Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Sunday dailies
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-09-09 8:38 AM
9.3 miles with my wife and a friend. We stopped at the halfway point to watch some of the swim portion of Ironman Wisconsin. It’s a great day for it.

Neighborhood block party this afternoon. I might bike downtown later this evening to see some of the Ironman finishers.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-09 10:34 AM
Sounds like a good run and glad you got to see some of the Ironman!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-09 12:02 PM
This is a pretty long post...Are you feeling ok?:shocker!:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-09 3:03 PM
Glad the have a great day for the IM.
Parent - By george [us] Date 2018-09-10 7:15 AM
2.5 mile warmup
XC race (supposed to be a 5K but probably more like 2.9). Very hilly and technical and fun!
2.4 mile cooldown
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-09 9:41 AM
Rest day here. Just stretching and PT stuff. Felt wretched most of the afternoon/evening after soccer. It did not rain. Oh no. We got the 78* DP and full sun and peak allergies. I could hardly breathe sitting there. Felt bad for the players. The other team had long sleeves! :shocker!: anyhow, came home red, itchy, goopy, swollen, Sneezy and just blah. And I take zrytrc/Nasocort 365 days/year already.  Took a shower and Benedryl, which helped the allergies symptoms, but then I was in a stupor for most of then evening. At least I could veg with football and stretch and roll my legs. That seemed to help my legs and knee at least. I can tell a rest day will be beneficial, but they don't feel half bad all things considering. Allergies are still in active mode. I must have really pissed off mother nature in a previous life. She has gotten her revenge in this one for sure. :meh:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-09 10:34 AM
Bummer about your allergies. That sounds miserable. :cry::cry: Hopefully the rest will help everything.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-09 12:03 PM Edited 2018-09-09 12:12 PM
Probably best it wasn't cancelled. My DD's events were always rescheduled for the worst possible time when that happeneds. : pbbt:
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-09-09 1:02 PM
Rest days are good things. Hope you feel a lot better soon.
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-09-09 2:13 PM
Hope your allergies go away soon.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-09 3:04 PM
Sorry about your allergies.....that just sucks.
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-09 9:43 AM
8.3 miles - 6 miles with 4 pals and then 2.3 with my music :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-09 12:13 PM
Sounds darn near perfect.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-09-09 1:03 PM
Hard to beat running with pals.:happy:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-09 3:04 PM
Nice run!
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-09-09 10:07 AM
1000 meter pool swim. 

Light steady rain and barely 60 degrees here : pbbt:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-09 10:33 AM
Nice swim.
I forgot to mention it's only 71 here. :shocker!: I've gone full on fall. Making a stew in the crock pot and baking pumpkin muffins. :laugh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-09 12:17 PM
Crock pots. :grin:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-09-09 2:13 PM
Mmm, stew sounds good.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-09 12:12 PM
It sure cooled off fast.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2018-09-09 12:40 PM
Maybe back to 80 tomorrow, high in the low 80s the rest of the week and only 70s for several days after that.  Appropriate early - mid Sept. weather! 

Stay away Florence!!!!!
Parent - - By old turtle Date 2018-09-09 1:05 PM
The track is looking a bit too much like Fran to me. Stocking up on batteries, non-perishable food, etc.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-09-09 3:29 PM
Good wishes to you.

I’ve been keeping tabs on the forecast. Hilton Head isn’t off the table but it looks like it will likely strike land well north of there.
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-09 3:35 PM
:shocker!: hopefully not. We got >20" of rain in <a week from that one. Remember it well, as the morning after we moved into our first house. I was glad to have one to move into.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-09-09 4:38 PM
Our power was out for 11 days with the exception of a few hours about day 7. The kids missed a week of school. Luckily the neighbors behind us were on a main road and got power sooner. A lot of long extension cords kept our salt water aquariums alive.
Not a time I want to revisit.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-09-09 1:03 PM
Barely 60? How do you feel about a house guest?
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-09 3:05 PM
Nice swim.
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-09 12:16 PM
10K race today. I have been having a run of 1st world annoyances lately. As DD says, "These things always come in waves for some reason".    I won't bore you with details, but the race did not go well.  I am focusing on the fact that I was able to run it and see so many of my running friends out there. 

