Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thirsty Thursday, 30 Aug 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-30 6:11 AM
What are you thirsty for?

Post, post, post...
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-30 7:36 AM
I could go for a milkshake but I don't want the 1000 calories that come with it. Maybe if a manage a longer run someday I'll have one.

When I got up today I assumed I was going to go to the gym for a workout, but I had only gotten on my socks and shorts when I decided I really, really don't feel like working out, so I took a shower, got dressed in regular clothes, and went to work an hour earlier than I planned.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-08-30 8:35 AM
Dave-I love milkshakes also, but am REALLY giving this eating healthier thing a shot!

Some days you just don't feel like working out and that's okay.....Not sure about that going into work early thing though. Maybe next time just read and relax for that hour!!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-08-30 8:31 AM
A big fat cup of peace would be nice!! Okay, maybe a frozen Margarita would work!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-30 3:37 PM
Oh Pam, I so agree with you.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-30 9:00 AM
drink, drink, drink.  no dehydration allowed on this page!:laugh:

Curiously, I just got off my kidney stone forum page where one girl is complaining her doctor wants her to drink 8 liters of water a day because she is an athlete.   Sparked quite the discussion.  In other words, her doctor got blasted.  No one asked if she was marathon training in the tropics though....that could necessitate 8 liters of fluid...…

Lately all I crave is water.  I aim for 100 oz a day.  At first I never thought it was possible.  Now it is just routine and the more I drink, the more I want.  (and my morning coffee of course)

Great run yesterday.  4 miles with each one 20 seconds faster than the previous.  Didn't think I had it in me.  I short changed Misha's first walk today because I had things to do.  Now it's time to make it up to her so we are headed to the paved trails for an hour 'sniff and walk'.   Did I mention it is 57degrees and I'm wearing jeans and long sleeves?   :happy::happy::happy:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-08-30 9:57 AM
Congrats on the great run! And about that 57 degrees thing.....: pbbt: I may be able to say that around Christmas!!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-30 11:42 AM
Water and coffee are my drinks.

Dawn 10k (6.23 miles) this morning
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-30 3:55 PM
The Dawn 10k thanks you for your continued support of this event.:grin:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-30 3:39 PM
Did my walk around the neighborhood and then I went to the mall.  I am so used to online shopping that going to the mall is just too much.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-30 3:54 PM
The last store in our mall closed yesterday.  We'd been calling it the 'small' for years so no surprise.  Other than consignment shops I buy most everything on line too.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-08-31 5:38 AM
I can't even remember the last time I went to a mall. We used to go occasionally to walk around, just to get out of the house. Now though...like you said, it's just too much!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-31 5:52 AM
The mall here in Barboursville WV seems quite robust to me. That's where I go to get my hair cut and seems like it is always busy. It could speak to a lack of other things to do around here.  But I like going, especially browsing around Books A Million.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thirsty Thursday, 30 Aug 2018