Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Too Early Tuesdailies
- - By swandive Date 2018-09-04 4:37 AM
Post!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-09-04 4:39 AM
Third time in a week and a half that I've been out the door between 5 and 5:30 to run.  This morning was a matter of logistics -- I need to leave the house soon.  Anyway, it's warm and humid even at 5am, so I had a kinda slow, very sweaty run.  There's some traffic, but not terribly much before 6am.

Sorry to post and run, but I've got to go.  Happy trails!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-09-04 6:29 AM
Runs like yours when it's huuuummmmmiiiiiddddd are highly commendable. We need Fall!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-09-04 6:33 AM
Thursday I did 70 minutes of cardio dvds. Getting things ready for the incoming DS got a bit long but worked out.
Friday was 25 minute run down in the park.
Saturday was SDO with a walk
Sunday Buddy and I did 80 minutes running. We saw squirrels gathering nuts and a few leaves off trees. When we started out it was dreadfully humid but as we continued a breeze came up and saved the day.
Monday had to be SDO due to DS plans. Then he couldn't fly out because of O'Hare weather.
Today DC and I took DS to the airport and he finally flew out. We were up at 3am so I am trying to catch up. I plan some exercise, somehow today. I am dog tired right now.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-04 2:56 PM
I bet you're tired!  Still, worth it to get to spend the weekend with DS. :hug:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-09-04 9:35 AM
Back from an amazing weekend with my friends.  We go away together every labor day weekend, this year to the Pacific Coast in WA.  Six family units, 11 adults, 3 kids, ages 1.5, 4 and 9.  We played games, cooked amazing food, walked on the beach, swam in the ocean, and generally got to enjoy eachothers' company.  It was one of those weekends that nourishes the soul!

Saturday I walked on the beach, at least three times with different configurations of friends.  One of the walks, we saw an eagle, sitting ankle deep in the surf.  Looking like a rumpled chicken.  It was awesome-- such a magestic creature looking so ordinary.  I wished I had my camera, but alas, it was shabbat.

Sunday we walked around a cranberry bog and I thought of Nini. Then I went swimming at "wikiki" beach.  The surf was high, but the water shallow, so easy to get past the breakers.  I swam with my friend D.  We swim together every Labor Day.  But this year I realized I took him in over his head, so to speak.  He's a strong fit man.  But he's not in the swim shape I am.  When we entered the water, the current was clearly pulling us in to shore, but as we swam out along the seawall, the current started pushing us out.  My rule when I swim is "always make the safer decision".  So if the choice is "go a little further" or "turn around because the current changed" well, you turn around. As we started back, D said "I don't think we are making progress".  I looked at the seawall, and saw that we were, and pointed it out to him.  We swam hard for about 5 min, then hit the place where the current changed again, and were home free.  After, D said that it was a "very hard swim".  I didn't feel it was that hard.  So I think I need to not expect D to keep up with me anymore. That feels kick ass for me. :blush:

Monday, I woke up early and went for a walk on the beach by myself. Had some time for reflection.  Then we packed up the house.  On the way home we stopped at a state park and went for a "hike".  It was about 2.5 miles round trip, to a waterfall and back.  The water at the fall was icy cold, so I stuck my feet in it. It was a great hike and a wonderful way to extend the weekend just a bit.

And bonus-- traffic on the way home wasn't bad at all!!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:29 AM
"Always make the safer decision". I am reflecting on that. Very smart for anything related to water or systems that could kill you.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-04 2:58 PM
Sounds like an amazing weekend!  Yes, definitely a good idea to always make the safer decision when swimming.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-09-04 10:33 AM
Had a really nice weekend with the Wisconsin "family". But it was hard, too, being gimpy and sidelined.

I am bumming today. I miss being able to move easily. My calf and knee are hurting today, in part because of having to walk so much through the airports yesterday and also because of pressure changes between being 600' above sea level and now back at 7600'. I can feel that I am sinking into a certain amount of depression from feeling confined.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-09-04 2:58 PM
:hug::hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Too Early Tuesdailies