Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Back to school Tuesday dailies...
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-09-04 7:54 AM
I know that a lot of areas started school a while ago but today was our son's first day. 8th grade. Hard to believe.

I ran 5.2 early miles in the dark. First run with the headlamp in a long time. It was already humid.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-09-04 8:17 AM
Grade 8!  The years fly by.  :hug:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:21 AM
Boo headlamp time of year
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:34 AM
It was sort of fun this morning due to the uniqueness but knowing that basically all of my weekday runs will be in the dark for the next 6 months isn't cool.:cry:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 8:30 AM
:hug: it goes by so freaking fast!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-04 8:50 AM
:grin::grin:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:09 AM
does it take a bit to get your eyes used to having your path lighted again? I still love my shoe lights - I wish I had had them years ago
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:55 AM
Not really but I did have two bugs fly into my left eye during the run.:sad:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:31 AM
Headlamps always mess with my equilibrium so I am bad and never wear one......my primary training partner does so she is responsible for keeping me alive.:laugh:
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:56 AM
I'm usually still so drunk from the night before that it doesn't matter.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:59 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:07 AM
Parent - - By Tim [us] Date 2018-09-04 11:09 AM
Headlamp + humid just doesn’t seem fair. One of the saving graces of the darker months is that it’s cool or cold. Not today.

Nice job getting out there in the darkness.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-09-04 1:21 PM
Exactly. Thought the bitter cold will come soon enough so I'm not really complaining about the humidity.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-09-04 2:27 PM
wow, 8th grade!
I have been running with my headlamp all summer. it kind of sucks, but at least I beat the sun that way.
- - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:13 AM
4.01 miles with Benji this morning - we saw 6 walkers and 4 dogs. first run with my Koala clip (suggested by Blazer) it was fantastic! I actually forgot I had it on when I got back to the house. :cool:
will go to the gym at lunch to lift legs -
mrbarney has guys night w/ church folks tonight, so I'm probably going to get down and dirty with the puzzle that I started last night :roll:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-09-04 8:16 AM
I googled Koala clip and it looks great!  It would be useful in winter for days when my phone freezes up and dies when it's riding in my pocket.  : pbbt: 

Have fun with your puzzle!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:22 AM
Is the koala clip hard to put on/take off? I am uncoordinated. :meh:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 8:28 AM
That's my concern. I can barely reach my hand back there let alone be coordinated enough to get a clip on/off or a phone in the clip?
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:37 AM
the phone is already in the little cloth pouch, so all you have to do is get it between your skin & your bra :happy:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:36 AM
the clip pops open, so you just have to slide it down your neck/back far enough to get inside your bra T and then you click it closed. the only issue I had was sliding it down straight, maybe it was too early in the am :laugh:  I also wear a little magnetic blinking light hooked to the back of my bra or shirt, so I had to wear that off kilter. if they incorporated that into the clip, or made it reflective, that would be a nice touch. :happy:

it was super easy to take off.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 8:46 AM
Interesting. I'm not 100% sure I could get it down that far. But it sounds easier than it looked.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:35 AM
Thanks! :grin:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-04 8:50 AM
Nice run!
So does the Koala clip protect your phone in the rain?
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:10 AM
on the website it says it's water resistant, I know my phone was dry this morning from my sweaty self, but it didn't rain on us, so I'm not sure how it would do in a downpour. I think in just a regular rain it would be fine.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:34 AM
I think the phone should be safe in the rain as it is safe when I sweat like a hog.  The only time I wore it in the rain, I also slipped the phone in a "snack" size baggie, inside the clip just to be safe.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-04 9:44 AM
Good to know! I put my phone in a ziploc bag yesterday and when it started to rain much more steady I was a bit nervous.

I'm going to check out the koala clip now for reals. :grin:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:35 AM
So glad you tried and liked the Koala clip!  Not only is it awesome, you just supported a small, woman owned business.  I hope she becomes a millionaire!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:08 AM
:hug:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-09-04 1:33 PM
i'm very tempted by the koala clip too.
- - By skigirl Date 2018-09-04 8:14 AM
First day of school here too!  My DH is a teacher and my DD is starting Grade 12 so this was a big day.  Both of them consulted me over the weekend about what they should wear today.  :laugh:  It's very unusual for DD to show any interest in my opinion these days so I felt quite flattered to be asked. 

