Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Million Monday Dailies
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-03 6:21 AM
Post away. You can figure out how to work a million of something in your post of you want - or not. Just post (or reply :wink:) something
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-09-03 8:26 AM
I think I will just hit the gym today, then either do some yard work and swim in the pool, or play a round of golf.

Ran about 10 yesterday with the gang down on the trails at Fair Hill preserve. Felt pretty good to start, but I was not hydrated properly, the humidity zapped me, and I sort of bonked the last few miles. Everyone waited for me at the last turn and it was a bit embarrassing. :blush:

Oh well. An icy cold coke post run really helped. I felt a million times better.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-03 11:38 AM
Was that a Coke or pop which you refer to as a coke?
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-09-03 4:38 PM
Coca Cola from the fountain with generous amounts of ice. 99 cents at the Sunoco. I rarely have a pop or soda but when I do it is always Coca Cola.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-03 3:17 PM
I love a coke after a long run! :grin:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-09-03 2:48 PM
It feels like a million degrees out there! :cry: Actually, its 95F and "feels like" 104 per the weather channel.

It was only 84 when I ran late this morning for 8 miles on the perimeter trail in the local township park.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-03 3:18 PM
:cool::cool:
at least you ran before that!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-09-03 4:39 PM
Yes, sweltering out there. I golfed today midday in the heat and thank the gods of golfing for the invention of the golf cart.

8 in the morning. Well done on your labor day. :cool:
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-03 6:32 AM Edited 2018-09-03 6:35 AM
I'm already trying to nap. :blush: holidays I'm better off getting up at the usual time and trying to nap later. Sleeping in means I'll either skip the workout, or it will be crappy. OCD at its finest : pbbt:

Went to yoga yesterday and not without drama. On the way out the door, I missed a step, fell down the stairs, landed/twisted my bad leg/knee and landed in a heap where I was swarmed and attacked by a million mosquitoes :cry: after a little cry, I dusted myself off and appeared to have not broken anything and went to class. Class was mostly basic and vanilla. Didn't care for it much, but not bad until he called hero's pose. That's what I tore my knee doing last year. I was great at it until that one day. Ugh. No effing way was I going near that one. Blah. Felt like a doofus sitting there but later I felt better because we did lizard and I did flying lizard. Love arm balances.

Today walked/ran 10 miles. My 9 mile out/back with turnound loop is as fugly a route you'll see, but I don't see it because it's dark. The humidity and muck seemed to affect me more today. And I was really bumming at my time until the end when I realized I didn't subtract out the 7 min w/u walk. <Head smack> The 9 running miles were actually completed in 70 min. I was 3-4 min faster in the spring, but still not bad. Then I did P90X chest and back where I did a million push-ups and pull-ups. Ok. Not that many, but over 300 push-ups of different kinds.

After I finished I realized just how bad I felt. I've got that deep seated muscle aches like I've been in a car accident. Assuming from the fall. Yuck. Took some ibuprofen and hopefully that will do the trick.
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-03 6:47 AM
Girl, take it easy!! I bet your fall made your hurt like that. :sad::hug:

