Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Labor Day, 03 Sep 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-09-03 6:30 AM
Good morning!

What are your plans for today?

Post away...
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-09-03 8:19 AM
I got up and out early so I could run before the sun came up. My goal was at least 6 with hopes that I would feel good enough to do 8.

I made it to 8 miles. Feels good on such a humid morning. I was massively soaked at the end of the run. My socks were squishing in my shoes. I brought 2 bottles of half Gatorade/half water, plus a couple 12 ounce water bottles.  I drank it all except one of the waters. It was a slow 12 minute/mile pace with lots of walk breaks, but it helped me recovered pretty quick.  It was an improvement over other recent attempts to run in the humidity.

Nothing on tap the rest of the day.

Last night we had 6 people coming over and we ordered some brisket & wings (plus 4 different sides) from our favorite BBQ place. I drove there to pick it up at 5:30. It was only about 6 miles from home, but the sky was very black in that direction. I parked and started walking into the place just a few drops of rain started to fall, and there was a massive crash of thunder. 10 seconds after I got inside the restaurant, the sky opened up, the rain was heavy and horizontal. And the power went out. Luckily, most my order was ready. Some of the wings were still in the fryer but apparently they were done enough to come out. And they managed to run my credit card on a tablet. I just couldn't get a receipt or sign anything.  Then I drove home in the rain through a few blocks with the traffic lights out.  Once home, it was completely dry and it never did rain at our house.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-03 9:10 AM
nice run!
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-09-03 8:25 AM
Cleaning the coffee maker. Earlier today, I put down the early fall (!) lawn stuff. Taking the family out to eat sometime this afternoon for late lunch/early dinner. Will try to get 30 minutes on the ET. I'm really annoyed with this hamstring.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-03 9:10 AM
darn hamstring.:mutmad:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-09-03 9:16 AM
Kitty love this morning.   My grrr is the community service workers at the shelter.  they got double credit today for their hours so if they work 2 they get credited for 4.   Since it was Monday we are fully staffed with volunteers so the community service workers had nothing to do and sat at the picnic table smoking and playing on their cell phones.   Grrr…..

We are being deluged with rain.  4inches over night and 4 more on the way through the end of the week.  There is flooding but our sump pump is handling the water ok.  I'm spending a lot of time on wet basement patrol at the neighbor houses that are on vacation.   Hoping for the best.  Hold a good thought for us.

Lisa and Jacob are on their way home - 2 hours into the 7 hour drive.   Looks like they will be able to drive south of the storms and be ok.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-09-03 11:10 AM
We had 1/2 an inch of rain this morning!  Enjoy your week with Lisa and Jacob.  Safe travels to them.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-09-03 9:19 AM
Happy Labor Day to All!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-09-03 12:50 PM
Just returned from a humid, sweaty 3.25 mile walk.  Now I need to cool down and then shower.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Labor Day, 03 Sep 2018