I ran this morning with no walk breaks - since resuming running last week I've been doing run/walk intervals so dropping those out was a marker of progress.  Running without orthotics continues to feel great and I am happy!  :happy:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:22 AM
Both of them consulted me over the weekend about what they should wear today. :laugh::laugh:

DD :hug:

Nice job on your run this morning! Glad orthotic-less running is going so well! :grin:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 8:48 AM
Did I know that DD is in the same grade as DS2? For some reason I pictured her younger. My DSs would never consult with me for clothing advice! :laugh:

That is awesome about the orthotics (or lack of). Fingers crossed it continues!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-04 8:50 AM
Great run! :hug:

Wow, grade 12!! :grin::grin:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:11 AM
only 1 of ours cares what he looks like - the other two I think just grab the first thing they pull out of the dresser. sigh
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:37 AM
Hooray for no walk breaks! 

Blazergirl rarely asks my opinion on her clothes....rather, she is my fashion coordinator.:laugh:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-09-04 2:30 PM
that is a big day! Hope it went well for everyone.
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:20 AM
In my area, teachers went back today and the kids go back tomorrow. Stepkid #1 will be starting 8th grade and stepkid #2 will be starting 6th grade. I am happy they are going back because they need some structure in their lives! :laugh: They were getting a little wild with staying up until the wee hours of the morning and then sleeping half the day away. Saturday morning after my 16-miler and DH's 12-miler, they finally rolled themselves out of bed and showered and we told them we were going to the local taco place for lunch. Stepkid #2 said "what about breakfast?" It was noon. :meh::roll::laugh: I told her she'd have to wake up earlier next time if she wanted breakfast.

Weekend recap:
Saturday: the above-mentioned 16 miles with great conditions: low 70s, low humidity, overcast the entire time. A good run, it was only 2 minutes slower than the 14-miler 2 weeks before! :shocker!: What a difference 15* and low humidity makes. This good run led me to pull the trigger on Steamtown, which is in 5 weeks. I am running it purely as a training run and to avenge my DNF there in 2004 and to get PA as a state since DH already has it in his 50-state quest (which I am doing by proxy).

Sunday: complete rest day + massage. :grin:

Yesterday: Save the trees 5k. The humidity was back with a vengeance. :cry: Halfway to the race I realized that I forgot socks. :roll: Warm-up went ok, except my sweaty feet were slipping all around on my orthotics. :laugh: The race itself was not fun. I went out too fast because I forgot that the course was almost entirely uphill for the first 2+ miles. My second mile was slow, but I was able to pick it up again in mile 3 with the help of a downhill, and I ended up with a decent kick for the last 0.15 miles even though I felt like I was slow. 27:39 watch time, so I didn't hit my goal of beating the other 5k I did this summer (which was pancake flat). I ran this race almost 3 minutes faster last year :shocker!:, but I had been doing speedwork all summer, so I can't really complain. The cooldown sucked hard because I really left everything I had on the course, my legs were all shaky at the finish and I felt like throwing up.

Today: rest day from running, strength after work

It's 1000* in the office right now. It actually feels like they have the heat on. :wtf:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-04 8:49 AM
Sounds like you gave it your all on the race though! Good work!

Oh wow on the sleeping! They'll have a fun wake up call. :laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:09 AM
Glad they will be at their mom's tomorrow when they have to get up early! :laugh::blush:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 8:50 AM
Lol. They started the late night early!  Mine were in high school before they started the night owl stuff.

Hot and humid races. :cry: sounds brutal. The long run is more important for marathon training anyway
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:09 AM
Video games and Netflix :roll:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 3:27 PM
Sounds familiar!
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:51 AM
no socks, oh no! :cry: I would have been so focused on that - like when I forget to bring a piece of gum to a race, my brain just won't let go. :laugh:

enjoy your rest day :happy:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:09 AM
:laugh: I was fixated with my feet slipping around and making squishy noises :laugh:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:39 AM
Nice job on the 5K.  I once forgot socks at a race and it ended up horribly for me.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:08 AM
I only got a small blister at the edge of one of my orthotics. I was very surprised!
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-09-04 11:10 AM
Socks!  :cry:   After the one time I forgot to pack socks with my running stuff and ran without (blister city) them I put an older pair in the bottom of my backpack...just in case!

