Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Final Friday in August RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-31 5:12 AM
What’s going on today?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-31 5:26 AM
--This week went by fast. I’m sure it helps being out of the office, on site at schools and agencies, instead of sitting and staring at a computer screen.

--Once I get established with all the schools and different agencies, get them into my schedule and get a little more familiar with the curriculum I really think this job is going to be a breeze with a fair amount of down time.

--Lots of places around here broke records yesterday. As in more rainfall in one day than we typically get for the entire month. We had 2.2”. It’s greener than end of August than it has been since April. :roll:

--Got a postcard from my German exchange student. She is living in Munich now. Her boyfriend found employment there. I don’t think his options for employment in the Dresden area were the best. Sylvi is a midwife so I’m sure that’s like a nurse here, you’re needed about anywhere.

--I’ve been very diligent taking turmeric. It’s supposed to help with inflammation. I think maybe it is helping. It’s not hurting anything and I’m not yet the color of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese so I’m going to keep up the routine. Hands and arms still go to sleep at night but it’s not excruciating pain and it’s not nearly as frequent as it was. I’m managing anyway.

--So, we’re talking about building our house the other night. Iowa was like, “yea, it’s probably going to be about $80K”. :wtf::shocker!::roll: I told him he’d better triple that. I swear, $80K for a tractor wouldn’t bat an eye for him but a house? Good grief. I’m in charge of building! I already have my own stash set aside to pay for my stove/oven. :wink:: pbbt:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-31 5:46 AM
80K is still almost twice what we spent for our house in the hood hahaha

Course we had 2 more gunfights the other night. One kid dead about 4 blocks away. Nobody hit in the block next to us.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-31 6:12 AM
Well, I’ve lived conservatively for a long time. I’m getting the house I want. :happy:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-31 7:18 AM
:sad:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-31 7:19 AM
I can't believe you can get a housethat cheap :shocker!:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-31 7:19 AM
Down time in a job is always nice :laugh:

I agree this week has been flying by, can't believe it is already Friday. And you get a paid holiday monday woohoo
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-31 8:20 AM
Turmeric was suggested for me. PCOS is alot of inflammation so Turmeric is supposed to help. I have a tea, but I'm not taking it otherwise. Right now I'm just getting into my thyroid and hair supplements.

Greenery!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-31 5:44 AM
~I don't know if I can keep up this schedule much longer

~Can't even remember the last time I ran

~Meeting with our AD today. Then we have a XC meet this afternoon that I have to time so I need to be there extra early. Then timing a college meet tomorrow so I need to be out there at o dark thirty

~Already booking races for 2019. A guy in Lawrence called wanting us.

~The new head coach at the college is really a track guy. It's becoming obvious he knows NOTHING about XC. Even less about HS athletics.

~Hail as I was coming in this morning

~This weird hand pain/itchy feeling is back the last couple of days

~I wish being this busy and tired would make me not eat so I could lose 40 lbs

~Gonna be so freaking hot for the meet today. 90 degrees with heat index 99
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-31 6:11 AM
You and me both on the schedule. :cry: There is literally NO time to run. Oh yea, maybe if I wanted to get up at 4 a.m. or stay up until 11 p.m. No thanks.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-31 7:20 AM
I love how your business is picking up :grin:

Did you apply for that coaching job? I wasn't sure if you had or had just joked about it
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-31 7:34 AM
I did. Got a nice rejection email at least.
Applied at 2 other nearby small colleges and got no response.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-31 10:10 AM
Have you any idea how many no responses I got to applications? No tact or courtesy at all. State of MO was the most irritating when I had to take all these tests, etc. Scored 92/100 and heard nothing. :wtf: Whatever. I’m happy with what I’m doing.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-31 8:21 AM
Sounds like you need to start turning down some jobs and set some limits about how much you and suzi should be doing. :hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-31 7:28 AM
Week has been flying by. I'm working from home on our last short Friday of the summer. It will be hard to go back to normal hours next week

Of course on the day I'm working from home someone brought doughnuts. That always happens :laugh::cry:

When I got in the car after daycare pickup I got a sharp pain on the back of my heel/foot - like above the heel below the ankle. I kind of massaged the area and it made it worse - felt like a strong bruise but also at first I felt like a hard spot but then later it seemed almost like a swollen vein? I can still see the spot today but it isn't as painful to the touch. I iced last night twice and took advil.

Last night I went to Walmart for a few things and browsed toy clearance. I follow a couple deal pages and have seen some posts about super cheap ride on toys for kids at Walmart. I stumbled upon a Batmobile power wheels for $19 !!  I only scanned it because I remembered seeing it on someone's post that they were cheap but had no idea it would be that cheap HERE

Of course we already have a ride on toy (errrrr 2), and he is terrified of them, but hopefully he will like it eventually. Going to sell the other one we have (M bought it off FB Marketplace) and then save this one for Christmas
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-31 7:34 AM
Batmobile Power wheel? SWEET!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-31 10:11 AM
Maybe Kelly will get you one. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-31 8:18 AM
Pay day! Whew. Can breathe again.

Got the baseball schedule. Ugh

Waiting on the soccer schedule each week until Wed. Ugh. Seriously. How can anyone plan? I know the game time options, I just don't know which game Rip will play in.

Two weeks till my half. Getting scared. My back has really screwed up my running plans. :cry:

Ripley has been nominated to be a safety student (AKA Hall Monitor). Can you just imagine that is the worst job to give her? She'll be taking names and creating chore charts for bad behavior. She'll be :This:shocker!: They will create a monster. :shocker!::laugh::laugh::mischief::mischief:

Mini MBA class last night - surrounded by architects. Very cool class. Three more sessions. :cool:

Getting ready for beer and burgers at lunch!:cool::cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-31 10:25 AM
LOL hall monitor. Guess that picked the "right" person?

where is the 1/2?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-31 10:36 AM
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Final Friday in August RTTs