Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / 4 September Back to School?
- - By Deb [us] Date 2018-09-04 6:58 AM
I guess I am up again. I haven't been around so I have to catch up on everyone...

You know...Post what ya got.

Have a wonderful Tuesday.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-09-04 7:07 AM
It was a quiet weekend for us. Our tenant was gone, Sam was gone. My grandkids and son came for Friday night and Saturday. After that we just did yard work and I actually got to get Chris to go in the pool. He never seems to reap the fruit of his labor. Is that how it goes? Although he did point out that I have been doing more maintenance than he has because of his shoulder. I am soaking up every pool moment I can.

This morning my watch notified me I haven't run in 7 days :shocker!: I didn't run yesterday because it was so hot. This morning it was 78° but it felt like 100° to me. Ran 4 miles walked a lot of the last mile because I was feeling so hot and a bit nauseated. Nearly was hit by a car. Yup school must be in people are driving like maniacs. Saw 7 groups of kids posing for first pictures. When I got home guess what I did? Yup jumped in the pool. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Later today is my MRI. But that is all I have...

Oh I forgot...4 days to Yosemite!!! :happy dance:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:01 AM
Yosemite sounds like fun.  I've never been there.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-09-05 6:22 AM
I have never been to Yosemite.  I bet it is a beautiful place to visit.  Enjoy!  And post pictures when you return.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-09-05 7:13 AM
I am surprised the people who have never been. I have only come across one person who has been there. I find that so odd. I though I was the only one. :shocker!:

I will...
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:01 AM
Up in Michigan this is back to school day, but down here they have been back for a week or so.

My Garmin 235 has this "feature" that tells you how long you should rest before another aerobic workout. I usually ignore this and do what I want.  On Sunday, I ran 3 miles kind of hard in the humid air and the watch suggested I wait 40 hours before another aerobic workout. On Monday I went 8 in super humid air. This time the Garmin suggested a rest time of 3 days. I think that is the highest I have seen on that (although it isn't the first time I've seen it.)

Well, I woke up today feeling like I'd been run over by a truck, so I decided to take the day off from running.  I am sort of planning on going to the gym at lunch, but I'll skip the ARC trainer and just do weights.  Tomorrow I am headed into the office so probably no run tomorrow either.  Looks like for once I will almost follow the Garmin recommendation.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:37 AM
Made it to the gym for a workout.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-09-04 12:54 PM
Yay!!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:27 AM
I have Lisa at the kitchen table drawing cartoons.  I have Jacob in the basement playing his bass. Life is good.  They are off in a bit to spend the day with his side of the family.

We did hamburgers on the grill last night; Amy and my sister joined us.  Today we are between thunderstorms so I will attempt to get the grass cut before the next deluge.  That and a little yoga round out the day.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-09-04 11:12 AM
I can feel the love at your house!  Enjoy the time with Lisa and Jacob. 

Last night's dinner sounds wonderful.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-09-04 12:55 PM
Sounds like Life is definitely Good!!!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-04 2:12 PM
FYI: Granddaughter Riley turns 4 today.  (4 on the 4th.)
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-04 3:30 PM
wow!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-09-04 3:42 PM
Happy Birthday to Riley!
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-09-05 7:14 AM
Happy Birthday!!!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / 4 September Back to School?