1000°  :cry::cry:  My daughter was complaining last week about her office being to warm too.  I suggested she could play the preggo card.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-09-04 1:32 PM
ooh tough race!
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-09-04 2:32 PM
I can totally see my N doing that late night thing in a few years. She loves sleeping in the morning.
Great job on the 16 miler!
- - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-09-04 8:39 AM
9km......me, a woman* and three female dogs**.  :hug:

* my buddy's wife....as he is still out of town and she seems somewhat recovered from an injury.....cool the conversation wasn't about broads and beer.  We talked about sports and beer...and her kids :roll::laugh::hug:.

** one was Molly
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-04 8:48 AM
:grin: That sounds like she could've been me... well, not the beer part. :laugh:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:51 AM
:cool:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:40 AM
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 8:39 AM
I took a 3.5 hour nap yesterday :shocker!: that was later offset by my 4 hour night of sleep. : pbbt:  Can’t complain.  I did it to myself staying up late watching college football.  At least it was a good result :happy:

Gym didn’t re-open until 5am, so I had to do at least part of the aerobic stuff outside.  I wound up just running the whole 60ish min.  Kept it super easy but ran a 2.5 min negative split on the way back.  It was more due to being REALLY easy on the way out vs fast on the way back.  Finished with “upper fix extreme” plus a 10 min core video.  I love the upper fix workout.   No rest, 60 seconds of various exercises mostly with some twist (heavier weight first 30 sec/light weight 2nd 30 sec)  But the push-ups were rough (30 sec full depth, 30 sec half depth) after so many yesterday.  A good workout nonetheless.

And now back to work. Not in the mood.  :meh:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-04 8:46 AM
Yeah, VA Tech defense was amazing!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:52 AM
that's a stellar nap!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:41 AM
The upper fix sounds horrible, but in an awesome way!:happy:
So many push-ups! :shocker!:
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-09-04 1:28 PM
all i could think about was my next day off this morning. :roll::meh:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 1:57 PM
Lol! Me too. We don't get a lot of the smaller holidays like most government offices, but we do get a floating one for our bday.  Must be used within the month. Mine's next week so I'm trying to plan for it. I want it NOW, but I want it every day : pbbt: so I'm trying to hold off.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-09-04 2:32 PM
that is an exceptional nap. Good job!
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-04 8:47 AM
What? This is already our fourth week!

4 miles with one friend in the dark :hug:
3.3 mile walk with Olive and one friend in the sun :hug:

Was fun to catch up with both. Had some verrrrry interesting conversations.
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:12 AM
I think you've gotten your 10k steps today! :cool:

hey - any cool plays coming to Circle Theatre? we need to get together and drag Mo out :happy:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-04 9:44 AM
Oh I'll check it out! I had so much fun that night and haven't been back. :(
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:42 AM
Yes, traffic has been horrible for a few weeks already.  :roll:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-04 9:45 AM
Yup.
Also they are remodeling the school and our parish so drop off and pick up is a major beat down. Oh and then add TCU pedestrian traffic to that.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:07 AM
Any good gossip? : pbbt:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 3:30 PM
I know it. Interims are almost here. (LOVE the early start - finish the semester at Xmas, get out for summer before weather is too awful)
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:45 AM
50 minutes on the elliptical this morning.  Will go to boxing class tonight.  Had a nice 17/10/5K three day weekend.....all three runs were not awful.  Apparently it has taken me 4 months to get heat acclimated.

Both my kids started classes at college last week.  One even had class yesterday which I found odd, but was good for her.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-04 9:46 AM
And now we will start our slight cool down :grin::grin:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:07 AM
Nice job on your 5k! :grin:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:11 AM
you got some serious miles this weekend, nice job!
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-09-04 2:33 PM
I'm surprised about the classes yesterday.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 3:31 PM
That is a huge running weekend. :cool:

In the old days when I had to walk uphill both ways in the snow, I think we had class on labor day in college. Of course, my old brain could be mistaken : pbbt:
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:12 AM
I did not go to the gym this morning. I ran a lot this weekend and my body was toast.  Took the recovery Zs.