Nice workout! You definitely earned the nap. :grin::grin:
I can't sit in hero's pose either. I just sit on a block and call it good. : pbbt:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-03 7:30 AM
I'm not even willing to sit on a block now. I'm just not going there. As a kid I used to sleep like that, so that pose used to be a good one for me... Until it wasn't. And now I think I've got a version of frozen shoulder syndrome going on in my knee. When the meniscus was torn, I couldn't sit on my heels because if hurt badly in the knee. (pre-injury I was always sitting on my feet/heels. That how I folded laundry on the floor) now it's been so long. The knee itself doesn't hurt at all. The muscles just don't move in that leg. Laying on my stomach and pulling my heel in, my right foot can still touch my butt. A couple of months ago, my left foot was 12-18" away. That kind of imbalance is asking for trouble for running. It's getting closer now,but I wanna be able to sit on my heels again! But no heros pose thanks. That torque just makes me shudder now.:sad:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-03 10:46 AM
:grin::hug:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-09-03 2:37 PM
:hug:  You gotta know what works for you.  My yoga teacher is really great about modifications, or having people just skip a pose if it doesn't work for them.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-09-03 8:28 AM
Yikes on the fall. I haven't fallen much lately but was pretty notorious a few years back for crashing on the trail on a weekly basis. With old creaky bones and muscles there is definitely soreness the next day. I hope you are feeling better.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-09-03 10:09 AM
Just reading your work-outs make me tired. Ouch on that fall down the stairs. I can so emphasize on that one. A few weeks ago I felt like my entire body was beaten up. (It actually was that my whole body was beaten up.)
Every yoga pose and, for that matter, every Pilates exercise, is not for everyone.
Take care of yourself.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-03 11:40 AM
Sorry about the fall.:sad: A million push-ups is the sort of tune which take you to the next level.....nice job!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-03 12:31 PM
There's always that one exercise I won't do. Mostly anything that makes more feel unsteady or causes me to bruise.  I just take the attitude that I know something nobody else doesn't and modify modify modify.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-09-03 2:26 PM
Sorry about your fall. 

If rogere was still on here he'd say "Be careful out there!"
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-09-03 2:39 PM
I can't believe you cranked out 10 miles and a P90X workout after such a fall - yikes!  :shocker!:  Hopefully the pain subsides quickly and there isn't any lasting damage.
- - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-09-03 10:30 AM
21.1kms......16km with Molly and the rest with my imaginary South Korean friend*.   :hug:

* My friends name is Mil Yun
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-03 10:47 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-09-03 3:54 PM
:laugh::hug:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-03 11:41 AM
:cool:
:laugh::hug:
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2018-09-03 2:36 PM
Did you formally run a HM, or is the kilometre-age a coincidence?
Yes kind of sort of.....I got back home at 16km and felt really good so I dropped off the girl and headed out to do 20km but then thought why not do 21.1km ….I just want to keep a decent base so 16km would have been okay but it just kind of grabbed me today. :hug:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-03 5:08 PM
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-03 10:46 AM
5 miles in the rain. I thought it was tapering off but it increasingly got heavier. I was over it by the end.

:grin:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-03 11:41 AM
It just started raining here......in typically don't mad it this time of year.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-03 12:32 PM
Once you get wet you might as well keep going. Hope you are dry and comfortable now.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-09-03 2:40 PM
Bleah, I hate running in the rain.  : pbbt:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-03 5:09 PM
I don't mind running in the rain for a little while unless it's cold, but toward the end, it's highly annoying.
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-09-03 11:16 AM
Squeezed in 3.4 humid miles before it rained. Humidity was at 1,000,000%
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-03 11:42 AM
As long as the humidity wasn't worse......
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-09-03 2:40 PM
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-03 5:09 PM
:grin:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-09-03 4:43 PM
Hope you are high and dry. Lots of rain in your area. Our August has been like that... we are over normal yearly precipitation already with 4 months to go.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-03 5:10 PM
Sounds lovely : pbbt:
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-03 11:26 AM
A million things to sort through as I pick areas to declutter.  I'm thinking maybe I can keep this going every weekend. If I manage 2-4 areas every weekend (definitely doable) for a year, I may be able feel like I've accomplished something.

