Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesdaily, 21 Aug 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-21 6:49 AM
Tell us something good today!

The school buses are running again in the neighborhood.

Post away...
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-21 7:26 AM
Can you believe how fast some of the bus drivers accelerate!?  You stop next to them while they load, assuming when you get to start that you will be past them easily, only to see them go 0 to 40 in 10 yards and leave you in the dust.

I woke up a little before 4:00 AM and was wide awake, so I got up and read for a while.  Then I came to the office super early.  At least the road construction isn't a problem in the early hours.

No workouts today. On the schedule: work, eat, watch TV, sleep.

This morning I was reading "A Treatise Concerning Religious Affections" by Jonathan Edwards (1746). That'll wake you up!
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-21 7:36 AM
OMG Dave last school year I called the police three times on bus drivers. They are the rudest drivers around here. I had one honk at me because I didn't run a yellow light, had one cut me off...it goes on, and on. I thought they were suppose to be such safe drivers?
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-08-21 4:38 PM
We were reading at the same time this morning.  Except I wasn't reading Edwards.  That's good, but heavy stuff at 4:00 AM.  One morning last week I was reading Calvin's Institutes, so I know what you mean about Edwards waking you up.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-21 5:33 PM
I read the Institutes a few years ago when it was the year of Calvin's 500th birthday. I read along with a blog following a schedule to read through it in a year. The blog comments were very helpful.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-08-21 6:05 PM
I remember you reading it that year.  I haven't read it cover to cover, but have read parts of it and refer to sections of it occasionally.  My plan is to read all of it though.  It would be helpful to read and discuss with others.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-21 7:44 AM
I was going to take today off, but I listened to the forecast while drinking my coffee, and she said rain tomorrow :shocker!:, so I ran today. Ran 4.3 miles Yay!! I have a race this weekend that distance 7k. Wanted to see if I could actually  do it without killing myself. It is suppose to be challenging, so.... at least I will finish. :laugh::laugh::laugh: I discovered a way to avoid an intersection that people never let me across. I was looking for the new rail trail and mapped it out on gmap into this neighborhood I had never been through. Wow very cool very old houses, one has a sign 1864. I guess that is why it is called the historic section. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Duh!!

I might go check out the rail trail this afternoon.

Ugh bus drivers. I posted my rant under Dave's post.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-21 8:48 AM
nice run Deb.:happy:

I love cool old houses.  When we travel we love to scope out the old neighborhoods.  Often we stay in Bed and Breakfasts because the proprietor will direct us to the historic neighborhoods and will usually know the owners and get us in.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-24 7:56 AM
This is a very historic section. We toured a tavern that was burned in the 60's they have the room just as looked when it was burned. But it was from the 1700's I think. You might like this https://ironworkfarm.org/cms2/index.php/jones-tavern it's a very interesting place.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-24 10:37 AM
:cool:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-21 8:54 AM
My good thing is a story on the opinion page in the local paper.  A German citizen who visited here this summer wrote the most uplifting piece on neighborhoods in America.  She said your country appears to be nothing but anger but your neighborhoods prove that wrong.  So much love and kindness and looking out for each other.   Just really nice to read.:happy:

We are having cool rain.  A preview to October when we get a ton of cool grey days.  No fear, it should be low 80's and sunny after lunch but it is certainly a taste of fall at the moment.

Yoga for a cranky back today.  I am fighting with my  mattress and pillow arrangements; feel like my back seizes up during the night.  My morning dog walk fixes it but I think some gentle stretching will do extra good.   Or maybe I should take to walking the dog around 2am:laugh:
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-21 10:35 AM
No running again today. Curse ye, hamstring!

Working from home today to keep Katy company while Martha is out of town. Needless to say, the cats are quite sure I am home to keep THEM company.

Cats on keyboards do not make good code.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-21 1:20 PM
6.21 miles this morning in Dawn's honor.
School doesn't start in Maryland until after Labor Day. Law was changed a few years ago.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-08-21 4:46 PM
Today at cc practice we had warmed up and the kids were about 3 minutes into a run when it started raining kind of hard.  We were all drenched in no time, but no lightening or bad stuff, just a cool rain.  The kids loved it.  No parents have complained yet, but there will probably be one or two tomorrow because their kids shoes got wet. That's the good today.  Running in the rain.

Today I demonstrated lunges and led the kids in some.  A couple hours later I could feel the stress fracture aching.  I guess I need to not do anything that would put any excess stress on my body.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-22 7:57 AM
I did not work out on Tuesday.  I worked on my circle of friends instead.  Had coffee with two of my neighborhood friends.  I took my milk frother and felt like we were in a fancy coffee shop.  Then my friend that hosted gave us two samples of guajillo honey.  I also took a jar of pickled red onions for one of the girls.  My husband had already made a jar for the other one.

Then in the afternoon I attended a planning meeting.

My husband and I are hooked on "The Americans."  We binge watch it.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-08-24 12:26 PM
My "Good" today is my annual medical check up was:all is well.  I also had my shingles and tetanus shots today and no ill effect on my left nor right arms.  And my right leg is back in gear, I PW'd 5 miles yesterday and will do another PW tomorrow.

Have a good weekend Masters.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesdaily, 21 Aug 2018