I think I will try to do weights at home later tonight. I cleared out my office and that space is crying to be used for something.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:40 AM
That will be an excellent use for the space!!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:56 AM
Nice! We carved out an area in the basement to act as a gym of sorts. We don't use it often enough though :roll:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 3:32 PM
Weights are definitely a better use for it than work or adulting stuff
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-04 7:48 PM
:laugh: Agreed!
- - By Tim [us] Date 2018-09-04 11:13 AM
1.5 miles this morning. PF hurts a bit, but no more than on rest days. I don’t get it. Lots of stretching and massaging it throughout the day is what seems to help, as well as sleeping with the boot on.

Kids are back to school today - younger 2 are in grades 11 & 8. Oldest has her first day of tutoring today in the Chicago public schools. She’ll mostly be working with kids in grades 4 & 5 who are not native English speakers. Gap year this year, then likely college in a year.
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-09-04 1:23 PM
my neighbor (who is not a runner) was basically overstretching when she had PF. She was told that all the stretching she was doing was basically micro-tearing things again and again. So something to think about....

I did find that when i had PF, the daily massage was critical. I still massage if i feel a hint of pf.

have gap years become more popular? i always thought they sounded like a great idea.
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:27 PM
Yes, gap years are definitely more common compared with a generation ago or even a decade ago.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-09-04 2:33 PM
Hope everyone has a great year Tim!
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 3:38 PM
I assume eldest is in a formal program with the school system? How did she find it? Our schools are failing so badly. It's getting scary (understatement!!!).  Programs like big brothers/sisters and some after school church tutoring make such a difference, but they can't cover near enough of the kids.
Parent - - By Tim [us] Date 2018-09-04 9:26 PM
There's a nonprofit called CityYear, which started in Boston about 30 years ago and has since expanded to about 30 cities around the country. That's who she's doing this program with. They place volunteers in public schools where a lot of kids are underperforming. The idea is that the participants in CityYear are doing a year of community service (they do get paid a small stipend but it's barely enough to live on) while developing leadership skills. I think you have to be under 25 to be eligible, and you have to apply and be accepted. And they intentionally get a mix of backgrounds among the volunteers - some high school grads doing a gap year, some recent college grads, some people doing a gap year in the midst of college; some from wealthier backgrounds and some from poorer backgrounds; a mix of ethnicities; some who grew up rural, suburban, or urban; etc. It's a really great program.

Where are you located? I think so far CityYear is only in a lot of the larger U.S. cities, so it might not be an option where you are.
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-05 2:25 AM
Sounds like a great program, but yes, we only have 40,000 people (and shrinking). 100K if you count the county, which is the same size as Rhode Island.

But while we haven't passed standards ever, now they are beyond alarming IMO. <20% of 7th graders passed their math test. <50% for all grades. Other subjects are marginally better. No companies will ever relocate here with schools like this. No teachers want to teach in schools like this. And thus, our decline continues - except, of course, for the school superintendent who got a $20K raise last year :meh:
Parent - - By Tim [us] Date 2018-09-05 5:21 AM
Yikes. That’s both sad and scary. The school superintendent:roll:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-05 6:18 AM
It’s so depressing.  I work with Ec Dev quite a bit and see how hard they work and beg and plead to try to get anyone to come here.  And then with schools like this?  It just makes their job harder.  NCLB saddled normal school teachers with tons of extra useless crap work.  If you’re a failing school, it’s magnified tenfold.  And that’s on top of the normal issues with teaching in low income urban schools.  It takes a lot to disturb DH after 27 years, but some of the stories recently are just OMG…  And I don’t hear the half of it I’m sure.  So, on one hand I always rack my brain trying to think of ways that we can fix this and help the community… and then I flip to just thanking my lucky stars that my last kid will be out in one year and go away and never come back.
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-09-04 11:23 AM Edited 2018-09-04 11:34 AM
Went to the gym this morning.  Did core, hip & shoulder stuff.  Swam 1600 meters.  Checked my log and I've swam more meters than every year since I tracked it (2011, the year I retired & joined a gym with a pool) except 2012 when I was in a masters swim group twice a week and swam crazy distances each time.  In 2012 I only swam 69 days total.  After today I've swam  83 days, so it's more regular swims and not insane distances for each swim. 

