Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Stress Free Saturday Dailies
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-08 5:44 AM
Will today be a relaxing day? Working/errand day? Workout day? All of the above? Post or reply what you've got going on in life
Parent - - By IB Date 2018-09-08 10:27 AM
I hope there is some relaxing time. I could put in some overtime but I haven't made up my mind on that yet. Might go buy a laptop today. Definitely got in a little workout.

6.5 miles

109¢ (37 coins) & 1 yuan China (1 coin)

59º & sunny at 0700

New Balance 890 v5 Green #1
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-08 12:48 PM
I think that is the most challenging coin combination I've seen.

I hope you get to relax.
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-08 5:55 AM
Pretty pysched at the moment. I might regret it later, but now I'm pysched.  Ran my furthest post surgery and in over a year. Was going to run outside, but t-storms in the area put me at newgym on the TM. Did a walk/jog short w/u outside and then I ran 13.1 miles in a little under 95 minutes :grin: I sweat like a demon and it was very hard mentally, but not too horrible.  Then I did a video called "Dirty 30 Extreme." 30 min. of weird (hard) compound movements. Last bonus exercise was a treat. Push-up position with one 10# wt in one hand. Then raise opposite leg up and weighted arm straight out to side, then crunch them in together. Repeat for 1 min. Fun. now I'm content in my recliner happily eating my crap breakfast and will make peanut butter balls shortly. Soccer later if it doesn't storm.

Sorta cool... For a dinky city (40,000) we have had a lot of NFLers. We currently have 3 (that I know of).  2 of them went as first round picks last year. They are all brothers. :wink: but DS2 had a sleepover at a friend's house yesterday. Said friend lives in the brothers' old home. Supposedly, their little hand prints are somewhere. I told DS2 to get me a pic, but he probably "forgot." DH is a colleague of the brothers' mom. Super nice family...
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-08 12:24 PM
Very hardcore workout :shocker!:
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-09-08 6:14 AM
I think today will be a laid back kind of day.  It's been raining since last night and while one forecast indicates it will stop in a couple of hours, it will return early in the am.  I'm supposed to do a 45 mile bike ride with a few others tomorrow but they will call it off if it's raining and that seems to be pretty certain.  So, today will be a n off day workout-wise.  I'm covering 3 spin classes for other instructors next week so with those plus my regular 3 I have some class profiles to design...a good job for a rainy Saturday.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-08 12:50 PM
Rainy and weekend shouldn't be together.
- By Mookiethedog Date 2018-09-08 9:07 AM
Will today be a relaxing day? Likely quite relaxing after our 14km run...Molly and me.

Working/errand day? I am entertaining a millennial this weekend.  I'm hoping looking for bears later today will be an "errand" worth pursuing if they ever wake up (yesterday was 10:30am)

Workout day?   Oops....I guess this is where we should have put the 14km run

All of the above? Yes:hug:
- By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-08 12:30 PM Edited 2018-09-08 12:51 PM
Had a stressful week that ended with my office (I'm remote) having no power Friday morning.  Tried the usual fixes and tests with the circuit breakers. I finally ended up with my recently cleaned up office now a mess again as I pulled my desk away from the wall and connected an extension cord and a power strip trailing into an outlet in the hall.  Lost 1:45 minutes of work time so ended up working until 6:30 which was no fun, but I got a lot done since no one was around to bother me after about 2 pm. (Lots of people leave early on Fridays.).

Did 6 this morning. Very easy pace with a couple of run/walkers in the group.

Tomorrow I have a 10K. Sounded like a good idea when I signed up,  but I have a 1/2 next week in New Mexico. I"m excited about the 1/2.  I don't plan to race the 10K-at least I don't think so.
- By N70SAK Date 2018-09-08 1:41 PM
Mild stress day. : pbbt: I did get in another whopping 20:00. It's still to be determined if I'll beat my calf trouble but not following a traditional walk/run method means relying on my inhaler less. Often, when I slow to walk, my breathing becomes difficult. Eliminating walk breaks lessens the number of times I use it.

Taking a break from reading. I just finished a section on sealing integral ("wet wing") type fuel tanks. :happy:

I got some watering and weeding done earlier and will go back out when it cools off.
- By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-09-08 3:13 PM
4.6 miles running and an approximately 15 mile bike ride to and from the Badger game with a friend.
- By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-08 3:31 PM
Relaxing day......started with 8 miles in the POURING rain. I had no plans to meet anyone, but ran into a neighborhood woman early in the run, and did about five miles with her. I finished up in time to make it to 9:00 am boxing class. Came home, started some chicken chili in the crockpot and watched a movie on Amazon. (Grand Budapest Hotel.....a Wes Anderson flick which was super, positively wonderful!)

We are having dinner with some friends tonight at a tavern where we will watch football.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Stress Free Saturday Dailies