In the immortal words of Taylor Swift it's time to shake it off and move on.  :laugh:
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-09-09 1:06 PM
Taylor Swift - go with it! :laugh:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-09-09 2:14 PM
Yup, you got out there.  Good attitude.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-09 3:05 PM
Taylor knows what she is talking about!
- - By old turtle Date 2018-09-09 1:07 PM
18 on a day I was aiming for 20. Just didn't have it in me. If I feel alive late this afternoon I may try for 2 more just to know I have (sort of) done it.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-09 3:06 PM
18, 20......same thing.
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-09 3:35 PM
I took a nap and dreamt you did it. That counts. :wink:
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-09-09 4:00 PM
Thank you. :laugh:
I just walked a mile with my husband. He asked if I could count that. Um, no.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-09 4:06 PM
18 is the new 20.:wink:
- - By SRoo Date 2018-09-09 2:08 PM
Scroll down now if dog stuff bores you!  Summary:  Scout now has an ACT2 title. :cool::hug:

Last week I decided to quit agility classes because I wasn't having fun.  I enjoy the training, but the classes are frustrating and I decided to take a break.  This was not a popular decision with the instructors and they may not let us back in (I get it--we would be behind our cohort but too far ahead of the next one).  AKC recently started an agility competition for beginners.  The courses are easier and the judging is generous--no faults for missing an obstacle as long as you eventually take it in the correct order.  I convinced DH and DS to come with us.

ACT 1, Round 1.  Scout and I are nervous.  She takes the first couple of obstacles and then I edge her past the tunnel by mistake and she decides it would be fun to run around the ring and make friends with the judge and sniff all the corners.  I get her back under control and we take the tunnel and some jumps and then she misses the tire because she always misses the tire.  The horn sounds, she jumps through the tire as pretty as you please, and we leave the course. Not a Qualifying Run.

ACT 1, Round 2.  First 2 jumps great, then she misses the tire because she always misses the tire.  She decides that being constrained to take particular obstacles in a specific order is stifling her imagination and leaps on and off the A frame and then greets the judge.  Somehow, I get her back on track and she even jumps the tire, but I am on the wrong side of her and need to sprint to catch up.  Time expires while we are on the table, but the judge lets us finish the course.  Not a Qualifying Run.

ACT 2, Round 1.  ACT 2 is a bit more difficult, there are weave poles and a teeter totter.  I take her to the start line.  We shake hands.  I make her look at me.  And then we go.  Jump, teeter...then tire...which she takes beautifully.  Jump, jump, A-frame, quick turn to weave, then tunnel, table, a couple of jumps and WAHOO, we have a perfect run!  My girl!

ACT 2, Round 2.  From her point of view, the first jump leads naturally to her favorite obstacle, the A-frame.  So that is what she sets out to do. I should have lined up differently and signaled more emphatically to prevent this, but I get her straightened out and we jump, weave, tunnel, table, jump, jump, A-frame, jump, jump, miss the tire because she (almost) always misses the tire.  Well, if you are going to miss the tire, you might as well see what the ring crew is doing, right?  Scout prances off to investigate.  I jump up and down and yell "Scout! :grin: Let's have fun! :grin:  Over here!" :grin:  To my surprise, this works.  She comes back, hops through the tire, over the teeter, one more jump and we finish within the time limit.  And all of that doesn't count as any faults because she didn't put any paws on the wrong obstacle and this is ACT which has generous rules.

We get 2 qualifying runs which is enough for the title.  :cool:  And now I guess we are retired.  : pbbt: DS and DH had a good time watching the other dogs.  The great dane was a hoot--she was exuberant and gamboled around the ring without regard to rigid rules about obstacle order.  The beagle led with her nose.  The schnauzer yapped the entire time.  :laugh:
Parent - - By old turtle Date 2018-09-09 2:57 PM
This sounds like something I would love to watch! :laugh:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-09-09 3:21 PM
The Border Collies make it look so easy!  :cry::laugh:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-09 3:06 PM
How fun!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-09 4:08 PM
I am always amazed at the dogs that can do those courses.
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-09 3:08 PM
10 miles in humid, 70* and misty conditions......not really bad at all!  Went to church and then to breakfast at a new local joint with a couple of friends.  Just hanging out the rest of the day.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-09-09 4:03 PM
Run, church and breakfast with friends. You must run super early as well as have early church. Nice day. :happy:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-09 4:08 PM
Getting things done so you can hang out is a great feeling. :cool:
- By sideshowbob Date 2018-09-09 7:27 PM
After.a month of hot and humid days,  7 Gallomiles on a cool and cloudy morning :happy:, just Leonard Cohen and moi. Spied the usual deer .  and geese . Also ran with a plethora of squirrels, who maybe are gearing up for winter ?
Late a 2 mile stroll with DW :hug:
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Sunday dailies