Schools opened around here for teachers today & will be for students tomorrow.  Same as in BG's part of NJ and the same as it's been since I began elementary school...a looooooong time ago!

Currently waiting for the water company rep. to show up (12:30 - 3:30pm "window") to; a) read our meter since the auto-reading device apparently began malfunctioning a couple of months ago and b) repair the auto-reading device.
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-09-04 1:20 PM
and shoulder is holding up well? :grin:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-09-04 5:06 PM
Yep!
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 3:39 PM
Congratulations on your swimming! I find it a hard sport to love, especially if not part of a group.
- - By N70SAK Date 2018-09-04 12:18 PM
20:00/3.5km. :happy: Chucking the segmented walk/run plan for a few short continuous runs while I try to get things up to speed again.

No walk for my furry little ingrate this morning.: pbbt:

I'm actually back on "vacation" until Oct. 19. I have a lot of review and prep for up coming exams though. So I have plenty of homework. :meh:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-09-04 1:19 PM
that doesn't sound so vacation like. :meh:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 3:42 PM
I don't envy your homework :meh:
- - By nooner [us] Date 2018-09-04 1:10 PM Edited 2018-09-04 1:12 PM
5 miles at lunchtime.

I had a 1 PM meeting so askedmy running partner to start at 11:30. He’s been out a couple of weeks with shingles so he was working to get back into things so I kept it easy for him. It was his first day back running through campus with the students back in school. We poked our heads into the art gallery where we use the water fountain and there is a new display in there that is really wild. They have a garden set up with these plants that have wires coming out and I noticed a touch pad on the nd of the wire and pushed it. The plants start dancing to a song which I have forgotten, but you could conceivably get all of the plants dancing at the same time. :cool: After I showered and got back to my office, I received an email saying the 1 PM meeting had been cancelled. :roll:

It was a busy weekend as we moved my son and his wife into their house. It all went well, but after having 3 extra people and another dog with us for the weekend, we are enjoying the quiet.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-09-04 2:34 PM
ok, that display sounds really cool!
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 3:45 PM
That display sounds fun. Anything that makes me smile in the middle of a work day is good :happy:
- - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-09-04 1:17 PM
school started back today for my area. i was expecting horrible traffic this morning on the commute in but it was not bad.

Fun weekend where i felt like i got a lot done but also had time to play and relax. :grin: I got a fair bit of yardwork done and was very happy to start tackling reorganizing our basement and extra room. We had our sewer line replaced last year and quickly had to move all sorts of stuff to get that done. most things have not been put back and i kept hoping DH would do that.

Well, not so much so now it's done and since we wanted to do some other work in teh basement later this year, it's time to cast a critical eye over everything. DH comes from a hoarding family (no really :meh:) so it's hard for him to go through things but we made some progress. :happy: We also had wine and cheese with the neighbors :hug:, had my mom over for margaritas and hamburgers :hug: and I had a great 10 mile hilly run with a couple friends sunday morning. :grin:

This am, i ran 5 with 2 x 1 at tempo pace. Honestly i was not sure what that would be but was pretty happy with the 8:45/8:41 pace. I was working but not all out and felt like i could've done a couple more. Strength stuff this evening.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-09-04 2:34 PM
your weekend sounds terrific. I liked your book bingo!
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-04 3:48 PM
Sounds like a good workout!

Decluttering seems to be a common trend around here. PITA.  I hate lots of Stuff, but get attached too easily. There have been plenty of times I've left Goodwill bawling trying not to look at my kids' old playthings sitting there seemingly unloved and unwanted. :cry::blush:
- By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-09-04 2:24 PM
third week of school here! But I'm from NY originally and am loving seeing all the back to school pictures of my nephews and my friend's kids. This feels like the 'right' day to go back to school to me.

run was 6 miles, super humid. The bus thing is still really stressful, but otherwise things are going well with school so that is good.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Back to school Tuesday dailies...