definitely not cold.  Low 70, high 90 every single day.

Saturday: ran 12.5 or so.  I don't remember much about the run except that it was very warm and humid.  It was my shortest long run in a while, so at least I wasn't miserable for quite as long. :laugh:

Sunday: SDO.  I mowed and worked in the yard.

Monday: I slept terribly.  I woke up in the middle of the night and never really got back to sleep well.  I felt a bit feverish -- hot then cold -- and eventually it turned into GI discomfort. :meh:  Needless to say, this morning's run wasn't the best.  It was a bleary eyed 5 miles through Struggletown.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-10 11:13 AM
Great work on the running miles.
I've always wondered it some of these symptoms might come about from our fighting off germs that don't  get a chance to fully attack us. Also, DS and I react strongly in the summer to changes of the chemicals in the water. GI gets cranky easily then.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-10 2:44 PM
:sad:I hope you are feeling better.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-09-10 2:44 PM
My knee was good for a day.:mutmad::mutmad: I'm mad at it. I ran through the pain on Friday and took a rest day Saturday. I rode my bike yesterday in the light rain and did a mat workout this morning. I think it is time to move the bike inside during the week because it is dark. I was so happy to run, and not sure why my knee acted up again. I was fine going to bed and then woke up with it hurting. I am trying to wear sneakers more to see if it helps and stretching my hamstring. I had a light work day today and enjoyed it. Tomorrow I have the morning off. My schedule is a little lighter than last year, for now, but I am very pleased that two days a week I will be home by 4:30. I still need a few more students.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-11 6:27 AM
Sorry about the knee.:hug: By the way, my knee is definitely like that. When I start running it really hurts for about 20 steps...then it acts as if it never happened. The stretches for the quads and the exercise of pressing a ball between my knees really helped. Now I just need to remember to do it. Yeesh! The stretches do help the muscles or whatever to get longer and more flexible.
You did excellent work on your workouts! It sounds like a good thing to bring the bike inside. It's so easy to hit something and stumble even while walking in the dark, and how much more so on a bike. :shocker!:
Hope you get more students. :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-11 7:18 AM
Sorry about the knee troubles. :sad:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Mondailies Rainy and Cold