Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday 26-Aug
- - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-26 6:58 AM
Post away!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-26 7:00 AM
Thanks for the start Mark!  I'm just finishing my first cup of coffee.  Will be back later with my activities of the day.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-26 7:02 AM
Nothing going on here except the "normal" Sunday stuff.

I will probably try to put some time in the Elliptical Trainer.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-26 8:57 AM
will you see Rebecca today?
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-26 10:33 AM
Signs point to No.

Now, keeping Martha from going and checking on her - that is a bit more iffy :/
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-26 10:42 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-26 10:43 AM
And, btw, has she picked a major?
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-26 10:46 AM
Hospitality Management. I think Event Planner is the career goal.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-26 3:38 PM
senior moment - I've asked you this before haven't I.  Thanks for playing along.:grin:
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-26 5:41 PM
IF you did, I don't remember. So we'll go with speck and log.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-26 9:01 AM
Coming in Hot!   At least that is what I would have shouted after my run if I'd had the energy.  Oh my goodness the humidity.  A triple digit day on tap and our church has a festival in the parking lot:shocker!:  As in, no shade whatsoever.

Dog has been walked.  Run is scratched off the list.  Iced coffee sub'd for regular.  Maybe another hour to sit on the patio and chill before it becomes unbearable.  Is it too early for an ice cold beer because that sure sounds good.

Happy Sunday all, hope it is grand.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-26 10:01 AM
you keep that there..seems every time you post it it is here a few day later...
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-26 10:34 AM
Aren't friends supposed to share?
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-26 11:04 AM
:laugh::laugh: ummm sometimes.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-26 10:26 AM
Well during yoga yesterday I started feeling kind of icky. I did a few chores then came home and started feeling really sick. Chills and sweats, tummy gymnastics. :shocker!::cry::mutmad: All night long I was sweating and feeling terrible. I figured the race was not happening. But I kept asking the running gods to help me out. Since technically this would be my first real race in over 2 years. I woke up this morning and didn't feel great, but decided to go anyway. I was feeling terrible, but I felt wiped out.

This race is promoted as a challenging race 7K, part trail, part road. I didn't remember it being all that challenging. Ah the old memory cells failing me... I did not remember all the hills and the water crossings :wtf::wtf: (Chris said that is probably because the last time it was a dry summer) The first mile was pretty easy. Ran it in 9:34, maybe that was my mistake. Hill after hill after hill. They usually have a 25K with "more hills that miles" :shocker!: with this one, but because they moved the date, usually a Labor Day race, not many people registered. So they canceled that one. I know this one had more hill than miles too, probably twice as many. Then there was the water crossings :shocker!::shocker!: I remembered it being easy, well maintained trail, so I didn't wear my trail shoes. :shocker!:

I mostly ran this race in my sisters memory. She would have been 70 today and it coincided with a full moon, being a moonchild. She wasn't a runner, but I thought she'd like that I ran it for her anyway. I hope. I miss her everyday.

All in all a very fun time. Glad I decided to go even though I was feeling a tad wonky. The drive to the north shore was beautiful. Did not run very well, but considering how I felt yesterday that I ran at all is a plus; I am not beating myself up over it. I ran it 7 minutes slower than in 2014. My shoes are drying in the sun now. :roll: Was a fun race, not many people tho. They have replaced plastic swag bags with cinch bags and a glass mug with the logo instead of shirts. I like it when they have useful stuff like that.

Have a fantastic Sunday masters.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-26 10:32 AM
Congratulations.  I'm sure your sister is smiling.  Sounds like a rough course and good for you to tough it out.   Put your feet up and relax the rest of the day away; you've earned it.

Wonder what bug attacked you yesterday though????
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-26 11:13 AM
Thanks Dawn. I have no idea it came in so fast. We werepracting plough and I just started feeling really ill. So weird. It was awful. I hate feeling like that. I’m just glad I could run.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-26 5:54 PM
I'm not sure why, but you thoughts on your sister made me pull out my old Cat Stevens album that has Moonshadow on it, and give it a spin.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-26 11:16 AM
Rest day for me.

Reese's Pumpkins were out in the store yesterday. I bought one. Just a single and not my usual 6-pack.  We now have 8 more months of special Reese's Cups to enjoy. Pumpkins, Trees, Hearts, and Eggs.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-26 5:44 PM
So, after the eggs, we're back to ordinary time in Reeses liturgical calendar?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-26 6:28 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-26 6:44 PM
Yep
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday 26-Aug