Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday 8/31
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-31 5:59 AM
Hey folks. We have a 3-day weekend coming up. Lots of people off work today. I don't know if I'll make it the full day or not.

Any plans for Labor Day Weekend?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-31 6:05 AM
No plans here. Going to be too hot to have much fun outside anyway. There is a race in Charleston tomorrow. A 15 miler. I ran it in 1989 and I have wanted to try it again some year but it won't be this year when my long run is 8 miles and even that is rare. It's going to be way too warm and humid tomorrow morning for me to even walk that far.  Maybe next year? (I think that every year.)

I struggled through 4 miles at the park this morning. I can't wait for those 10 degree mornings. :roll:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-08-31 6:26 AM
Right there with you on the 10-degree mornings, Dave!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-08-31 6:25 AM
Good morning, Y'all! I'm sitting here trying to decide if I want to go out the door this morning for a run/walk. The humidity is 97%, the pollen count is VERY HIGH, and my energy level is at 0. I did get out there yesterday for 1.5 miles after procrastinating forever, so maybe that will happen today as well??

No plans for the weekend. Just hoping for a quiet, drama-free few days!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-31 6:53 AM
Thanks for the start Dave!

We are grilling at my brother's tomorrow.  I'm taking dessert -- whoopie pies, angel food cake, and pumpkin empanadas.  All are going to be homemade.  Now the angel food cake is a mix but it is one of the best I have tasted.   My sister loves angel food cake with whipped cream and frozen strawberries.  Her birthday was in July and I am baking that cake for her.

We are supposed to get rain on Monday, I certainly hope so.

Today will be a busy day for me and hopefully I can get a workout this afternoon.

Enjoy your Friday!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-08-31 12:58 PM
I LOVE angel food cake with whipped cream and frozen strawberries!! Of course, if I wasn't trying to lose weight....I wouldn't turn down the whoopie pies or pumpkin empanadas either!:grin:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-09-04 7:12 AM
My daughter made  a vegan gluten free one for me one year. At the time greek yogurt (before I knew how bad dairy was) and strawberries. It is one dessert you can make healthy.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-31 7:01 AM
Have to drop a funeral salad off at church and hope to run a few miles after that.    Haircut this afternoon and a trip to the library to stock up on books for the long weekend.:happy:

Lisa and Jacob are coming home for a week and will get here late afternoon on Monday.  Amy will join us for a cookout.   So a quiet weekend for me but potential activity next week with L and J.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-08-31 1:00 PM
Dawn, I KNOW it's not funny, but I had to laugh at my first reaction to reading "funeral salad"......It took me a minute:roll: I know you are looking forward to seeing Lisa and Jacob!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-31 8:57 AM
7.93 miles this morning.

Rain this afternoon. Not has hot this weekend. Last weekend the pool is open so we will be there a lot.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-08-31 1:01 PM
Enjoy your time at the pool! Wish it would cool down here a bit!
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-08-31 6:10 PM
Have a good weekend one and all!

Humidity, come to CA low low low humidity all year long!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday 8/31