Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-10 5:16 AM
:meh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-09-10 5:30 AM
~Police chase ended in a crash at the end of our street about 3am. Still closed 3.5 hours later. Also saw officers searching along the road and in yards on that same street so I assume they were looking for something thrown out the window during the chase

~Meth lab explosion about 8pm last night maybe 5 or 6 blocks away

~ran exactly ONCE in the last week :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:

~My son got married Friday night.

~I am so dang tired. Timed a small 5K Saturday morning but it was about a half hour away so required a fairly early wake up call

~Finally some pretty nice weather this week. Sunshine and highs in the upper 70s and lower 80s.

~Had to order more race bibs. We have gone through over 1000 already this year and we have some big XC races coming out. Ours is now up to 17 teams.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-10 5:31 AM
I saw that Matthan got married. You didn’t officiate?

I’m running about once a week now too. :blush::cry:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-09-10 5:39 AM
Nope. I was only supposed to be a one and done for my daughter.

He didn't ask and I didn't offer. But the drunk guy who did it for them was pathetic
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-10 5:40 AM
:sad:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-10 5:42 AM
The nervous, sober guy did a great job at my wedding. : pbbt::wink:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-09-10 5:43 AM
But that guy needed a shave
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-10 5:40 AM
Congratulations to your son and his new wife.  :hug:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-09-10 5:43 AM
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-10 7:38 AM
Congratulations on the new family!

Looks like your meet is going to be great!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-10 1:26 PM
yikes too much commotion

I saw Suzi's post about him getting married. Hope it was a nice time
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-10 5:30 AM
--Today is going to be a totally wasted day. Supposed to have had  a “Face to Face” In-service but that got canceled so we’re stuck in our offices all day. There are a couple of on line training things that are due and we’re supposed to complete those but I bet that takes an hour of my eight hours. We can’t teach on in-service days so that negates that idea. :roll:

--I think I’m going to go to the food pantry on Saturday. By the time I prep, drive there and back and be there for 3 hours I can get 4.5 hours in. I’ll take that time off during the week sometime. Better than sitting in the office that amount of time.

--I’m working the annual “Field Day” at the SW Research Center on Thursday. It’s anticipated we’ll have 1500 FFA students and a couple hundred adults. Going to be a busy day.

--One of the guys that owns a lot (6.71 acres) in our sub division put it on the market this weekend. I looked the listing up on line. I hope the hell he gets what he’s asking for it because it will make our place worth more than double what it is. WTH? His is one of the crappiest lots out here. Not a good building site at all. I don’t know if it’s him or the agent smoking dope. :laugh:

--Speaking of smoking dope that makes me think of Elon Musk. :laugh: Anyway, my sister is supposed to be getting her Tesla this week. :cool:

--Sarge was up all night. :roll: It rained yesterday so he slept all day. Crazy dog.

--I think we’re going to bite the bullet and get started on the house this coming spring/summer. Kind of makes me nervous.

--Went to the service for Carla’s mom Saturday. It was nice. She and her sister spoke. Afterwards, they loaded the casket in their van and drove her to Arizona to be buried. I didn’t realize you could transport a body yourself. Her mom loved road trips. Nothing like one last trip with the family. : pbbt:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-10 5:42 AM
I would've never known you could transport a casket like that either.  :shocker!:  I do love the idea of one last road trip.  :happy:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-09-10 5:43 AM
They drove the body themselves?? :shocker!:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-10 5:54 AM
Yep. I didn’t ask questions but I Googled it later and evidently you can do that yourselves with the appropriate permits, etc. Never knew.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-10 1:29 PM
Will you still get 8 hours in for the day even though you can't do the other stuff? I mean it isn't your fault it was cancelled

Did you finalize your house plans? Or at least the main structure/layout
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-10 2:56 PM
Yes, I’m getting my time in. I found stuff to do. Kind of at a standstill on some lesson plan writing though because of all the changes to the nutrition facts labels. :roll:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-10 5:50 AM
*This was the last not busy weekend for a couple months.  : pbbt:  Marching band competitions starts next weekend, along with a college football game.  We'll go from nothing to divide and conquer the state.  :laugh:

*Bill did a Dragon Boat event on Saturday.  That was fun to watch.  His work (UPS) sponsored a team.  They had won the previous 3 years, but not this year.  It's a very cool event.  It was nice to see so many people out enjoying the lake and beach area. 

*I haven't slept well in 4 days now.  Like awake nearly all night.  No clue.  Just not sleeping.  I'm not feeling oh my god tired, but I miss sleeping for sure.  : pbbt:  And it makes for a very long night just laying there not sleeping.  :roll:

*Since I was awake at 4 anyway, I already had the dog out for a walk.  Had to break out the reflective vest for the first time in forever.

*My Dad helped my Mom with her exercises once this weekend so I could have the middle of the day off.  It did not go well.  They argued even telling me about it.  :cry:   It is not a hard thing to do at all.  But my Dad apparently "did it all wrong".  :meh:  I really want this recovery to be complete.  I'm over the three times a day thing. 

*I'm thisclose to buying a cone of shame for Ellie.  She won't stop licking and of course now she's getting a raw spot.  Might as well put one on her before it gets worse, and I'm getting tired of yelling at her every 5 seconds to stop licking.  :mutmad::roll:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-09-10 5:57 AM
One of our wieners licks non stop. But not himself. The sofa. Non freaking stop :mutmad:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-10 6:50 AM
Chloe, our 18 yo cat licked our apartment windows down to the metal tape. She is ocd.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-10 6:50 AM
They have a spray. Have you tried that?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-10 1:30 PM
The dragon boat competition looked cool

Sorry to hear the exercises didn't go well though I am laughing a bit at the old married couple bickering about it.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-10 6:49 AM
Wearing heels again today. Not the best of my ideas. Not when I'm going to be soccer sore and stadium sore. My sciatica is already mad. Way to go shannon. :roll:

Rip is a beast! They tied yesterday. Rip had a very physical game. Got hit twice in the chest by the ball that knocked the air out of her.  Went for a slide tackle and screwed it up and hit knee to leg. Her knee hurts still. She plays hard and finished the game. But she is a bit banged up today. :sad:

Went to the KSU women's soccer game last night after Rip's game. We had so much fun. She got to walk the players out on the field. Played a scrimmage on the field at halftime, and got to get autographs after the game. :cool: Even Tj went and flirted with the players. :laugh::hug:

I think we'll be going to more of those games. It was fun and entry is free.

Super ready for my half marathon. I'm so 50/50 on running right now. I don't want to sign up for another race really. But I really want to maintain my long runs. Mom even wants to get up to 15 or so. Then to find a way to maintain over the winter.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-10 9:24 AM
Fun and free soccer games sound like a win win.  :grin::cool:

Your race is this weekend, right?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-10 11:27 AM
Yes. Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Sandia Crest Half
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-10 2:58 PM
Whoa, you’re going to NM?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-11 6:31 AM
:cool::cool:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-10 4:34 PM
:cool:
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-09-11 4:31 PM
WOW!!!  Enjoy and good luck!!  Take lots of pics :grin:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-10 1:31 PM
just say no to heels

I saw her knee was wrapped up in a pic of FB, I wondered what had happened.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-11 6:32 AM
It still hurts. I'm hoping it is just bruised. She can play on it. But how long do I wait? I've no clue. :sad:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Monday RTTs