Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Already Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-29 5:12 AM
This is week is going by quickly.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-29 5:25 AM
--Classes went well yesterday. Two out of ten hand washing lessons done for this school.

--I may be getting Pre-K on the schedule at this same school. They have 3 morning classes and 3 afternoon classes. Can probably work the morning ones in right now. I think it may be a better arrangement that the 1st and 2nd grade set up. I think I might be able to go in 6-8 times, teach all 3 classes consecutively and then be done. That would be helpful.

--Absolutely going to be nowhere close to enough time to cover every school, much less every grade, on my site list plus do senior centers and all the other community agencies.

--Sarge is almost 100% better. He climbed into my lap last night and stayed there until I got up to go inside. Usually, he’ll get a little attention and then jump up on his doghouse and lay down in his pillow. He just needed a little extra loving from his mama. : pbbt:

--Family reunion of sorts with Iowa’s family this weekend. His sister who is hosting it said we didn’t need to bring anything but I don’t feel right about that. Need to figure out something to make.

--Been getting a lot of calls for massage lately. I bet I’ve sent 8-10 people Krystal’s way in the past week. I actually took one new girl. She comes in next week. Someone a regular client of mine knows.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-29 5:38 AM
Can you come teach my co-irkers to wash their hands after using the crapper? Thanks
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-29 7:12 PM
I don’t get paid enough to educate your co-irkers. :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-29 6:33 AM
Yay Sarge!:hug::hug:
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-08-29 8:48 AM
I had no idea that you were also working with kids:grin:

I missed what was going on with Sarge, but I’m glad he is doing better:hug:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-29 5:39 AM
Ya it IS going by quickly. Can't believe it's Friday already.

Wait? What? It's NOT? Well F*&K that
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-29 5:56 AM
~First meet last night. Mother Nature won. We had to pick up a big 10 passenger sprinter and a minivan, load em with equipment and kids and drive an hour into all the lightning. Waited a couple of hours and then cancelled the meet. Drove home, unloaded and dropped vans back off.

~Gotta start assigning numbers and getting team packets ready for two XC meets this weekend we are timing :roll:

~8 day run streak then haven't run again for days. Jesus Christ I'm tired of being so busy and TIRED

~Met with Turkey Trot people yesterday. 500 runners and 300 walkers last year. I need to order more bib numbers. We will have gone through the 1000+ we ordered earlier this year before then

~Forgot to take any food today

~Our meet we are hosting next month is up to 17 teams! We had 10 last year. We will probably get more since we will be hosting two District races there also. Teams will want to preview the course. Cheese and Rice I have to time our meet too. But no freaking way I'm timing the District Meets.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-29 6:32 AM
Man those weather photos y'all took were intense!:shocker!:
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-08-29 8:47 AM
Mother Nature always wins:cry:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-29 6:32 AM
I love my job. I love my boss. In all the world my job is best. :cool:

One of my favorite books is "The Best Nest"

Tj is catching up on words already. Amazing what happens when you actually work on things.

Getting my new running shoes tonight!:cool: Then going for a run:happy:

Put my dining room back together. Now hoping Loki doesn't pee in it too quickly.:roll:

I can start to see how I want the house to really look after refinishing things. :happy: Will take a decade but still, nice to have a view of it.
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-08-29 8:50 AM
I have the 2nd best job then!  This is hopefully my forever work home:happy:
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-08-29 8:57 AM
Well, I dropped my kid off in the middle of Pennsylvania 11days ago:shocker!:

So far she’s making friends, getting involved, and working hard.  But she’s also a bit homesick and wakes up every morning wondering where she is.  It’s an adjustment for sure:wink:

Steph and I are going to fly up to see her in early Oct. since Steph has a long Columbus Day weekend off:grin:

It’s already time to start looking at colleges for Steph:shocker!:  The joys of having two kids close in age!

Slow day here today, then tomorrow we are getting slammed.  Every day is different!:laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-29 11:04 AM
I hope your daughter's homesickness eases.  :hug:  It took my daughter a full year to find her people/create her support network.
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-08-29 3:40 PM
She's got a pretty good network going now, so I hope it continues.  She's just not used to being away from home, so the shock is setting in.:laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-29 11:35 AM
I hope she adjusts ok. Especially before winter hits. I can't believe that will help, at all.:sad: Hopefully the excitement and new opportunities can outweigh the adjustments.

:hug:
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-08-29 3:39 PM
Winter is going to be rough for sure.  She was in tears one day last week because it rained for 4 days straight and it was "depressing."  Luckily, she joined a couple of clubs after that and is keeping pretty busy.  She will need some good friends in a few months when it's -10 and 3 feet of snow outside!
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Already Wednesday RTTs