Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Start of a new Week-- 27th Mondaily
- - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-27 5:14 AM Edited 2018-08-27 5:29 AM
So is this a new thing? I have to start the Monday daily? You know I hate this...

You know post em....

And don't forget to have a great day!!
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-27 5:29 AM
I saw on the news that Hawaii is getting too much rain. Are Lee and Rick still here? Hope you are safe.

Ran an very easy 3.5 miles this morning. I can feel the humidity ramping up already. I was expecting to be really sore, but actually my legs feel ok. Maybe that will kick in tomorrow? I think school is starting today I saw a couple of kids standing on street corners with not so happy looking faces. :wtf: The news just said school is starting but a heat wave this week it will be early release. So I just answered my own question. : pbbt:

So I have't cut my hair since it grew back from chemo. I was going to wait a year from the day I shaved it, but it was getting way to wily looking--split ends curls on the end, etc. The local salon wanted $65 to just cut my ends. :wtf:: pbbt::mutmad: So I went to Super Cuts (new for me) and they actually did a pretty nice cut. It feels much better. Chris who never comments on anything said I was wondering if you would really wait until the end of September. The girl that cut it said I wish I knew it was a ceremony thing at the start. So $20 for a hair cut with a tip.

We have another heat wave on the way to thanks to Dawn. :wink: Just kidding I still love you...

Have a good day masters!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-27 5:48 AM
Love you back, but I'm sending more of this stinking weather your way.   not quite 80 degrees at 5:30 and headed to the 100's.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-27 5:53 AM
NO!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-27 8:10 AM
And  I guess schools are on the heat day scedules.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-27 9:13 AM
all our buildings have geo/thermal heating/cooling.  Constant 65 degrees so the kids and staff are always in long pants and polar fleece.  Some days they open the windows to warm up the rooms - today won't be one of those days.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-27 7:29 PM
I'm guessing schools here are not air conditioned. But I'm not really sure. My kids didn't go to school here. But in New England it's not unusual. I guess Lowell has pretty old buildings.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-27 7:10 AM
3.06 humid miles this morning. Super duper foggy. I had my headlamp on but sometimes the light just bounced off the fog and back in my face.  Started getting light enough over the last mile that I didn't need the headlamp.

Had a checkup this morning. Weight is down 9 pounds since February (16 in the past 1.5 years), cholesterol is way down, glucose down a few. Doctor said I must be like wine and getting better with age.  He has been seeing me every 6 months but said we may as well wait a year this time.

I celebrated the good news with a sausage & egg biscuit and large coffee from McDonald's. :roll:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-27 8:12 AM
Dave you have every right to celebrate.  I would suggest you even raise a Reeses Pumpkin too.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-27 8:48 AM
I'll put that on my shopping list.

I don't know when I felt less like working than I do today. I either have to get it in gear or take some time off.  Lots of reasons for it.  Basically, just tired of the computer screen.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-27 9:15 AM
McDonalds coffee is always a treat.  But like Tom says, have some Reeses with it.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-27 7:32 PM
:faceplant: Good news on the check up...I just won't comment on the celebratory meal. :shocker!::roll:

I remember mornings that were so foggy people didn't see me only the halo around me...
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-27 8:26 AM
Took the car to the shop yesterday but they don't have a key drop box so I ran to the shop with key and a full description of the issue, erratically stalls...my 93 Honda.  I stood sweating in the AC of the shop and boy did it feel good.   I started back toward home, and boy did I feel bad.  I stalled while running.  Got it started again but it did not want to shift out of first gear.  Added some water to the radiator when I got home.  Coffee too.  Spam and cheddar cheese for gas tank.  Dave, I have my physical next week...will I be celebrating?

Concert in park last night was an overflow.  Beatles tribute band.  I didn't think it was that good, but it sure was a nice evening.  They do a 50-50.  Winning half was about $1100.   The winner, not me, turned around and told the "Friends of Bellevue Park" to keep her half. 

HHH...it must be August.

Tom in DE
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-27 8:43 AM
Good morning Deb and others.

12.13 miles early this morning. 3 miles w/u. 3x2 miles at 7:20 pace with 1/2 mile jog recoveries (actual splits: 7:17, 7:19, 7:16). 2 mile cool down.

Kolbe is at Johns Hopkins Hospital (with Sam) having the rod in his hip removed. 40 minute surgery. all went well. doctor is letting him bring home the rod and screws as a souvenir
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-27 9:16 AM
never a dull moment at your house.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-27 9:21 AM
that is a very true cliche at our house :laugh::cry:
I am going to make him a necklace out of the bracket/rod they are taking out
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-27 9:22 AM
Kitty love this morning.  All good cats.  Only a couple messes requiring Clorox.:roll:

I had Misha on the retractable lead today and while I was picking up poop she took off after a squirrel.  With this lead she got a 15 ft head start before I could snap her back.   She goes 0-100 in about 60 seconds.:roll:  And I was distracted by the poop.  Anyway, I held her in but nearly did a face plant.  Felt my upper spine flex like a cracked whip.   Guess that's why they call it whiplash.   Thought I'd have to ice it but I feel ok now.   Note to self, only the stable 6 ft lead for the remainder of squirrel season.

It's our 30th wedding anniversary.  We're going out for ice cream after supper and I'm getting sprinkles on mine.:happy::happy:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-27 9:25 AM
I was distracted by the poop.

not something you hear everyday

cracked whip

Kinky

It's our 30th wedding anniversary

Hope your back is ok :evil::hug:
happy anniversary.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-27 11:16 AM
At least you didn't face plant in the poop.

remainder of squirrel season.   You have season for squirrels.  They are in full force 365 here.

And happy anniversary.   Sure hate to turn down anniversary ice cream for a stiff back.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-27 12:06 PM
I don't see them in the Spring - too busy making baby squirrels I guess.  In the summer they eat elderberries and get drunk and fall into the street to be run over.  In the winter they pull the bulbs out of my Christmas lights and chew on the cords.  But in the almost-autumn they tease the heck out of my dog with their cavorting at the park.  I hate them.

(so maybe summer is squirrel season as far as reducing the population goes.:evil::evil:)
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-27 12:51 PM
Happy Anniversary!

Glad you didn't face plant.  My friend's dog pulled her and she is lucky that she did not break any teeth, her nose or any other part of her body.  She was pulled out of her shoes.  The dog, a Goldendoodle, started to chase a deer and just knocked her down.  She had horrible bruising on her knee and it took a while for her to heal.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-27 7:33 PM
Happy Anniversary!!!!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Start of a new Week-- 27th Mondaily