Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Hump Day Dailies
- - By swandive Date 2018-08-29 6:38 AM
Post!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-29 6:44 AM
I ran a slightly faster than usual 5.4 miles this morning.  The weather is still awful and the forecast doesn't look promising for summer to end.

I have poison ivy (one spot on my arms and several spots on my leg), but I'm unlikely to get too much sympathy given that I was pulling out poison ivy on Sunday. : pbbt:  I was trying to be careful, but I guess it's rather inevitable.  This week's fun project is tearing out part of the back corner of the house that is rotten.  My dad and I have it mostly torn out, but now have to work on putting it back together.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-29 6:59 AM
Swannie! Thanks for starting the thread! :cool:
Great work on doing a 5.4 miler. Humid is awful.
What did you do with the resulting hole in the corner of the house? Is it hard to find materials to join everything? Sounds really hard work!
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-29 8:01 AM
That projects sounds like a big one. I hope your poison ivy isn't too bad and you have something to ease the itch.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-08-29 7:00 AM
Tuesday it was getting hot early so I struck out and found my buddy. I had done my 50 minutes of running and wanted to add walking to the mix. We did 40 minutes before she went to her car. She told me that when we saw the 2 deer last week and I had seen just the legs of a 3rd, it turned out to have been a buck with a great big rack. She had to go past him to get to her car but he ignored her. There’s a lot of action on the trail lately.
Today I plan to go out the trail and do a nice walk again. Toe is much better since I am being careful of what shoes to wear.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-29 8:02 AM
Is your toe still sore from breaking it, or is this another injury? I hope you have a nice walk.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-08-29 12:37 PM
Same broken toe. The hurt was just under and around it. I threw out the shoes and it's like the hurt never happened.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-29 6:04 PM
That's good that the shoes were the culprit.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-08-29 7:10 AM
Managed a double yesterday (3.8 with RN, then 3.7 at the gym at lunch). Makes up for not having a run today since I am already at the airport.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-29 8:00 AM
Where are you headed?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-29 12:40 PM
Great work on the double. :grin:
Hope you have a safe trip.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-29 7:59 AM
Yesterday I biked and today is an SDO because I have a colonoscopy at noon. It is my first and prep is not fun. Hopefully I don't have to go for another one for years. I went to the knee doc and got a shot. So far it hasn't made a difference, but the PA said it won't for a few days. I liked him. My X-rays looked good, no arthritis, which I attribute to running. I am sure it's just bursitis and the shot helps. I'm looking forward to eating later.:laugh: Tomorrow I will bike. I might do a short mat workout tonight.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-29 12:40 PM
Prep is the worst of it. Th rest is not bad.
Great that things are looking up for you with the knee and X-rays. :hug:
Hope you enjoy the mat workout. No arthritis is really a great thing!
Up Topic Communities / Women / Hump Day Dailies