Just got back from a run with friends. 6 miles done.  I smell. Trying to decide whether to shower before my next declutter attempt. :blush:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-03 11:43 AM
I decluttered two rooms last weekend when the boy left. Next up? Kitchen cupboards. Isn't it a great feeling?
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-03 12:26 PM
Yes! I'm trying to focus on what I've done  (pantry and entry closet) not how much I have to go.: pbbt:
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2018-09-03 2:34 PM Edited 2018-09-03 2:40 PM
I've been steadily decluttering for months - I was really affected by watching how hard it was for my dad to deal with all his accumulated stuff when he moved into assisted living earlier this year.  Brought home to me that the stuff has to go sometime - might as well be now when I can make decisions about it.  I've been using the local Freecycle group a lot as a way of making sure that some of the camping/hiking/running gear I'm getting rid of goes to a good home - that feels much more satisfying than just dumping it into a bag for Goodwill.  It is a lot of work, to be sure, so I'm doing it in fits and starts.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-03 5:12 PM
That's motivating DH as well. His parents' house is awful. And now they don't live there except for the cats, and it feels even worse
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-03 5:11 PM
We are sort of doing that as well. There's just so much to do. I want to take the roof off my house and just dump 50% of our stuff out and start over.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-03 5:12 PM
Is than an option? I might need to look into that!:laugh:
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-03 11:47 AM
Ran a 5K at a local brewery this morning. I ran it shockingly well for how slow I train (7:45 pace), so I was pleased. Since it was an out & back, I could tell I was the 10th woman and likely first in the 50-54 AG. When they posted  the results, my chip apparently didn't  register and I wasn't in the results.:meh: But, there were breakfast tacos and the bar was open, so all was good!:laugh:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-09-03 12:29 PM
Sorry about the AG steal. I've been at races where people got pretty worked up about those things.  Congratulations on running a fast race!
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-09-03 2:26 PM
Not having my name called for an AG win is certainly not a problem in life.:happy:  It was a fun race and that is all which matters!
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-09-03 2:33 PM
I'm mad on your behalf, though: to win your AG, especially on tired legs, and not to get any recognition for it!  :mutmad:  <--- angry vibes from a northward direction, towards whoever provided the chips
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-03 3:15 PM
Nice work!!! :cool::cool:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-09-03 4:42 PM
Nice run. Sorry about the results snafu but nice pace and tacos and beer post run. Yes, perfect for a holiday.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-09-03 5:14 PM
Will they get you in the results? I don't you don't have to have a formal result to know what you did, but still so irritating! But wtg on the result! :cool:
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-09-03 2:25 PM Edited 2018-09-03 2:28 PM
I wanted to get out for a bike ride today but wasn't able to scout up any company & thus the motivation for the ride went "poof" when i got up :meh:  Decided it was time for a day off :meh:

I did ID a couple of spin classes I could recycle to use for this short :roll: week & put a 3rd together for the shorter HIIT class I'm subbing Thursday evening.  It feels like one of these will be my 1,000,000th class :laugh:  but actually more like a bit under 1300

I also did 2 loads of laundry so I haven't been a complete slug today : pbbt:  I also watched the local MLB team lose...AGAIN :cry:  Where TF is their offense?????????? 

Heat wave is back here today.  Grilling hot dogs for dinner.
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2018-09-03 2:32 PM
Who's your team?  We're all Blue Jays fans here but it hasn't been a lot of fun watching them this season.  : pbbt:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-09-03 4:58 PM
Phillies :hug: and :cry:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-09-03 3:16 PM
Hot dogs sound good! :grin: What do you put on them?
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-09-03 4:58 PM
Ketchup!
- - By skigirl Date 2018-09-03 2:30 PM
Today was a great day: a rest day, a caffeine day and a holiday, all at the same time! 

I woke up around 4:30 feeling really dried out - I probably haven't been drinking enough water lately, and also I've been heavily dosing on allergy meds, which dry me out too.  So I got up to get a drink, and the dogs were really wired, and somehow I was also hungry, so I had something to eat... and then I was wide awake, and realised I had left a water bottle in the fridge at work, and today was fridge cleaning day so the cleaning staff would be throwing out a perfectly good water bottle (they throw out absolutely everything, as per instruction from the building management). 

So, since I was wide awake anyway, I wound up driving over to work at 5:00 am to rescue my water bottle.  From the looks of the fridge, I was not the only person to have forgotten about fridge cleaning day.  I had a bit of debate with myself about whether to rescue the box of popsicles in the freezer, but in the end decided not to - it just didn't feel right even knowing they were probably in line to be turfed. 

Then came home, went back to sleep for a couple of hours, and am now putzing around doing laundry, dishes, etc.  DD and DH are both in low-key mode as well so the house is pretty quiet.  One could say the pace around here is about a million times slower than usual.  :wink:
Sounds like a nice day!
After I got dry, we had lunch and lazed around and introduced the kids to Harry Potter.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Million Monday Dailies