Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Falling Friday 8/24/2018
- - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-24 7:17 AM
Post em...and don't fall
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-24 7:20 AM Edited 2018-08-24 7:23 AM
Spent Wednesday evening/Thursday morning in the ER with Raven (6). Around 10pm Wednesday evening he decided to climb down his bunk bed ladder Face First. Slipped and landed on his face on a wood part of the lower bed side-rail. A couple of cuts and a fair amount of blood. 9 stitches in his forehead. 5 in his upper lip. few minor cuts. looks like he got slashed with a sword. kinda looks like Frankenstein's monster.

Ran 7.47 miles this morning. in the upper 50's here. great running weather.

Coffee Fool email at 9:15am EST
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-24 7:54 AM
I took a teeter totter in the chin around age 6 and got some stitches.  Around the same time I fell head first off the monkey bars onto crushed gravel and had to get it picked out of my scalp in an emergency room.  And I turned out fine. :roll:  So Raven should be good eventually.

I'm the reason playgrounds got rid of teeter totters and now use rounded pea gravel or spongy stuff.

Seriously though, hope he is doing good after the ordeal. 

I opted out of Coffee Fool's emails so I can't compete anymore on the arrival time.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-24 7:58 AM
Ouch!!! I fell off my bike about that age trying the no hands thing the big kids did. :shocker!: Did not work out well for me. Hope Raven is doing better.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-24 8:03 AM
He was fine when we got home from ER. At first with all the blood and pain he was a mess...and the dozen or so shots into the cuts to numb them were pretty bad. After that he sat still, watched Disney channel and let the doc stitch him up.

The funny thing is, after 13 kids, he is the first to have to get stitches (other than a few planned surgeries)
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-24 8:19 AM
That's good. HE sounds like me. My mother always said "no broken bones, or accidents until this one (I was #5)" I was always getting hurt as a kid.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-25 7:10 AM
Oh poor Raven.  Hope he heals with no major scarring.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-24 7:44 AM
Rest day for me, but because of the step challenge at work, where absolutely nothing is at stake, I walked about a half hour this morning.  I'll have to squeeze more walks today to get up to at least 10,000 steps so I don't let the team down. We are back in first place.  Only 3 days left in the challenge.

I have been so utterly, totally, productive at work lately, that I take a long lunch and get my hair cut.  I could actually reach a point on a MAJOR project today more than a month before anyone is expecting anything.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-24 8:01 AM
Ran 3 miles this morning. Was a great morning for running. Just a tad cool with a bit of humidity. No falling. For some reason I am starving now.

A day of errands so I am procrastinating reading the forum. :laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-24 8:26 AM
Childhood escapade seems to be the theme today:  New, slippery, back to school shoes and an asphalt playground don't mix.  I was chasing someone, slid, fell, slid some more and got a piece of blacktop in my knee.  It's still there.:cool:

Taking a rest day.  Yesterdays' yoga was hard.  It is currently raining but I've been told it will stop for a few hours after lunch.  If it does I'm taking Misha for a trail hike.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-24 1:30 PM
From your childhood? :shocker!: I did a similar thing and broke 3 fingers in the 4th grade. My one finger is still crooked.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-24 1:58 PM
first or second grade.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-08-24 9:51 AM
I had a trial race yesterday with my cc kids.  This is my 3rd year back at my current school and this year's group of kids are working the hardest of the three seasons so far.  I have some surprisingly fast runners.  We go to our first meet next Saturday. 

Next week I'm driving a bus route morning and afternoon all week.  This afternoon I am riding with the bus driver for whom I'll be subbing so I can learn the route.

At age 7 I was riding my bicycle as hard as I could, spun on gravel and the next thing I knew I was face first on the ground.  It busted my upper lip and by the mercy of God I did not lose any teeth.  To this day I will not ride a bike as fast as I can.:laugh:
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-08-24 2:52 PM
My "Good" today is my annual medical check up was:all is well.  I also had my shingles and tetanus shots today and no ill effect on my left nor right arms.  And my right leg is back in gear, I PW'd 5 miles yesterday and will do another PW tomorrow.

Have a good weekend Masters.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-25 7:11 AM
I thought I had posted but guess I didn't.  Went to Planet Fitness and worked out.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Falling Friday 8/24/2018