Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Muggy Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-27 5:05 AM
The humidity is here with a vengeance. :cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-27 5:17 AM
--Sarge isn’t feeling too well. Didn’t eat yesterday, has been drinking a lot of water and throwing up. Of course he wanted to go with me to pick up Iowa from a field he farms and then he throws up in my car. Luckily it all went in the cup holder and I had a towel on the seat.

--Ana brought Eiisa and Sebastian out yesterday to see the cows. Iowa gave them a ride on the tractor too. They had fun. :happy:

--Mowed and weedeated the office and did a little around the barn too. My hand was letting me know last night. :cry:

--Thought I’d grab the check from Krystal when I was at the shop yesterday. She is supposed to pay rent on Fridays by the end of the day. Not there. I’m sensing a bad pattern starting. :roll: This has occurred more than once.

--Reached out to a local massage therapist about buying my office/building. I don’t know if she’s at all interested but she did want to know how much. I explained that the rental income would make the payment (and that’s based on financing the asking price) and pay for taxes and insurance. She’d be out a little over a hundred bucks a month for utilities and have a place to work out of. We’ll see.

--Iowa is getting ready to plant forage oats and turnips on the cat lady’s property. With cattle feed at a minimum around here that will be a good additional crop to have. He found a place to buy seed at half the price. You just have to take your own bags, which he can get from work. :cool: Good deal for us.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-27 5:23 AM
:mutmad: on Krystal being late paying you.  Again.  :mutmad::mutmad:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-27 6:14 AM
Sick dogs :sad::shocker!:

Hopefully you can just sell that building and be done with it
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-27 7:55 AM
Poor sarge:cry:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-27 11:38 AM
hope the Krystal situation gets figured out or you can sell soon and be done.

Is Sarge doing any better today?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-27 2:22 PM
I took him to the vet this afternoon. They did a Parvo test (dry cotton swab up the ass that he didn’t much care for) and it came back negative. She said his intestines felt inflammed. Gave him a steroid shot and an anti-nausea shot, which was very uncomfortable, causing him to pee all over the vet tech. They also gave him an antibiotic for the next 10 days. The anti-nausea shot was a bit pricey but hopefully that’ll make him feel better and he’ll eat. He didn’t even go after the cat food this morning which means he’s not feeling good. It seems he might already be getting a little relief. He took a dog biscuit from me when I left.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-27 2:27 PM
That sounds like a good sign that he took the biscuit. I hope he’s on the mend. :hug:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-27 5:21 AM
Yes, it's disgusting out and it smells like armpits.  :cry:

*I survived last week.  Now let's keep the streak alive!  :laugh::cry:

*Mom is doing better than the first time around, but it's still a recovery.  And my Dad isn't able to help as much as he thought he'd be able to.  Or even as much as we thought he'd be able to.  :cry:

*I need about 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep.  : pbbt:

*Marie was home for the weekend.  She was a bridesmaid in Anthony's high school girlfriend's wedding.  I think I saw her for like an hour.  :sad:

*I need to decide if I'm running a marathon this fall, and if so, which one.  Anthony said he'd run Monumental with me.  Of course, 15 minutes earlier in the same phone conversation he also said he wasn't running right now due to the hamstring.  :meh:

*Elie is licking her paws like crazy.  My parents dog is doing that too.  :wtf:  My Mom says it's allergies.  I just wish she'd stop.  :meh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-27 5:52 AM
Probably not a good idea for Anthony to run a marathon if he’s having hamstring problems. But.....if he’s like his mother..........:laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-27 6:15 AM
It certainly is disgusting. Heat Index 105 today. Heat Index 100 tomorrow and we have a meet. Then Wed it will be in the 70s :roll:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-27 7:55 AM
Armpits ewww:shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-27 9:28 AM
our dog licks them too, to the point he creates sores from it so definitely watch for something like that (which then makes him lick more)

Smells like armpits LOL
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-27 9:50 AM
That's what I'm afraid of with the licking.  :sad:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-27 6:32 AM
And here it almost feels like Fall with less humidity and cooler temps. Which I hate.:mutmad:

Carpet is clean again:cool: See how long that lasts. :roll: Time to invest in doggy diapers.

Mom is going camping all of a sudden. Have to rearrange kid plans this week. At least who is taking each one:roll: Must be nice to be retired....but then she has been forever. She usually goes camping with a month's notice. Not 24 hours. I think she just decided yesterday.

Seriously need to go get my new running shoes.

Time cards. The boss is horrible about doing them and then asking if we are making money. How would I know if I don't have your time????? He gets it. He just doesn't take the time, haha.

Still not sure when soccer starts for Ripley.....schedules are so confusing.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-27 7:19 AM
Dealing with time cards and payroll is the worst thing I have to do at work
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-27 1:23 PM
I love doing payroll. All of the accounting is my favorite. Mainly because I can actually control what goes on and I don't have to wait on other stupid people.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-27 9:51 AM
I hope you are able to get the kid plans covered without too much trouble.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-27 10:20 AM
Was just reminded that wed is early release day. I'm waiting for Q to call me when he is free or awake. Time for him to be helpful.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-27 11:39 AM
I think you're the only one with the fall weather :laugh:

The owner doesn't know if the company is making money??
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-27 1:20 PM
We get a 17% profit margin and are about to raise our billing rates.  But I can't tell him about specific jobs, specific client profitability,  if I don't know how many hours he logs per job.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-27 2:23 PM
The nasty, muggy stuff is headed Shannon’s way. :evil:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-27 7:40 AM
I'm baaaack. Was off work last week and I never get to check in much.

I think I was the laziest I've ever been last week with time off. The weather wasn't conducive to going to the pool but I couldn't motivate myself to do much aside from organizing closets and watching Hallmark :laugh::laugh:

My right hip has been hurting, back to my old pain right between the leg and the hip although now it isn't caused by running. It hurt just laying on the couch and driving to work. Hope it subsides soon.

Have to record a live power point today - as in record me talking though the ppt as if I were doing a presentation in front of a group. Coworkers say it takes forever since you want to go back and edit to make sure you say it perfectly although I feel like I just want to fly through it :blush:

Benjamin actually had a good drop off today. Not sure why, since his fav teacher wasn't there. But a little girl walked up to us when we came in and he waved and I said go give her a huge so he got down and hugged her. Then hugged the teacher and I ran away before he noticed I left :laugh:

How is it almost September?!?!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-27 7:54 AM
Good job B!

Tj took forever to have good drop offs. It was over a year. Almost 2. It was miserable.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-27 8:10 AM
Yay for a good drop off.  :grin:

I hope your hip feels better.  :hug:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-27 8:11 AM
I know, right? The BER months start Saturday :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-27 8:45 AM
Can't freaking wait until this weekend. THREE DAYS OFF!!!!!!!!
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Muggy Monday RTTs