Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies are rainy
- - By judyruns Date 2018-08-21 5:30 AM
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-08-21 5:30 AM
Monday I ran into my friend and we did 45 minutes running. She is doing a great job at losing weight and goes on after we part.
Today I may be inside. There have been and still are storms in the area.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-21 10:38 AM
I'm sure your friend appreciates your encouragement.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-21 6:41 AM
They've been predicting days of rain, but we haven't gotten nearly as much as predicted.  Certainly enough rain, though.  Now I need it to dry up a bit so I can mow. :laugh:

I ran 5.4 this morning.  It's cloudy, but warm and humid.  I need to work on the aforementioned mowing today, but it is currently too wet.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-21 8:27 AM
We have had rain predicted a lot and almost none of it came...sometimes a quick storm with runoff. We need a day of quiet rain.
Speaking to the NC rain: now dry up a little so Swannie can mow. Ummm, did it listen? :laugh:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-21 10:38 AM
Do you have a ride on mower? If I remember correctly, you don't.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-21 6:54 PM
We do have a riding mower for part of the yard, but the part that's sodded is done with a self-propelled push mower.  I would guess that it is a good 1.5-2 acres of mowable grass in total, so even doing a good bit of it with a riding mower means it still takes a solid half day.  I did get the riding mower part done this afternoon, but still have the push mower part left to do.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-08-21 9:58 AM
Rain here would be welcome- it would clear all this smoke.  We have been on air quality warnings for days, and off and on for weeks now.  Keeping all doors and windows closed. Reducing outside exercise.  It's a pain. Swam in the pool this morning.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-21 10:39 AM
I hope you all get rain out west.:sad::sad:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-08-21 3:38 PM
Yeah, it would put out some of the fires too.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-08-21 12:16 PM
That's awful about the fires. I hope you get rain to clean the air. Does the smoke leave a smelly residue?
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-08-21 3:37 PM
The smoke makes it hard to breathe.  We are currently at the "hazardous for all people" level of smoke for the City.  Those who do not have AC or do not have homes are encouraged to go to public buildings with AC (libraries, community centers) and do their breathing there. My eyes are burning and I've had a slight headache for a few days now.  They say it will start to blow through on Wednesday. I'm supposed to do a 1.5 mile swim on Sunday which may be canceled if the air is still bad that day. No one should be breathing this stuff. It is equivalent to about 7 cigarettes a day.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-21 10:37 AM
My body hates me. My knee is now messed up. I'm pretty sure it is bursitis or something like ted bike riding yesterday to see if that would help, but my toe was bothered. Yesterday I did some core work and push ups. Not much, but I will do more tonight. I've been slacking. I miss running and hope that I'll be back to it soon. My push ups are getting stronger.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-21 12:15 PM
Easy for me to say, but that is great news about the push ups! My little sticks don't support hoot. :grin:
I know it is hard when  more than one body part is hurting. Sending healing vibes ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies are rainy