Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Cool Again!
- - By judyruns Date 2018-08-23 5:35 AM
Anyone here? :wtf:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-08-23 5:35 AM
Wednesday I dashed out thinking it would keep doing a light sprinkle that I saw from the window. Instead, when I got outside there was not a hint of a drop for a good 90 minutes. I got in a great 65 minute run then 20 minute walk and my stretches. This adding of time to each workout (even though it’s walking) is really helping with my endurance. At 65 minutes the run only felt like 35. Geeze! Maybe I’m making progress.

Today I hope to run outside. It’s cooler and I can wear the jacket again. I like the pockets.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-23 6:39 AM
It's great that you are able to see progress with adding time to your workouts!

Pockets are awesome.  Definitely not cool enough for jackets here yet, though.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-23 2:42 PM
Nice progress! I look forward to cooler weather.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-23 6:38 AM
Hi Judy!  It was 63 this morning. :shocker!:  Still very humid, but much more pleasant than 10* warmer.  I ran a decently fast 5.2 miles.

Saturday's long run will be interesting because I will be running with my cousin's husband (cousin-in-law :wtf:).  I haven't run with anyone in ages.  CIL is turning 40 so he got the idea to swim 4k, run 40k, and bike 40k. :laugh:  I know he as a swimmer in college and I think he's done some running, but he's not a serious triathlete by any means so he's expecting the wheels to fall off by the end and will follow it up with fried chicken and beer. :laugh:  The plan is to start at 5am, run 15 miles to the pool to arrive by the time they open at 8am, swim 4k, run 9 miles back home, then finish up on the bike.  The weather is supposed to be nice on Saturday so, even though I'll have to get up stupidly early to do it (CIL lives an hour's drive away), I'm thinking I will be at his house to start running at 5am and do the first 15 miles with him.  That'll give me a good long run and should be better weather-wise than the later portion of the run.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-23 12:51 PM
Excellent work on the fast 5.2 miler. The adventure with cousin-in-law sounds interesting. :grin:
Suddenly it feels more like fall here. High heat really slows us down.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-23 2:43 PM
I can't wait to hear about the run.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-23 10:45 AM
Good morning! It's cool and sunny here today. Feels kinda like autumn already.

Had an interesting adventure this past week. Went to WV to help friends drive their first load of possessions westward to their new home in Idaho. My job was to be the second driver for the U-Haul. But there was a cluster of complications, and they are now having to delay that trip a few weeks. So I flew home yesterday and was REALLY happy to see T-Bone after some 5 days away. :hug:

I had not realized it, but these friends are living in a borderline hoarder situation. I had never seen their home before, and when I did, I had to work hard to hide my shock. I think one of the reasons they had complications was because there is some psychological stuff going on that is making it hard for them to complete the move. They LOVE their new house and property, and most of the family is working hard to get out there, but there is an undercurrent of reluctance that seems to be injecting difficulty into every.single.decision. about how to proceed. Consequently, stuff was not happening in an orderly or logical fashion.:meh: I love them dearly. I wanted to help. I *did* help. But they clearly needed more time to figure out their goals and methods.

I am home now and heading to the chiropractor and the gym today.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-23 12:54 PM
Sometimes in a whole group effort there is one person who tries to throw the monkey wrench in or delay every decision. They sometimes want to delay the inevitable. Hope they get it sorted out. Can they rid themselves of part of the "stuff"?
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-23 5:59 PM
You are a good friend. Did you get to see DS?
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-24 11:53 AM
No. He never responded. :meh:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-24 2:07 PM
:sad:  I'm sorry.

It sounds like you're doing all the right things (i.e. staying in contact but not stalking him), so I hope he comes around eventually.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-08-24 5:16 PM
Sorry you had to go all that way and then fly home again without achieving the goal, ie getting a load of their possessions to Idaho.

Hoarding is frustrating for everyone, I think. The hoarder can't understand why everyone else can't appreciate the value of their stuff. The friends and family can't understand why someone would want to hold onto that. There was one family at church that moved from one house to another, got evicted a few times, crashed with various friends and family members, then slept in their car (and we suspect in the church more than a few nights), then went into Family Promise, and is now apparently about to move to the Twin Cities area. They are flat broke. She lost her job, he hasn't worked since 2006, their son just went into the Air Force, and they have a 15 year old daughter. They don't have a home. And yet they are paying a substantial amount to store what is IMHO junk. I helped them move from one house to another, then when they needed help again the next year and I realized that the boxes I'd carried into their house last year were still stacked in the living room and on the couch, containing things that none of them will EVER use again, like preschooler size Halloween costumes, I decided next time they needed help I would be busy.

Hope your friends do manage to get it together, especially since the window of time to move in good weather is closing rapidly. I wouldn't want to be driving a U-Haul over the Rockies in winter.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-23 2:40 PM
I'm here. I rode my bike today. My toe is not better, but I powered through the discomfort. It's not bad, but my shoes definitely bother the toe. Hoping riding and exercises help my knee. I'm sure being on the floor with kids doesn't help the knee. Yesterday I did a mat workout. That's what I'm going to call it from now on.:laugh: I added wall squats, and boy did I feel them. I'm a little down because everyone I know is on vacation and I can't afford one this year. Also, I'm tired of all my medical appointments and the constant body issues. I am trying to focus on the good stuff, but it's hard. Today is 2 weeks since I stopped prednisone, and I am happy that it has gone ok so far.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-23 3:29 PM
How long has it been since you gacked the toe?

I do hope the strengthening exercises help your knee.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-23 5:59 PM
3 weeks. It only really bothers me in tight shoes. Most of the time it is ok, twingy once in a while. I know I'm not ready to run with it. Stupid dog.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-23 6:47 PM
Great work on the biking and exercises! :hug::hug: My toe swelled for 3 months although it was not in pain. I was able to wear my new running shoes for about an hour but only sandals for the rest of the day.
We are here for you and are sending you best wishes .:hug:  Do something nice for yourself. :happy: Good that it is working well with stopping the prednisone.
I know...getting down onto the floor is a very different thing when there is a knee problem.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Cool Again!