Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-04 5:13 AM
....I need another day off. :meh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-04 5:23 AM
--Had a nice weekend but I feel like I needed to stay home and get things done.

--One of Iowa’s sisters gave him a bunch of family history information. Turns out the two towns in Sweden where they originated from is very close to where my family’s friend, Len, lives. Len is going to be here the 17th of this month so we’ll have to explore that a bit further. He might be able to look up some relatives for Iowa.

--Sarge was so happy to see us. He’s really coming around. My mom said he was more interested in her petting him than he was eating his food. :hug:

--A good friend of mine from high school lost her mother this weekend. :sad: An all too common occurrence amongst us these days. She’ll be in tomorrow from CA and services are this weekend.

--Was supposed to have book group in KC but will have to reschedule that. I’m actually fine with not going. I don’t want to be gone two weekends in a row.

--Start a new teaching series with the Senior Center in Aurora tomorrow. I’ll probably know half the people there. Admin is worried they’re going to be rude. :laugh: Whatever. I’m getting paid whether they’re rude or nice. I don’t really care. : pbbt:

--New client this afternoon. What am I thinking? My weekly regular had to cancel so I just have the one appointment. Going to be nice getting home by 5:30.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-09-04 5:26 AM
I feel ya on needing another day off

Be busy AF now til Sunday
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-04 5:28 AM
Sarge.  :hug:  When they choose affection over food, it's love.  :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-04 7:09 AM
It is always cool hearing about your family history.

Awww...Sarge:hug::hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-04 7:33 AM
Sounds like a fun adventure doing some of the family tree digging. That would be neat if your friend can find some info.

"I'm getting paid whether they are rude or not" :laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-04 5:39 AM
*Today will be 2 weeks since my Mom's surgery.  2 weeks of going there three times a day to help her with her exercises.  She's getting closer to being able to do them solo.  Of course, my coming down there ensures she actually gets them done.  :wink:  But I'm definitely ready for her to be more independent. 

*I miss cross country so bad.  :cry:  I miss the community, the excitement.  Seeing my kids run.  I miss it all.  :sad:  I saw the pics from Belmont's home opener and just felt like I should've been down there or something. 

*Plus having the meets scheduled meant I knew I'd see Anthony at regular intervals.  I didn't hear from him once last week.  :shocker!:  He's definitely settled into his new life.  I'm glad, but I miss him.  :hug:

*One of my wall clocks has gone rogue.  It's not keeping correct time.  It currently says it's 9:21 instead of 6:36.  :laugh:  I really need to take it down.  I keep looking at it and it keeps messing with me.  :laugh:

*I'm so tired of humidity.  It's just gross outside.  :mutmad:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-09-04 5:44 AM
Sorry you miss XC and Anthony so much. :hug::sad:

Every year when I contemplate being done I wonder how badly I will miss it...
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-04 5:49 AM
Anthony started cross country in first grade. I’m lost after 16 years.  Saturday mornings in September and October are supposed to be spent at some meet.  :laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-09-04 5:50 AM
Sounds like you're ready to start coaching full time :wink:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-09-04 6:05 AM
Maybe she wants to get into the timing business. :wink:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-09-04 6:08 AM
I can get her lined up with that. Easy.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-04 6:27 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-04 7:12 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-04 7:11 AM
Stay a fan and be their honorary team fan forever!:hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-04 7:11 AM
I'm so sorry:cry::cry: That sounds horrible missing your kid schedule and not even talking too him. :hug::hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-04 7:35 AM
3x a day for 2 weeks. wow! That's great you're able to help her out and make sure it gets done. I think that makes a huge difference in recovery

It is gross outside, I'm ready for some fall weather (but not winter weather)
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-04 7:08 AM Edited 2018-09-04 7:12 AM
I could use another day off, too.

Great weekend. But full of kids so i'm :meh::roll::shocker!: right now. Just enjoying the quiet of the office.

Got my long run done yesterday!:cool::cool: But my new leggings rubbed me raw.:cry::mutmad: So much for them. Going to have to find some good pants to run in quickly. Half marathon in 11 days!:shocker!:

Today is Ripley's 10th birthday:hug::hug: We spent all weekend trying to get her hair to curl. Sat night and sun night were total failures. But it worked last night. Third time is a charm! She was super bouncy this morning playing with her hair:laugh:

Tonight we'll be celebrating with Hibachi. I can't wait!:cool: And Ryan will be surprising the kids I hope. :hug:

Ryan has been back from St. Thomas for two weeks now but the kids don't know so he can surprise them.

Wearing heels today. Brought my backups though.

The pool over the weekend was a hit. Might have to do it more.....just move it around so it doesn't kill my grass.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-04 7:36 AM
What bottoms do you normally run in? Can you not wear those or did they die?

Happy birthday Rip!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-04 7:59 AM
They died. I do have one pair left. I'm going to double check them this weekend, except i'm already rubbed raw:mutmad::mutmad::roll:

I bought the same brand but wrong material:roll::roll:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-04 9:24 AM
Happy birthday Ripley!  :hug::hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-04 7:31 AM
Had a sleepy baby this morning so I got in about an hour of work at home while he slept in.

Smoothie bar at work, always one of my favorites. I could have 10 and be happy all day

I've had a weird tingling in my butt the past few days - kind of like the glutes are engaged but not really. Google tells me it is probably my piraformis which can cause numbness and tingling in the area. I do a decent job of stretching it sitting at my desk at work

Need to get motivated on a project but it is making my head spin and I don't want to do it.

Have to do goal setting today. My goals are the same as last year :laugh:

Took B swimming 3 times this weekend - he had so much fun swimming at my parents' that we went to the neighborhood pool Sun and Mon. Haven't been in a while since it is a bit of a pain but I'm glad we did. It wore him out each night.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-04 8:00 AM
OMG Smoothy bar! What an awesome day!:cool: Makes me want a grape ape but Planet Smoothie died:cry:

Get a tennis ball for that booty!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-09-04 11:00 AM
the whole butt hurts/tingles - it isn't just a specific spot. Normally if it hurts, like if I haven't done squats or lunges in a while, I can pinpoint one super painful spot. This is just an annoying ache all over
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-04 12:08 PM
ouch! Chiro!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-09-04 9:26 AM
It's great that you could work from home awhile and let him sleep.  :hug:

There is nothing like swimming to wear kids out.  :grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:09 AM
The curls didn't even last until noon:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tuesday RTTs